+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which feeder for XMT 304?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which feeder for XMT 304?

Yes it is.. I am debating changing my one gun back to the Miller setup, and taking the Tweco adapter off of the 74DX.. Not that I had one issue with arc starting or any other problem with it.. Sometimes that little extra thing can clean the arc up just that much more. Performance you don't know is there.. I can always throw the Tweco back on if I want to run my other guns.. I pretty much have most of the solid wire rollers, and correct guides for it now, and a few Knurled ones too. The Lincoln LF-72/LN-25 has all but the .035 aluminum rollers, but a full package there.

I won't be breaking the Shopmate 300DX, and 74DX up anytime soon, but the LF-72 stays right with it too.. It belongs right beside it, Just not on it.. Had that very nice Thermal feeder on that machine to...Looked funny, but nice one too..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

2. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^that's some nice looking stuff there.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the main thing is,lots of good feeders for the XMT machines . You probably would have a harder time finding a bad one for it..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I guess the main thing is,lots of good feeders for the XMT machines . You probably would have a harder time finding a bad one for it..
    You know, one thing that would be nice on machines like the Shopmate or now other non inverter type machines is a panel mount switch to close the contactor for VS applications. I'm going to mount one on this old Airco mig I have here, just for the sake of doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a XMT 304 and 74DX tonight. I welded with it a bit before paying....really impressed with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    You know, one thing that would be nice on machines like the Shopmate or now other non inverter type machines is a panel mount switch to close the contactor for VS applications. I'm going to mount one on this old Airco mig I have here, just for the sake of doing it.
    Mines still under warranty, so no mods yet.. The switch on the 10 pin works just fine for contactor on.. LN-25 Pro does not know the difference

Nice blue setup too..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    A variety of feeders will run off that machine, both 115 and 24 VAC. A lot will depend on your needs specifically and price budget.

I sell fully reconditioned and warrantied 50 series feeders, two or four roll. Most of what I have are digital readout units. Can be equipped with stainless sheet metal and burnback as well.

PM me if you're interested. I'll help you out if I can. If you find something yourself and need a hand hooking it up let me know. I have a couple digital readout dual head coming in soon as well. I can set up a complete plug and play package, with gun, control cord, gas hose and flowmeter and welding lead if needed.

Heres a couple I've done in the past.
    Does anyone on here know if this user is still active and still selling feeders? I've tried to PM and it says his storage is full. I'm wanting to locate a good rebuilt feeder such as he used to sell. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eckco View Post
    Does anyone on here know if this user is still active and still selling feeders? I've tried to PM and it says his storage is full. I'm wanting to locate a good rebuilt feeder such as he used to sell. Thanks!
    I talk to Steve fairly regular and he isn't really into that now but I could ask him if he has anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I’ve just bought a XMT304 for £450, I’ve been looking for a decent wire feeder to connect up but I’m really unsure of the options, I can see on the forum that some of you have used a 12VS which I am considering but I wouldn’t be connected up to a genset, I have been looking at a used 714D which looks very similar to a S74DX but am unsure of the compatibility, any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

if it has a 14 pin miller plug, odds are that it will plug and play. Find the manual off the miller website and check the pinout, just in case.
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist