+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Craigslist Score Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Craigslist Score Thread!

Yeah. Im gonna pass. Im really wanting to get into learning the tig process but ill wait for a better deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, there isn't an inverter on this planet you're going to repair for a couple hundred bucks

I've been working on them for ten plus years and have learned the hard way how that story goes. What he isn't telling you is when the main board failed, it took the power modules and input rectifier along with it. Sure, sometimes you get lucky and pick one up that really does have just a simple problem and it was thought to be something much more serious. This usually happens when a machine comes in the tech has no familiarity with and after doing the prescribed checks in the manual, gives up and says it's too expensive to repair.

Generally speaking, control and interconnect board for machine like this are going to start in the upper $600s and just go up from there. A quick check online shows boards for that machine easily costing over a grand a piece.

That's just counting the board. Of course, if any other components are damaged, the price goes up. Plus, some machines will need to have one part replaced to see if another is bad. Put a brand new board in a machine with a hidden problem, guess what? You just blew up a thousand dollar board to find that out. I've had enough board heartbreaks to know that you're seriously rolling the dice on something like this.

There's a reason the guy is ditching them on CL. He likely got them for nothing from an employer or cheap at auction. Sure, if you knew your way around these machines and had some experience it may be worth picking them up in hopes that tou may be able to make a couple good machines out of them all.

Revisions play into things too, and sometimes machines that have been manufactured for a number of years may have extensive revisions made to their internal components, basically rendering used parts interchangeability between certain model years impossible.

Believe me bro, I've cried the blues over stuff like this enough to know its a huge risk at the asking price.

Say $500 for them all? Maybe....

IMHO of course

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 7A7 i can see somthing like that being a nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I've been there man. Hate to see someone else go there too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again. My plan has been to buy a ahp alpha tig to get my feet wet with tig. That seems like the most economical route for me at the moment and seem to have great feedback from users.

Post Thanks / Like

That same model machine was on Chattanooga Craigslist for 550 at a pawn shop. Was advertised as a working machine. Also advertising no leads

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Screenshot_2016-08-24-23-10-44.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  37.0 KB
    Blue stock- shopmaster, a/bp330, maxstar 150stl, maxstar 210, hf251, Tbolt ac/dc, mm 135
    Red stock-ranger 8, weldanpower 150, idealarc 250 ac/dc
    Esab plasma, Victor OA set, Air products ac/dc 400 amp
    It's me flipped in snow..doughnut fail

Post Thanks / Like

Do flea market finds count? If so i picked up a few goodies Sunday afternoon at a huge fleamarket. 1x Simmons fine tooth file for a buck. A orange pony brand c clamp for three bucks, a five inch Makita angle grinder for twenty bucks a seven inch Rigid angle grinder with i believe a masonry blade that has a rotating rat tail handle for fourty bucks. a one third horse power craftsman block grinder with two good abrasive wheels but missing the right side spark shield for fifty bucks. An American made craftsman ball peen hammer in good shape for three bucks. four other american made c clamps for ten bucks and last but not least a heavy duty four bike clamping two inch receiver bike rack for the car for thirty five bucks. Ill upload pictures if it counts
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 08-29-2016 at 04:55 AM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Answered a CL ad recently for a tool sale, contractor retiring. When I got there, everything was free- they just wanted to empty their storage unit.

Got a heavy duty drop forged 6" C-clamp and about a dozen other made-in-USA C-clamps, a Ridgid 4" pipe cutter, a Milwaukee 9" sander-polisher, a few nice old hammers and pry bars, and about 25 lbs. of assorted TimberLock screws.

Another free ad a couple of days later got me a recent Machinery's Handbook and several other $$$ technical books.

BTW, this is in an area where CL is small and slow moving. Decent deals are hardly an everyday occurrence, mostly the same overpriced crap.

John
    A few welders
    A lot of hammers
    A whole lot of C-clamps

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if these qualify for this thread, but picked these up on my way to vacation spot. 125.00 each with feeders. Dad will be getting one with the Haas-Kamp conversion once cleaned up for a birthday gift. I'll keep one for myself and maybe sell the other. Anyone have any info on the gas controls?

Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-05-16-04-09.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by Teggy1; 09-05-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

got this score for 350 bucks for the whole lot. machine works beautifully, cylinder on the machine is full of c25. the other 3 are about empty.

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh score today. Mi-T-M 4000psi pressure washer. 16hp Briggs & Stratton vanguard with electric start. 100ft hose and standard length and extended length wands.
    Been sitting for a couple years. Fresh gas, check engine and pump oil...all oils look new. Paid $40
    Blew paint off my truck. Works awesome.
    Saved it from being posted on Craigslist...friend had it and I got it a few months ago to check it out for him...never got around to it so today he said he just wants a few bucks for it since he'll never use it.Name:  14735434367482045575397.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  124.9 KB
    Last edited by Michael ray; 09-10-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

JD2 model 4 with pump and 2inch 180* dies..........cylinder needs new seals, but I got everything for $680. Gonna clean it up and make it look nice.
    Lincoln Idealarc TIG 250 AC/DC, Lincoln 175 HD and one fine grinder.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot all about this thread . I picked up a Breadco 609 backhoe attachment for my skid loader about 2 weeks ago from craigslist. It came with 3 bucket a12,18,and 24". The guy even delivered it to me. I paid $2000 for it and I gave him $100 for delivering it. It would have been a good deal a twice the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a Burr King 760 the other day with a box of probably 100 belts for $75.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazlx View Post
    Picked up a Burr King 760 the other day with a box of probably 100 belts for $75.
    That wasn't a deal, that was a steal. Nice find!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, not exactly from Craigslist, but from a dutch equivalent.

I bought a 6x79 belt grinder for €200 ($225).
    3 phase 400 volt, 5,5 hp motor.

Flat table

Post Thanks / Like

Snap on box...picked it up today for 200
    Older but not beat up. Name:  14756051192801420953914.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  53.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Drug this home for $200 today. Arboga 1830 radial drill press.

Post Thanks / Like

Scored some welder stuff this week. Got a Bernard 400a Q gun for miller this week $65.00 total including shipping. Got the Miller bobcat 225 for $250. Its got a broken rod but I wanted it cause I have a identical machine and am going to save it for parts. Also stopped at a surplus store and asked the guy how much he wanted for the miller feeder stuff, he said $100 so I figured I better take it for that price. S74DX feeder for some sort of automation setup with a 1-3/8 water cooled welder torch. Was maybe thinking about maybe converting it to a swingarc?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a lincoln precision tig 275 $1000 with a 330 argon bottle ready to weld I was pretty happy I had just sold my miller sycrowave 250 with cooler and was pretty bummed about itName:  20160902_080319.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  65.4 KBName:  20160902_124656.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  59.8 KB
    Lincoln precision tig 275 sold and it's back😆
    HTP invertig 221
    Lincoln 210 mp with spool gun
    Miller 375 spectrum
    1967 lincoln sa200 project
    Hendey lathe 12X30

Miller big20 parts machine

Post Thanks / Like

I totally forgot about this thread as well. Scored a lot of goodies on Craigslist lately. Probably forgot because no one answered my last question.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's not exactly a tool but it was a craigslist steal... $350 brand new.

They assist you in training to lift heavier pieces of steel and machines around the shop...

Attachment 1598851
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Well it's not exactly a tool but it was a craigslist steal... $350 brand new.

They assist you in training to lift heavier pieces of steel and machines around the shop...

Attachment 1598841
    Hahahaha I like your thinkin got to keep in shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Lincoln precision tig 275 sold and it's back😆
    HTP invertig 221
    Lincoln 210 mp with spool gun
    Miller 375 spectrum
    1967 lincoln sa200 project
    Hendey lathe 12X30

Miller big20 parts machine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bzbcustoms View Post
    Hahahaha I like your thinkin got to keep in shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Damn right. Little too light for benching but it sure beats buying a set of paired dumbbells from 10-90.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist