Thread: Miller Intellitig 4

Post Thanks / Like

Miller Intellitig 4

A friend brought over an old Miller Intellitig 4 the other day. It was in their barn, and they want to get rid of it, so it's pretty dirty, not cleaned up, so no pictures yet...I just wanted to test the waters concerning it.

It has no cables, power cord or any other attachments, just the machine. I did a search here and on the entry-net to check out the Intellitig 4 machines. From what I'd read, they were the "cat's meow" in their day. I don't do TIG, so it's of no value to me, but someone may need one for parts. I understand they aren't made anymore, so anyone currently needing parts might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller Intellitig 4

They are used in the micro welding industry to precisely control ramp up and down amperages. Now, a Dynasty can do pretty much everything an Intellitig unit can in one package. The Intellitig 40 was a variation of the Intellitig 4, but manufactured more for automated controls.

I've sold a few of them. Got around $600 a piece back in the late 2000s. Sold them to users in the micro welding industry. These were working units but were sold as is. Dunno what they would bring now, it's kind of one of those things you need a specific type of buyer for. They are a good addition to solid state machines to increase their capabilities if one was in need of precise control over the arc from startup to stop and didn't want to put money into a newer inverter.

I would imagine $300-600 would be about average. A lot has changed since they were cutting edge.

IMHO of course

Post Thanks / Like

OK, thanks for the feedback. I'll just see how this one shakes out. Those units seemed to be really sofisticated (sp?). It still has the price sticker on it; was about $2230 new, not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. The guy that bought mine said in real good shape guaranteed everything working they would go a grand on them.

I paid around three and change for each units sold them for six. Didn't have to do a thing to them, just flipped them.