+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WP-20 torch leaking water? New 255ext got today

Post Thanks / Like

WP-20 torch leaking water? New 255ext got today

Just hooked up my new 255ext today with cooler and plumbed in the wp20 that came with it-
    loaded cooler - turned on and watched the water just pour out of the torch handle-

- i havent even tried welding with the machine yet- purged the gas and turned on the cooler and then watched a big puddle form on the welding table.

im assuming the torch is defective but just checking if theres anything that i can check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WP-20 torch leaking water? New 255ext got today

Is it coming from the handle or nozzle ?
    If it's coming from the nozzle the gas and water connections are reversed.
    Did you download the manual ? http://www.everlastgenerators.com/si...ext%202015.pdf
    Everlast 250 EX - 2013 model
    Everlast I-Mig 250P with 20' Profax gun
    Everlast PowerPlasma60 with P80 torch
    Hobart Handler 135
    Everlast PowerPro256: Sold

Post Thanks / Like

from nozzle___

i had the manual but the 2 of us at work didnt read it-- i went off the color and "assumed" that like the non water cooled torch the same cable would go to welder but from the image looks like we did it wrong so will try that tomorrow when get in to work

it was pretty much fedex shows up- open box - plug in and then had 15 min before time to leave so didnt look that close

i thought the other guy at worked checked and thought the fittings were different.. guess not-- they SHOULD be so you cant hook it up incorrect.. also makes no sense that 2 hoses that come from same part of main hose go to 2 different places on the machine-- but now i know ..

thanks
    Last edited by cartel; 12-24-2015 at 01:23 AM.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you'll read the manual, you might find some other things that you'll find useful as well. You'll need to thoroughly clean and purge that hose.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

i was planning on just blowing it out with the compressor--

as for the manual the one that came in the box was some lame half sized booklet- not the same as the one linked above- as the one the machine came with has a section on "erection" of the machine lol

Post Thanks / Like

well the water cooler/torch works fine after hooking it up correctly..

i have another problem/ issue that will post separately.
    i planned on buying a better torch ck20 swivel and better foot pedal but want to get it setup for now. right now my old syncrowave 250 works better -

they really should make the hose or cooler color compatible-- theres a BLUE hose and a blue fitting on the cooler and they DO NOT go to each other.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Please, sit down and read the manual. It seems this is all related to not reading the manual. It'll take 20 or 30 minutes to thoroughly read the manual. Print it off, Take notes, mark it up and do whatever you need to learn how this machine operates before you tell people the welder or the torch or whatever is not functioning correctly. We'll be glad and more than willing to help even over this holiday weekend, but when it seems obvious that so many things are wrong just from not taking the time to familiarize yourself with the welder's manual, (and probably the safety section as well) which specifically addresses many items on setup and connections, it is a waste of everybody's time to keep posting about perceived issues that really aren't.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the importance of reading the manual, but why not make the connections more obvious?

(On a side note... I wish a decent manual was available for my MTS211Si. I'd love to read it several times over.)
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    it is a waste of everybody's time to keep posting about perceived issues that really aren't.
    i completely disagree...

on both posts the first person who responded had the correct answer. Zoama here and mechanic on the other post i made.
    i did read the manual and i did search the forum here as well as the everlast one (the everlast one wont let me post till im approved so its a waste of time- and in 3 days i havent been approved yet)

maybe one of the "stickys" here should be for common mistakes/setup.. that would be more helpful. i cant be the only one who has plugged in a water cooler hose incorrectly.

Post Thanks / Like

It is confusing the way they color the hoses, but I just blew through the torch hookups and felt where the air came out, to tell which was which, then I labeled the gas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist