+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powcon 300 ST... Got a few questions before purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powcon 300 ST... Got a few questions before purchase

PowCon 300ST. Old School. Unit currently not in hand.Test driving her in Stick and TIG mode next weekend.

Will standard Tweco male connectors interface to the aft female connectors on the machine? No connectors appear visible on the unit from the supplied pictures.

Appreciate any insight. Mahalo.
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ManoKai View Post
    PowCon 300ST. Old School. Unit currently not in hand.Test driving her in Stick and TIG mode next weekend.

Will standard Tweco male connectors interface to the aft female connectors on the machine? No connectors appear visible on the unit from the supplied pictures.

Appreciate any insight. Mahalo.
    Yep standard Tweco connectors

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Mahalo Southpaw.
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Post Thanks / Like

Closing out a comment from posts #26 and 27.

The PowCon 300ST we acquired from a CL seller is run'n great in both SMAW and scratch TIG. She's now become our primary rig for stick welding in the shop.

Learned today, after patiently waiting for 3 weeks, that our LWS can recertify/fill the K cylinder that came with the welder package. The cylinder is stamped for 4400 psig and configured with a CGA-680 vintage Airco regulator. The regular is hefty/hefty and in excellent shape.

Looking forward to having the increased volume of Ar for work.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. They are really nice stick welders. Same goes for the old TA machines like the LM300 I have. Both excellent choices for inverter stick machines. The TA are quite a bit lighter than the similar Powcon. About 15-20lb difference between your 300 and mine
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Good to hear. They are really nice stick welders. Same goes for the old TA machines like the LM300 I have. Both excellent choices for inverter stick machines. The TA are quite a bit lighter than the similar Powcon. About 15-20lb difference between your 300 and mine
    DJ - thanks for your help re the connectors. And don't be mentioning any other machines to 'consider'......the bride's gun'a slay me if another item, strategically covered in old towels, is found in the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction re post #29: closer inspection of the vintage Airco regulator/flow meter revealed a max inlet pressure....stamped on the brass boss...of 3000psi. No es beuno to integrate onto the 4500psig working pressure cylinder.

Will have to source a CGA-680 regulator/flow meter, and prob sell our vintage Airco.

Post Thanks / Like

Your name plate seems to be in great shape. Could you take some hi res pics of it and post? My name plate was worn completely smooth. Would be nick to know max amps etc.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette G View Post
    Your name plate seems to be in great shape. Could you take some hi res pics of it and post? My name plate was worn completely smooth. Would be nick to know max amps etc.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    The topic is five years old, I don't think anyone will answer you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist