Thread: Decisions on TB302

Post Thanks / Like

Decisions on TB302

I have the opportunity to purchase one of two Trailblazer 302's. One is a 2005 with 325 hours, gas engine, 100' of #1 welding cable, through an individual on Craigslist for $3,000... The other is a CeeKay rental, a 2009 with 519 hours, running gear, LP engine, one year Warranty for $3,200. Tell me which one you would recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Decisions on TB302

I wpold buy the one with the gas engine just because I am not used to lp in a application like this. Both seem have low hours. The warranty would be a plus on the one but what youd pay for the cable on the other that would go aways towards a repair bill also unless they both have leads. I would look at both check condition and weld test both.
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that with a LP machine, you could bring it inside a building and run it (anywhere you could run a LP forklift) whereas the gas engine is going to have to stay outside and away from the doors (exhaust fumes). This might mean you'd need a lot less lead with the LP machine than the gas engine.
    "The reason we are here is that we are not all there"

SA 200
    Idealarc TM 300 300
    MM 200
    MM 251

30a Spoolgun
    Precision Tig 375
    Invertec V350 Pro
    SC-32 CS 12 Wire Feeder
    Oxweld/Purox O/A
    ArcAir
    Hypertherm Powermax 85
    LN25

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy the gas machine personally having been out on a job in the middle of no where trying to find diesel fuel i can imagine it would have been much harder to find lp. That beening said if that doesn't bother you or you have a tight grid you work then the lp machines burn much cleaner and have better longievity over the reg gas machine.
    Vantage 300 kubota ,miller 304 xmt ,lincoln ln 25 pro , ranger 305 G, plenty of other tools of the trade to make the sparks fly.

Post Thanks / Like

If you will use it often, then the gas would be acceptable. If you are going to use it "ocasionally", then I would go for the LP.

Gas goes bad fast. LP does not go bad.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

LP is out for field work. I've got a buddy that had two of them and dumped them both quick. Nothing worse than being at a remote job site and running out of fuel. And according to him even in the best conditions it was a pita getting the tanks refilled. Propane is expensive and the prices goes up faster than gas does.... he had to get filled at RV places... slow process as you can't do it yourself and said he was always hunting someone to come fill it...

Fine for forklifts as you can keep a spare tank sitting around.