Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chucke2009?

Post Thanks / Like

Chucke2009?

Hey guys, As a follower of chucke2009 on you tube I was just wondering if he does reviews as a full time job? I notice he has received miller machines now where as in years past he mostly reviewed cheap Chinese welders. I like his old videos from Ohio the best because they seemed more adventurous and the reviews were real. Now the videos seem just like a advertisement for the featured companies and there inst any bad comments about the items. I still like lanse and will continue to view his videos and He seems like a great guy with lots of ambition.

just was wondering on your thought about chucke2009 now as compared to a few years ago in ohio.

I

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chucke2009?

I have not watched him much in the past year or so but when I did watch him he needed to learn to weld better. I am glade he is starting to get into some of the perks of doing the vids. I do like his passion for what he is doing . I do believe he is playing a little out of his league.

Post Thanks / Like

He will do anything to make money for sure, but he is running a welding business, I know that for sure a 100%. He is a whore tho lol. Was more appealing when he was just a kid starting out. Now it's like a big yawn for me. I do like Lanse tho, he used to make some funny farming vids when he was just a little tyke. I slowly watched the welding addiction sway his ways as he got older. He's been doing videos before it was mainstream for those that don't know.
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like

Now the videos seem just like a advertisement for the featured companies

It would be nice to know if they gave him anything in return? Put it all up front, and I would no issues with what he is saying.. quid pro quo is all what I get out of those vids..... It's like pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! (Jim Colt)
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200/ Lincoln feeders
    Thermal 95s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he won't care one bit what you all think of him....
    Just a couple welders, big hammers, grinders, and torches.
    Work will free you.
    Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
    Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Post Thanks / Like

I know as an old fart, I admire the guy for starting up as a young man with ambition and a love for welding. He was a big help for me just a few years ago, I was completely clueless starting out, and he didn't make feel it was hopeless and he is so upbeat, gotta love him. And i'm partially clueless now. Haven't watched the new ones, but I will now.
    Thermal Arc 210 - Tweco 211I - Cutmaster 52

Post Thanks / Like

You got to take these youtube reviews with a grain of salt. Most of these youtubers that have a following get the units for free and usually say as much. I don't know if they get a bonus for positive reviews or just give biased reviews on the assumption that they will get more free stuff for positive reviews. Anybody that is a professional will not be using chinese welders to pay the bills unless they are desperate... or they live in china. Youtube is the new frontier for advertisement and businesses are taking full advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxpapa View Post
    I know as an old fart, I admire the guy for starting up as a young man with ambition and a love for welding. He was a big help for me just a few years ago, I was completely clueless starting out, and he didn't make feel it was hopeless and he is so upbeat, gotta love him. And i'm partially clueless now. Haven't watched the new ones, but I will now.
    I guess Lanse has a different effect on old farts because I feel somewhat same as mxpapa. His antics has given me some real laughs during his "growing up". I admire him simply because I have watched him since he was struggling to finish high school,learn mechanics and teach himself to weld. If nothing else you must give him credit for venturing into unexplored territory with nothing but determination and intense hunger for knowledge. I don't understand the sour grapes over the possibility manufactures give and/or discount equipment for him. Do you actually expect him to go buy all the different machines he reviews? I believe he's honest, sincere,and just goofy enough to be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Chucke2009?

The manufacturers absolutely give him machines, gear, tools, etc, and he says so, he pretty clearly says what stuff was given to him, and what stuff he buys on his own. That's exactly how it should work and all I can say is, he's smarter than all of us, he's figured out how to get to work with all kinds of different machines and tools with little or no cost in his part compared to anyone else. I wish I would have thought of that.

I think the draw to him is that he's not a polished professional and he doesn't claim to be, he does the jobs the same way most people would in their garages or driveways. He makes mistakes at times, just like the average Joe working on weekend projects. But he has no problem showing them and that's another big part of the draw for the vast majority of people out there using welders.

You have to look at it from a different point of view, most of us on here are professional welders and fabricators with years of experience in the field, that's not the type of people who are learning a whole lot from his videos, and that's definitely not the audience that he's playing too. For every professional welder out there, there are 20 guys with a welder in their garage who are working on weekend projects and trying to figure it out as they go, and for those people, he's the perfect guy to look to.

I have no problem with him getting products for free, in fact, I commend him for it and will continue to watch his videos. He's found what he loves, and has figured out a much better way to do than most of us!!

Post Thanks / Like

nick121, he comes on welding web sometimes. maybe he'll show up here

Post Thanks / Like

He almost never says what is free but does say when he bought something outright . He never even used other competing machines in the class but this is best? WTF Jack? Self proclaimed expert. This is best because I got it for free and was it has to be best..(If I know what's good for my pocket..)

Put it at the beginning of the infomercial, and there would be way less stink around his vids.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal 95s
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

Lance could care less what most people think about him. Free equipment of all types to keep, try and get paid for, just by doing a few minutes of videos a week. Why spend 10s of thousands on a actor when you can get chucke2009 to do it for a hole lot less and Lance is kicking up his heels all the way to the bank. Good for him, I for one should have though of this years ago.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoy some of his older videos.

But I usually watch with the sound OFF.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

And the haters come out of the woodwork.
    Give the kid some credit, he's doing good in the land of opportunity.
    I look at him with admiration, not envy.
    It's been fun watching him grow up.
    A bit of advice for the haters, you don't have to watch him.
    Last edited by In Utopia; 02-13-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldermike View Post
    He will do anything to make money for sure, but he is running a welding business, I know that for sure a 100%.
    Maybe this is him?
    http://www.austinreliablewelding.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently watched a few of his new videos, I cant say they meant as much to me as the old ones did but hey hes got a good thing going for himself. He just put a review of the miller 211 and there was a few negatives about it so at least everything inst sugar coated.

For welding videos I will stick to welding tips and tricks, Jody is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the reviews are decent. That v8 tractor build was very entertaining, due to the hackery of the whole affair( which could have been avoided, by listening to a few simple suggestions). Sometimes you have to watch to see what comes next. I certainly wouldn't use the videos for any professional methods or advice.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not hard to figure out that when he says, "This _______ machine sent over to us by our good friends at _______", it means that they sent him that machine. I have absolutely no problem with that and if I was smart enough to figure it out years ago, I would be doing the exact same thing.

I do watch Jody's videos as well, and he more of the polished professional that Lanse is not, his tips are more geared towards guys with experience and who are doing it for a living every day, like most of us on here. But you would be a fool to think he's not making money and being given products/machines just like Lanse is.

They each have a different audience, and play to their audience very well, that's why they are so successful at what they do. The company's that sponsor them realize this and that's why you see the types of products that you do in each of their videos, Chinese machines, grinding wheels, jackets etc for Lanse, and test stands, bend fixtures, and more professional equipment for Jody. At the end of the day, they are both very smart to have figured out what none of us have, they do their jobs very well, and I will continue to watch both channels!

Post Thanks / Like

Something very odd about a grown man using the word "Hater"
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by In Utopia View Post
    And the haters come out of the woodwork.
    Give the kid some credit, he's doing good in the land of opportunity.
    I look at him with admiration, not envy.
    It's been fun watching him grow up.
    A bit of advice for the haters, you don't have to watch him.
    Here is some for you.. Wake the F##K UP!

It's not hating if you see someone put out bias info, and call them on being paid for it. It's calling a spade a spade. It's what's wrong with this country on about every level. Same as any political hack. Little truth goes a long way..
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal 95s
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's not hard to figure out that when he says, "This _______ machine sent over to us by our good friends at _______", it means that they sent him that machine.
    So does he get to keep all the $$$$stuff or is it a loaner for the video? Some of it is expensive (at least in my perception) and would be pretty significant compensation for doing a short video.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    Of course that's him.
    Just a couple welders, big hammers, grinders, and torches.
    Work will free you.
    Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
    Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    So does he get to keep all the $$$$stuff or is it a loaner for the video? Some of it is expensive (at least in my perception) and would be pretty significant compensation for doing a short video.

No idea, that would depend on the deal he works with that specific company. It could be that he gets paid to do a review on it and sends it back when he's done, it could be that he gets to keep the product as compensation, or it could be both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Here is some for you.. Wake the F##K UP!

It's not hating if you see someone put out bias info, and call them on being paid for it. It's calling a spade a spade. It's what's wrong with this country on about every level. Same as any political hack. Little truth goes a long way..
    Excuse me for using a word that's not acceptable to you. Sometimes words from us old farts just jump out.
    I guess I used it because my thoughts were a carryover from his Facebook page where people really came down on him for his efforts.
    Last edited by In Utopia; 02-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

In the interest of full disclosure, since that's what we're talking about... I spent about 6 years racing for a living and sponsorships are what paid my bills for the majority of that time. Now running a welding business, I wish I would have gone after welder and welding equipment sponsorships back then, but I wasn't looking that far forward.

I along with all my fellow racers, were paid either with product, or with money and usually both to promote their business. I was sponsored by many different companies over the years, some who's products I liked and some who's products I refused to use, but I paid the bills and got to continue to keep my racing career going. I had an energy drink sponsor who's drink I didn't like, an oil brand who's oil I refused to put in my engines, an audio equipment company who's stuff I gave away because I didn't want and I tire manufacture who's tires never saw any of my personal vehicles. There were of course many other smaller ones over the years and many event specific sponsors that most times, I had no interest in, but I did what I was paid to do and kept food on my table.

You can be sure that every industry that has sponsors, works the exact same way. It is worse with some than others, but you can be sure that any racing, sports, public events ect, are being compensated by their sponsors. Just look around next time you are watching any of those types of things, if you see a businesses name somewhere, they paid to have it their in one way or another.

For a lot of people, YouTube is a business just the same, and they have figured out how to use it to their advantage and good for them for doing so. Like I said, it is worse with some industries than others. But watching Lanse's videos, I can say that he is much more up front and honest about who has given them to him and how much he really likes them than I was when I was getting sponsorships. He's a good at this whole video thing and it is paying off for him. Just look at this shot from his newest video, do you think it's any accident that the Avani is turned 45 degree so you can see the name on the side just like the Miller, or that all the posters on the wall fit just right in the frame with him standing in in??? Like I said, he's good at this. He even says very clearly at the end of the video that the sponsor of the day is Welding Supplies from IOC and that you can buy the machine reviewed in the video from them for whatever prove it was that he said. That's usually a pretty good sign that IOC sent the machine him to review, promote, and then tell the audience where they can buy it. And as far as his biggest negative, the ground clamp, what percentage of people that buy this machine from IOC are now going to add a ground clamp to their order??

He's extremely open about where he's getting products from compared to just about any other sponsored industry, and good for him for being that way. I was not nearly as open, I promoted that business that was paying me to do so, and I did so weather I liked their product or not. I even went as far as to have the oil company send me empty jugs so that I could fill them with another oil that I bought and when at the track, all anyone would see me pouring in my engine was the oil I had promoted on the side of my truck.