Thread: Boilermaker video

Post Thanks / Like

Boilermaker video

Hey,

I put this video together last year. It portrays some of my best photos and video Ive taken in my career as a boilermaker and encompasses the nature of the boilermaker field. I had quite a response from it and hope you enjoy!

-Rootweave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boilermaker video

hats off for someone taking some real photos of real work. hard to come by in an age of cell phone cameras. Ive always felt labor needs to be documented more. Ive looked through the fantastic old photos down at my hall and its made me feel inspired. Keep shooting. keep working

Post Thanks / Like

I'm out of 154 too. I'm sure i was on a few of those jobs. You still working out of this local?
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

Just a day in the life of. Great video, keep it up and stay safe!
    "The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the State, because he derives special advantages from the mere existence of government." Teddy Roosevelt

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers # 60

America is a Union.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed that!

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the vid too! Man, that guy cutting that shackle or whatever it was... i would have $h!7 myself having that much tension on something and having to cut it out like that! At least the first time i would.

I really wanna get into this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Phenomenal photos!

Post Thanks / Like

Someone takes some pretty mean pics. Very nice!!
    [Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Nolalu (near Thunder Bay) Ontario, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked your video. Made me yearn to get back to work (am semi-retired)
    Gordie -- "I believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Post Thanks / Like

Well Done! Great Video - On The Job'.
    Rick V

1 Airco Heliwelder 3A/DDR
    3 CTC 70/90 amp Stick/Tig Inverters in Parallel
    1 Lincoln MIG PAK 15
    1 Oxy-Acet

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh I LOVED THIS !!!!! Makes me miss the road sometimes...Good Stuff my brotha

Post Thanks / Like

If the welding thing doesn't work out you certainly have a future in photography. Great pictures! Good composition or cropping. Very nice work. Thanks for posting these.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Great vid.

I have to give it to you guys, it's some nasty work. I went on an interview for a power company not to long ago, they burned garbage so it was boiler work basically, I figured it would have been easy, then we walked the plant.. something about being 6 stories in the air sitting in rigging didn't sit well with this guy since I'm deathly afraid of heights.. I was beating myself up over that for a good 6 months, because it was such a great job. Stay safe and keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak87 View Post
    Great vid.

I have to give it to you guys, it's some nasty work. I went on an interview for a power company not to long ago, they burned garbage so it was boiler work basically, I figured it would have been easy, then we walked the plant.. something about being 6 stories in the air sitting in rigging didn't sit well with this guy since I'm deathly afraid of heights.. I was beating myself up over that for a good 6 months, because it was such a great job. Stay safe and keep up the good work.

ha, i remember the first time i went up in the spider climber. I couldn't see anything but my work area and the bottom of the combuster a couple hundred feet at the bottom, it was a eery feeling.

Heights take a while to get use to. We were removing super heat elements at the top of the boiler for a header replacement and we had walk a 12in wide scaffold plank with no hand rails, we had harnesses on, but its still a weird feeling to be walking on something that small that high.
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claymans13 View Post
    ha, i remember the first time i went up in the spider climber. I couldn't see anything but my work area and the bottom of the combuster a couple hundred feet at the bottom, it was a eery feeling.

Heights take a while to get use to. We were removing super heat elements at the top of the boiler for a header replacement and we had walk a 12in wide scaffold plank with no hand rails, we had harnesses on, but its still a weird feeling to be walking on something that small that high.
    Hell no. lol! I don't know when it happened, but I hate that it did, but I used to NEVER be afraid.. I would climb to the top of a 100ft pine tree with out issue.. then one day I'm on the roof cleaning out the gutters, and bam, started getting woozy and had to get off the roof because I was scared.. I wish there was a way to over come it with out dieing. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Kids change things a bit..haha, I know when i had my first, i wasn't exactly the first volunteer to say 'yeah, i'll go walk that steel 200 feet in the air' haha, but i still do it, its part of the job. Its like anything else, you get use to it.
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet vid. Makes me wish I took more pics of our jobs. Nicely put together...
    Lincoln Power MIG 210 MP ( boat anchor )
    Lincoln Weld-Pac 100 HD
    Hobart IronMan 230
    Cutmaster 42
    Jackson NexGen
    Sumner Ultra Clamps
    DWM120

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak87 View Post
    Great vid.

I completely agree....You guys that can dance around hundreds of feet in the air with out even thinking about it; crazzy .... you will never see me doing something like that. I can barely watch something on tv,or look at pictures (of heights) without getting light headed.

Excellent video....and thank you for sharing!!
    Lincoln pro mig 180
    Lincoln Square Wave Tig 300/wp 20/home built water cooler
    Victor, Purox, Harris, O/A welding/cutting setups
    Vintage Craftsman drill press
    Vintage Craftsman/Atlas 12"x 36'' lathe
    7''x 12'' w/c band saw
    Everlast 140 st

Post Thanks / Like

Heights + torches = fun

becoming a boilermaker was the single best career move i've ever done, i sometimes chuckle at the first jobbers with the 'deer in headlights' look on their face, but have to remember that was me not so long ago.
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250