+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Razorweld plasma cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Razorweld plasma cutter

Hey guys, does anybody have experience with the razorcut 45 by razorweld? I'm looking to buy a 45 amp plasma cutter in the near future and was pretty much dead set on the hypertherm powermax45 until my LWS told me about the razorcut 45. He said they have a torch that uses hypertherm consumables and he was really impressed by it and highly recommends it. The specs look good, but I haven't been able to find very much feedback on it. I know it's an imported machine (Jasic) and although I'd prefer the American made machine like hypertherm, it's about $1000 cheaper than the powermax45. I do like the fact that Razorweld does have a US customer service and repair facility and a 3 year warranty. I'm just a weekend warrior and I honestly think a 45amp machine will be overkill for what I typically do around my shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Razorweld plasma cutter

Right now amazon have it at 609 because its backordered. Only way to keep this price is ordering now for anyone interested. They did this 2 weeks ago and put this price only for the weekend and then raised it to 707 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

It does NOT use the Hypertherm consumables
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Jeff.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J Mauer View Post
    Welcome to the forum Jeff.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a clone of Italy S-45 torch.(Trafimet) I am guessing you could use original Italian consumables,and get decent performance out of it..

$600.00 is worth it, for what you get. (IMO)

http://www.amazon.com/Razorweld-JRWP.../dp/B00TTE3FA0
    Last edited by Brand X; 04-09-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Well we shall see how the RazorWeld 45 will cut, just ordered one from Amazon. I will test it with the consumables that come with it, then with all original Trafimet consumables from Italy.

Now all I have to do is wait for it to get here.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice machine for the price......if price was my primary driver for buying a plasma, then this is a better choice than most of the other low cost imports. Here is important comparisons in regards to performance levels when compared to a Hypertherm Powermax45:

Powermax45

Duty cycle 50% at 5,940 watts output (45 amps at 132 load volts) rated at 104 F ambient temp. Air consumption: 6 cfm@90 psi. Warranty: 3 years power supply, 1 year torch. Shielded torch allows for drag and template cutting with no stiction or double arcing....result is longer consumable life, nozzle also uses (patented) conical flow technology to increase nozzle orifice cooling and increase arc energy density...longer nozzle life, better cut edge angularity. Powermax45 is equipped with a machine interface port for easy electrical connections for mechanized cutting applications.

Razorcut 45

Duty Cycle 30% at 4,320 watts (96 load volts at 45 amps) rated at 104 F ambient temp. Air consumption 6.7 cfm @ 90 psi. 3 year warranty on power supply, 3 month on torch. Torch is a copy of another copy with exposed nozzle technology (non shielded). Cuts well with a standoff, but pierce spatter and dragging will result in nozzle double arcing to the material....and rapid orifice wear, affecting cut quality and operating cost. Buy more consumables.....they are cheap to buy, but you will use more!

So...you can see from the wattage (true cutting power) and duty cycle that the Powermax45 will have a lot more cutting power. The Powermax torch is easier (drag it) to learn and use, and the consumables (by design) will last dramatically longer....especially with a new user.

Still, if purchase price is more important that long term operating cost and performance....this unit looks like a reasonable choice compared to others in its price range! Take a look at the Powermax30XP, it is lower priced than the Powermax45, can run on 120 or 240 (adapters included) comes with a nice protective case and Hypertherm to back it up. Still a little more costly than the import....but has many of the same benefits as the Powermax45, and a decent amount of power for a dual voltage machine!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffronismo View Post
    Hey guys, does anybody have experience with the razorcut 45 by razorweld? I'm looking to buy a 45 amp plasma cutter in the near future and was pretty much dead set on the hypertherm powermax45 until my LWS told me about the razorcut 45. He said they have a torch that uses hypertherm consumables and he was really impressed by it and highly recommends it. The specs look good, but I haven't been able to find very much feedback on it. I know it's an imported machine (Jasic) and although I'd prefer the American made machine like hypertherm, it's about $1000 cheaper than the powermax45. I do like the fact that Razorweld does have a US customer service and repair facility and a 3 year warranty. I'm just a weekend warrior and I honestly think a 45amp machine will be overkill for what I typically do around my shop.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing about the original S-45 torch.. You will get really nice cuts.. and many options on consumables as to styles,and amp ranges.. The swirl ring goes in both ways and that is a nice feature too. It's not always the latest, and the greatest that will work the best for you.. Sometimes there are other things that matter just as much or more.. I have used the S-45 with all the options, and consumable life is very good if you pay attention to what you are doing.. (Like not counting the extra $1000.00 in your pocket) Plus the machine weighs about half as much.. .. So you are getting value, and that's the point, not that it's as good as a machine that cost 3 times as much..
    Last edited by Brand X; 04-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice machine, and it's an interesting first post by the OP... Probably had the desired effect.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,... I dont think we need to be reminded that a machine that cost almost 3 times the price is going to be better each time that a lower cost machine option comes into this board. I know that a Hypertherm is better already. What I cant justify is 3 times the price if I am not going to cut 1/2 inch plate everyday, or if I dont have a business at the moment that would justify such investment. Maybe in the future I will, but not right now. Now,.. with that being said, eventually this smaller and cheaper machines will keep improving. Technology keeps getting cheaper even in good components , and eventually someone, somewhere, will design a simple machine that will use quality components and will reach an acceptable (or even a high quality) level of functioning and service. It may take a few years but we never even though a few years back that we could get a plasma for 600 dollars or even by 300(Lotos). With the economy the way its going and people wanting to do some money on the side, more people will opt for an alternative that will allow them to make money on the spot , even if the machine is used 3 times. Lets put things in perspective. If a machine like this will allow me to cut up to 1/4(most projects that garage mechanics do) , and let me have a return of 2000 dollars in the first year, it already was worth it. I have some projects that will automatically will earn me more than 200 dollars on the first sale , so that covers for one third of the machine cost already. 3 jobs like this and the machine would be paid for. If I get into big business then I will definitely buy a hypertherm. Also, regarding the consumables, the reviewer on amazon says that it uses trafimet consumables so lets hope is true.

Post Thanks / Like

The more you use the plasma...the cheaper the Hypertherm is (consumable life is a huge factor, cut speed as well, and if cut quality is better less time is spent on secondary operations.) Interestingly....it is harder to cut thin materials with best quality than thick.....many forget that.

I totally agree that low cost machines are often the best choice, and in some cases the only choice for a hobbyist. I only post comparisons.....as there are many that think of plasma cutters as commodities.....that 45 amps is 45 amps and all torches are the same. That always needs clarification. If it was true...then Hypertherm would not be the largest plasma cutter manufacturer in the world......why would anyone pay more if they worked the same?

Best regards! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by QCTechInsp View Post
    Yep,... I dont think we need to be reminded that a machine that cost almost 3 times the price is going to be better each time that a lower cost machine option comes into this board. I know that a Hypertherm is better already. What I cant justify is 3 times the price if I am not going to cut 1/2 inch plate everyday, or if I dont have a business at the moment that would justify such investment. Maybe in the future I will, but not right now. Now,.. with that being said, eventually this smaller and cheaper machines will keep improving. Technology keeps getting cheaper even in good components , and eventually someone, somewhere, will design a simple machine that will use quality components and will reach an acceptable (or even a high quality) level of functioning and service. It may take a few years but we never even though a few years back that we could get a plasma for 600 dollars or even by 300(Lotos). With the economy the way its going and people wanting to do some money on the side, more people will opt for an alternative that will allow them to make money on the spot , even if the machine is used 3 times. Lets put things in perspective. If a machine like this will allow me to cut up to 1/4(most projects that garage mechanics do) , and let me have a return of 2000 dollars in the first year, it already was worth it. I have some projects that will automatically will earn me more than 200 dollars on the first sale , so that covers for one third of the machine cost already. 3 jobs like this and the machine would be paid for. If I get into big business then I will definitely buy a hypertherm. Also, regarding the consumables, the reviewer on amazon says that it uses trafimet consumables so lets hope is true.

Post Thanks / Like

The other question is do you really need a "cheap plasma" now or can you use a chop saw, OA torch or other equipment to cut what you need. I use my other cutting tools 10 to 1 over how much I use my plasma.

I'd be looking in the classifieds for a quality used machine. HT, ESAB, TD miller etc.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim! What are those same specs for the 30xp?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies and discussion. I appreciate it! I've been looking at this forum as a visitor for a while and finally decided to register and post because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

The main reason I'm interested in the Razorweld unit (other than price) is because my LWS that recommended the razorcut showed me an optional torch that was NOT the Included S-45 style. It had consumable part reference numbers that were interchangeable with hypertherm. I was told it's an insulated torch and DOES have drag cut ability.

Like I said, I'm just a hobbyist so I won't be using it all day everyday, but I don't want to buy a cheap piece of crap. I have a chop saw and band saw that I use for cutting square tubing and smaller stuff and I use my metal circular saw for plate. The plasma would just be used for cutting materials that I can't use one of the other methods with and for those weird shapes or maybe some designs down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies and discussion. I appreciate it! I've been looking at this forum as a visitor for a while and finally decided to register and post because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

The main reason I'm interested in the Razorweld unit (other than price) is because my LWS that recommended the razorcut showed me an optional torch that was NOT the Included S-45 style. It had consumable part reference numbers that were interchangeable with hypertherm. I was told it's an insulated torch and DOES have drag cut ability.

Like I said, I'm just a hobbyist so I won't be using it all day everyday, but I don't want to buy a cheap piece of crap. I have a chop saw and band saw that I use for cutting square tubing and smaller stuff and I use my metal circular saw for plate. The plasma would just be used for cutting materials that I can't use one of the other methods with and for those weird shapes or maybe some designs down the road.
    Can you provide the name and part number of that torch that you lws is offering you? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to see the torch your LWS was talking about and the consumables it uses. The only torch that I know of that you can use Hypertherm consumables in is the CB50 and its a High Frequency torch and the RazorWeld is not a HF plasma cutter.

Also the S45 has drag cut capability.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-09-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just because someone made a torch that you can screw HT consumables onto, does not mean that it will work like a HT torch on a HT machine. My guess is the only benefit is the LWS makes more money selling you HT consumables that don't last any longer than the cheap Chinese ones because the patented HT torch and machine are not behind the consumables to make it work like a real HT. I would also guess there is a high likelihood of the LWS torch violating HT patents.
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

I said a lot of the same benefits as the Powermax45: 1. shielded torch technology, 2. Conical flow technology, 3. high load voltage (125 volts). 4. Low air flow (4.5 cfm@90 psi), 5. 3 year warranty on power supply, 1 year on torch. Comes with Hypertherm after sale support...and the ability to talk directly with the factory...not an importer.

I was looking...the torch that is included with the Razorcut as advertised is a copy of a Trafimet style torch. There never was a torch from Hypertherm that had any consumables like those....so if the dealer says the torch uses Hypertherm parts it would be interesting to know more! The torch that is used on some of the Eastwood brand import plasma's is a copy of a 30 year old Hypertherm unshielded, high frequency start torch. I have not seen newer copies....mostly due to multiple patents on the torch and consumables. Do you have any pictures? Jim Colt Hypertherm

Thanks Jim! What are those same specs for the 30xp?

Post Thanks / Like

Just my two cents-there are no doubt plenty of valid other views. But, while $1000 price difference is enticing, this thread is reminding me of my 1/2" drill experiences of years gone by. Back when I was 20-something and "could not afford" a quality drill, I bought 3 drills over a period of 15 years for around $50 each as I wore them out. At 35 or so, getting frustrated at replacing drills, I bought a Milwaukee heavy duty 1/2" drill for about $100 (on sale). I'm almost 68 now. That drill has had far harder use than the previous 3 and keeps on tickin'! While there are certainly variables, seems I had the opportunity to get a quality long-lasting drill for $100, long ago, or $250 the way I did it. Feels like I made some less than stellar decisions in the long term. A couple of years ago I faced the dilemma of which plasma cutter to buy. Suffice it to say the purchase price hurt a bit but there is now a Hypertherm 45 in my shop. Way bigger numbers than the drills, and I figured I couldn't afford the cheap one. Cheap often does not equal inexpensive. Agree with the previous post-unless there is some overriding reason to buy now, use some other cutting method while you save your pennies. One man's opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronca View Post
    Just my two cents-there are no doubt plenty of valid other views. But, while $1000 price difference is enticing, this thread is reminding me of my 1/2" drill experiences of years gone by. Back when I was 20-something and "could not afford" a quality drill, I bought 3 drills over a period of 15 years for around $50 each as I wore them out. At 35 or so, getting frustrated at replacing drills, I bought a Milwaukee heavy duty 1/2" drill for about $100 (on sale). I'm almost 68 now. That drill has had far harder use than the previous 3 and keeps on tickin'! While there are certainly variables, seems I had the opportunity to get a quality long-lasting drill for $100, long ago, or $250 the way I did it. Feels like I made some less than stellar decisions in the long term. A couple of years ago I faced the dilemma of which plasma cutter to buy. Suffice it to say the purchase price hurt a bit but there is now a Hypertherm 45 in my shop. Way bigger numbers than the drills, and I figured I couldn't afford the cheap one. Cheap often does not equal inexpensive. Agree with the previous post-unless there is some overriding reason to buy now, use some other cutting method while you save your pennies. One man's opinion.
    I think most of us get the idea of buying quality whenever possible, but if I can borrow your drill anecdote... what if you really only had $50 to spend but still needed a drill? Or if you were only going to use the drill a few times a year at most? Would that change things?

This same logic is used for hobbyists looking to pick up a welder for small projects and repairs. It doesn't always make sense to buy red/blue, especially if your livelihood doesn't depend on it.

Another common recommendation is to buy a top brand used, but not everyone lives in a populated enough area for good/low risk deals to pop up on Craigslist list all that often. When they do show up around me, the sellers seem to want more than they are worth and end up re-listing them over and over.

I'm not trying to argue against this advice, just saying its not always that straightforward.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to say it one more time. The S-45 is a nice little torch. There are great deals on original Trafimet consumables. It will be cheap to run, and make excellent cuts.. It does not need Hypertherm consumables, because it uses it's own design. (Made by Trafimet ) Works really well.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    I think most of us get the idea of buying quality whenever possible, but if I can borrow your drill anecdote... what if you really only had $50 to spend but still needed a drill? Or if you were only going to use the drill a few times a year at most? Would that change things?

This same logic is used for hobbyists looking to pick up a welder for small projects and repairs. It doesn't always make sense to buy red/blue, especially if your livelihood doesn't depend on it.

Another common recommendation is to buy a top brand used, but not everyone lives in a populated enough area for good/low risk deals to pop up on Craigslist list all that often. When they do show up around me, the sellers seem to want more than they are worth and end up re-listing them over and over.

I'm not trying to argue against this advice, just saying its not always that straightforward.
    This is the question only the OP can answer for himself.
    If I needed cheap, I'd probably follow George's advice and buy the HF plasma with extended warranty. Seems to be one of the most reliable low cost plasma machines. If it breaks after the warranty you can send it to George to be repaired.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    If I needed cheap, I'd probably follow George's advice and buy the HF plasma with extended warranty.
    Yes, and George just bought a Razorweld..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did.

I think I have bought 7 different plasma cutters this year so far.

Can't see how they work or how they are made without having them here on the bench to test.

Some I keep for parts and test units others I sell after I have gottin all the pictures and did the testing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist