Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade welding table

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Homemade welding table

I had the surface on my welding table milled flat, then I drilled and tapped the underside to mount the top to the stand without welding on the table top. No welds, no warpage, surface is still flat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drujinin View Post
    Mine has 2 steel wheels on one end and legs of equal length on the other end. You pick up the end with legs up to move it. The other plus is the load of a vice goes down a steel leg not transmitted through a steel wheel.
    You know what "they" say about the value of a picture? Please post a photo of this table!

Besides me, there are probably a few lurkers still gathering ideas for THE TABLE
    Thermal Arc 185 ACDC
    Lincoln Weldpac 155

Post Thanks / Like

Moving out of state, this welding table is up for sale....$500.00. Also have some other shop tool for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

ZZWELD> another great table!!! Sorry to hear you need to sell it.
    --
    "Starting a major hydrolic log splitter project from beam to finish--pics of that to follow" Was tinkering with the idea of some day building a log splitter so looking forward to a future photo documentation of the process.
    --
    drujinin> "Mine has 2 steel wheels on one end and legs of equal length on the other end. You pick up the end with legs up to move it. The other plus is the load of a vice goes down a steel leg not transmitted through a steel wheel." I saw that table and kept meaning to ask why you didn't have wheels on all four legs but... kept forgetting to ask. Nice explanation.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

I finished that logs splitter about a week ago, been sooo busy with selling stuff and moving. Hundreds of pics to sort threw for the post, just not enough time in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard ridding one's self of "stuff" and extremely time consuming. Not to mention the stress associated with any move.... it takes a toll on us. Totally understand how there aren't enough hours in a day to get to everything during a move. Hope things go smoothly for you.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

That's why you take it with you when you move. lol.
    There are no problems. There are only solutions. It's your duty to determine the right one.

Hobart Handler 210
    Airco 225 Amp MSM Stinger