+ Reply to Thread

Thread: miller dynasty 200dx fan on demand

Post Thanks / Like

miller dynasty 200dx fan on demand

I have a 200dx with fan on demand. My old machines fan ran all the time, never got warm to the touch. Any thing wrong with adding an outside 120v panckae fan to move more air through the unit or am I worrying for nothing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: miller dynasty 200dx fan on demand

Hello gitarded, one of the reasons that Miller went with the fan on demand function had to do with moving air through the unit. They felt that a minimal amount of air movement would also prevent undo contamination of the internals from dust and debris that might be in the air from a shop environment. In other words, less chance for failures due to contaminations issues. I don't believe that you really need to worry about adding additional air flow. They have also redesigned the internal features of the machine to allow for a wind tunnel effect and located the electronics on the other side of the area that is allowed to contact outside air. One additional consideration for the fan on demand features has to do with overall electrical efficiency of the unit, lesser levels of input power are required of the machine over the longterm. Just a bit for your consideration. Best regards, Allan
    aevald

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fan on demand, keeps the machine more than cool enough, you'll melt the torch before you overheat the machine but it keeps it cleaner inside & is nice & quiet. inverters are much more efficient don't have much heat dissipation issues, my old miller 450a transformer tig starts up with a fan that's like a helicopter blade & whir's continuously the whole time it's on... when I finally kick the breaker cause I'm done it's like ahhh, quiet
    miller 330a bp TIG
    miller dynasty 200DX TIG
    millermatic 185 MIG
    thermal dynamics cutmaster 101 plasma cutter
    snap-on YA5550 plasma cutter
    hypertherm powermax 30 plasma cutter
    baileigh CS225 cold saw
    etc....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I use mine in my home shop. very clean environment. just seemed warm to me on one side. but I will take your advice and leave well enough alone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist