Thread: just bought a LTP5000D, plug help

Post Thanks / Like

just bought a LTP5000D, plug help

hi, just bought this plasma and realized it had a twist lock plug. i've read other posts here where people get the adapter pigtail but that adapts it to 110v. i have a 220v plug in my garage for my welder where i can also use this plasma so is there an adapter made for this? last resort will be to get some boxes and make my own but id rather not do all that. i believe the plug i have in the garage is a 6-50r (or whatever the hobart MVP 220 plug is)

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: just bought a LTP5000D, plug help

Cut it off and put on a 6-50P. I have one for sale
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Esab ET220i
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    Tormach 770, Tormach xstech
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

thats also an option but IF i ever need to use it with 110 id be screwed.

Post Thanks / Like

Then make w pig tial for 220 to 110
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Esab ET220i
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    Tormach 770, Tormach xstech
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Did your MVP come with a adapter to convert 6-50p to 110v? If so then change your Lotos to 6-50p and use the adapter from the Hobart when you need to use 110 volt. If not then you can either make your own adapter for converting 6-50p to a 110 plug, or you can make an adapter to convert from whatever is already on your plasma to 6-50p.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superwelder View Post
    hi, just bought this plasma and realized it had a twist lock plug. i've read other posts here where people get the adapter pigtail but that adapts it to 110v. i have a 220v plug in my garage for my welder where i can also use this plasma so is there an adapter made for this? last resort will be to get some boxes and make my own but id rather not do all that. i believe the plug i have in the garage is a 6-50r (or whatever the hobart MVP 220 plug is)

thank you
    Get a 6-50p, a length of SO cord and the female twist lock that corresponds with what's on the machine. I've got all kinds of adapters made this way for plugging into spider boxes and engine drives. I even have one made up for tapping into breaker panels directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Gemme a min and I will locate a pic that shows that exact same plasma cutter in a junk pile in my buddies shop.

Damnit it just ain't fair you guys pay for such crap....Really, it ain't.....

Sounds like a Lotos cutter and my friends that bought same

Total junk

Post Thanks / Like

Fark looking for the picture. Friend, you own a Lotus plamsa cutter...And yeah, it is junk.

So OK, you're down 400-500 bucks but don't blame me.

Add one K more and you will buy a Hypertherm-yeah 1500 bucks to start with a mini Hypertherm.

I own two of them Hypetherm beasts.

But guys here will swear about buying TD, so buy a TD.....LOL, TD they say is made by Victor so buy one....or buy an Everlast or a Longeivity...or whatever.....Then buy the Hypetherm last.......REALLY, I INSIST you buy Hypertherm last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutoldwelder View Post

I own two of them Hypetherm beasts.

But guys here will swear about buying TD, so buy a TD.....LOL, TD they say is made by Victor so buy one....or buy an Everlast or a Longeivity...or whatever.....Then buy the Hypetherm last.......REALLY, I INSIST you buy Hypertherm last.
    First off you own smaller ones, and they are about the same as the others. Not really sure if you have any direct experience with other brands, or just maybe it's what you heard on the net?
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Gamble. I would put a 6-50P end on the machine. That way you won't have to bother with an adapter when you use 240V since you already have the receptacle in your garage. Then simply make a 120V adapter that works with the 6-50P.

Just my opinion, but it's easier if all my machines have the same plug. Then, even if you need to make an adapter later for other receptacles (like for use with a generator or a in a buddy's garage that has a different plug), you only have to buy/make one and it can be used with both your machines.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the late reply. i just ended up changing the plug. i realized that if i ever need to travel with it i would also need to take my compressor and have to most likely have 120v. i don't really see myself using it anywhere other than my garage.
    thanks for all your help