+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy welding projects to sell any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like

Easy welding projects to sell any ideas??

I am interested in a few little projects to supplement my other job, they must be able to be done with a stick welder and be fairly cheap for the steel. I have experience with making yard art from scrap metal so I'm not above scrap metal projects at all. Thanks y'all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easy welding projects to sell any ideas??

Horseshoes can often be gotten free from farriers if you don't mind cleaning them. Spikes just walk the railroad (technically illegal, "I'm not stealing I'm cleaning up the environment")

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here's sumthin.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Sumthin a little bigger, probably sell well this time of year. Sum might need to be custom made, depending on where it needs to be put, like over a certain size walkway.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the horseshoe stuff, checkout the post here, http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...hoe-art-Sticky

Depending on the project, sometimes I prefer NEW horseshoes.

Post Thanks / Like

How bout sumthin to make yard maintenance faster, easier and inexpensive. A Red Neck Riding Mower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    How bout sumthin to make yard maintenance faster, easier and inexpensive. A Red Neck Riding Mower.
    I have one of those mowers laying around the shop I'm tired of kicking it lol. Now I know what to do thank you!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHW&F View Post
    I have one of those mowers laying around the shop I'm tired of kicking it lol. Now I know what to do thank you!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    If I remember right from being a kid grass is not an easy thing to pedal through. Much less while trying to push a mower....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago A friend collected 3/4 inch water pipe that had been used on poultry ranges.Some had freeze splits.He welded up a tripod and had a shop make rings and a name plate .3 chains were hung from the tripod and welded to the ring.A clay flower pot with a geranium in it fit into the ring.The owner could put his name on the plate.Wilton would make up A pick up load of tripods and I would drive him to stores where he sold them.Wilton didnt have a drivers license because of oui .We used his brothers pick up.I got paid by the hour for driving the truck.A soon as Wilton sold one he would start drinking.I ended up handling the sales while Wilton slept.You could usually sell one to home owners that were out mowing the lawn.Women always bought one along with a flower pot with a geranium in it.The 50s were happy days for me.You would need a ring roller to make the rings.The ring was left open so it could be adjusted to clay or plastic flower pots.The name plates on Wiltons were sawtooth cut but you could use straight cut ends on 1/8 stock..Tripods were painted flat black.Wilton had a Lincoln SA200 he welded with but a crabby neighbor complained the welding interfered with her TV.Zoning issues shut down Wiltons welding at home so he welded at his brothers farm .I may build Wilton Tripods here if I can get a ring roller.No Stinking zoning here so I can run my sawmill, build picnic tables or weld.I do think the tripods would sell very well any where.A small barbeque grill could be welded for sale.Our state parks have a nice welded grill that could be copied.I have the bottom piece for my grill,will have to finish it one of these days.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist