+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: back pain thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: back pain thread

Good luck👍 ✨ .

You will need more luck with VA and insurance companies.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    OOhtay gang I have thrown in the towel. Have one more hoop for insurance an VA told the doctor I’m ready for surgery

Post Thanks / Like

OOhtay gang I have thrown in the towel. Have one more hoop for insurance an VA told the doctor I’m ready for surgery
    shoot.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

After reading everyone else's problems my aching back still hurts but at least I know I'm not the only old fugger suffering.

And at least I know that others understand.

Post Thanks / Like

I will pray your obgyn does a good job on your back. 😆 🤣 😂. it is the VA.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

My back and shoulders have been really aching lately. My back is OK laying in bed in the morning but my shoulders are really aching bad. My back starts aching bad if I'm doing anything involving standing up and even the slightest bending like using a drill press. I think I got some extremely good news though. The recorded message regarding my disability claim says it's been processed and I'm eligible for approx. $20,700! What I don't know is if that's how much back pay is owning or the total amount I can receive. I don't know how they can tell if I'll need disability till I'm 65 or if maybe in 2 or 3 years I might be able to go back to some kind of job. If I'm owed $20K I can pay off my mortgage and have a little left over. Maybe it goes back to when I was first diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma last April? That would be great.
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 08-02-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes on everything Dave, hopefully it's in your favor!
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I have an update. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything or I would have shot it out my nose all over the keyboard and computer screen. The Gov't. deposited almost $20,750.00 into my account on Aug. 1. It must be back pay from when I 1st applied for disability. It doesn't really make sense that I would just get a lump sum payment. I'll have to see if I'll be getting regular monthly payments now but holy crap! The cancer is full remission, I got the backhoe swing pivot repaired, finally got the disability and now I'm going to have a heart attack. Not very often the Gov't. gives you $20K+ in one shot. Wow!
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 08-03-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome Dave, I hope the monthly payments come forth for you.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

9. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I applied for disability I in four months. The doctors told I no longer could work. A week later they found the problem it was cancer.

Good luck.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I have an update. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything or I would have shot it out my nose all over the keyboard and computer screen. The Gov't. deposited almost $20,750.00 into my account on Aug. 1. It must be back pay from when I 1st applied for disability. It doesn't really make sense that I would just get a lump sum payment. I'll have to see if I'll be getting regular monthly payments now but holy crap! The cancer is full remission, I got the backhoe swing pivot repaired, finally got the disability and now I'm going to have a heart attack. Not very often the Gov't. gives you $20K+ in one shot. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

My back is killing me right now. It gets better when I go to bed but lately my shoulders have been really aching when I wake up. It's so bad I can't really get back to sleep. They get better when I'm up. I can't win as far as the aches and pains go.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    My back is killing me right now. It gets better when I go to bed but lately my shoulders have been really aching when I wake up. It's so bad I can't really get back to sleep. They get better when I'm up. I can't win as far as the aches and pains go.

Post Thanks / Like

My back has really been hurting for the last month or so,I saw my pain management doctor on Monday the first, he gave me a shot of (toradol?), that helped some, he wants me to see the surgeon again. The shot helped until last night, I was opening a bottle of Worcestershire sauce(washyoursister sauce) & felt something kind of crack or pop in the left side above the SI joint area, close to the spine, nearly dropped me & turned the pain on to high gear. It's a pain in the A$$ to see the surgeon, I'll have to reopen my case again & I'm not sure I could handle the surgery. My XRAYS from 3 years ago revealed that my hardware & pedicle screws were bent and one rod broken. The surgeon said there was only one way for that to happen, a non-fusion, and in the next breath said that he was 100% certain that it was all fused & stable, who the hell knows, I just know that I don't want another surgery.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here.
    Did give shot to take home to give to yourself or just doctor to give in office?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    My back has really been hurting for the last month or so,I saw my pain management doctor on Monday the first, he gave me a shot of (toradol?), that helped some, he wants me to see the surgeon again. The shot helped until last night, I was opening a bottle of Worcestershire sauce(washyoursister sauce) & felt something kind of crack or pop in the left side above the SI joint area, close to the spine, nearly dropped me & turned the pain on to high gear. It's a pain in the A$$ to see the surgeon, I'll have to reopen my case again & I'm not sure I could handle the surgery. My XRAYS from 3 years ago revealed that my hardware & pedicle screws were bent and one rod broken. The surgeon said there was only one way for that to happen, a non-fusion, and in the next breath said that he was 100% certain that it was all fused & stable, who the hell knows, I just know that I don't want another surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Sorry to here.
    Did give shot to take home to give to yourself or just doctor to give in office?

Dave
    Doctor gave it in the office, it was helping until opening the bottle.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I would request for home use. 🏡.

Or just do not open bottles 🙄.

I hope you feeling better
    Dave

Doctor gave it in the office, it was helping until opening the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the workmen's comp insurance wouldn't approve that.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

It save money for workmen's comp insurance. No doctor to charge a fee to harpoon you.

My insurance pays for home white blood shot every month.

Dave

I'm sure the workmen's comp insurance wouldn't approve that.

Post Thanks / Like

It save money for workmen's comp insurance. No doctor to charge a fee to harpoon you.

My insurance pays for home white blood shot every month.

Dave
    My settlement pays for oxycodone 10mg twice a day, Tramadol 50 mg twice a day, and Gabapentin 400 mg four times a day, pain management doctor visit every three months, anything else would require a settlement modification.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

That is to bad
    Gabapentin you may need a walker taking that one.
    In California you can not drive taking oxycodone.

Tramadol does not very well but can drive in California taking Tramadol.

They gave me 7.5 hydrocodone about 4 times a day. It worked after a day of taking hydrocodone. Still have a bottle just incase it is two week supply.

Dave

My settlement pays for oxycodone 10mg twice a day, Tramadol 50 mg twice a day, and Gabapentin 400 mg four times a day, pain management doctor visit every three months, anything else would require a settlement modification.
    Last edited by smithdoor; 08-09-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

NWews flash malaria can effect you again after 50 years dr said it’s probably Covid then said the tests are negative took a look at my records then tested fo4 everything including spotted fever said it was malaria said he has never seen a case of malaria young people fresh outa school
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

That is to bad
    Gabapentin you may need a walker taking that one.
    In California you can not drive taking oxycodone.

Tramadol does not very well but can drive in California taking Tramadol.

They gave me 7.5 hydrocodone about 4 times a day. It worked after a day of taking hydrocodone. Still have a bottle just incase it is two week supply.

Dave

the va gives me @ 30 days supply on most stuff my wife keeps up with it cause I won’t tak it
    Last edited by NotaVegetarian; 08-11-2022 at 04:57 PM.
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

What makes this so bad my great grandsons are visiting.
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like me.

Dave

the va gives me @ 30 days supply on most stuff my wife keeps up with it cause I won’t tak it

Post Thanks / Like

All opiates are regulated by the FEDS, 30 day supply, no refills, if yo[U]'re under a pain management contract the doctor can write 2 prescriptions, the third fill for me requires a call to request a new script to be sent to the pharmacy. A few years ago the scripts were printed on hardcopy & you had to hand deliver them, they eased the rules a little and now allow electronic transmission.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

From my doctor
    If for cancer they give a lot 30+ days
    Back pain max of 7 days.
    Chemo drugs 30 days and a prescriptions for 6 refiles.
    White blood cell prescriptions for 12 refiles.

FYI I have Cat Scans and MRI that show a back injuries too.

Dave

All opiates are regulated by the FEDS, 30 day supply, no refills, if yo[U]'re under a pain management contract the doctor can write 2 prescriptions, the third fill for me requires a call to request a new script to be sent to the pharmacy. A few years ago the scripts were printed on hardcopy & you had to hand deliver them, they eased the rules a little and now allow electronic transmission.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist