Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 202

Thread: back pain thread

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Your avatar you looks like 60.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    how did the surgery go, I’ve appointments with my cardiologist for tests. Before they can schedule surgery. I’m 72 so it kinda bothers me for more surgeries. How did your surgery go, did get relief any issues that linger?

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    About one year

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Anyone with experience with a nerve block. How long will this last? Know that varies from person to person. The major pain is under control but it feels like pressure on the area. Have been walking a bit more.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Your avatar you looks like 60.

    Dave

    Good genetics, a sharp pencil, an a very good cartoonist
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  4. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  5. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Anyone with experience with a nerve block. How long will this last? Know that varies from person to person. The major pain is under control but it feels like pressure on the area. Have been walking a bit more.
    Also a 1950 baby,,, the most important purpose of a nerve block is to give you time to re-learn life.
    If you use the pain relief to just be able to go back to your old life,, the nerve block is a waste.

    I had a spinal nerve block, live x-ray assisted,, and walked out feeling great,,
    BUT, I changed my attitude about lifting,, reduced ladder climbing, fewer hours on the tractor,, and changed my diet.

    So, my nerve block has lasted about 4 years,, and counting,,

  6. Likes NotaVegetarian, farmall liked this post
  7. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Friday I had white blood shot.
    Now my chemo is delayed for two weeks.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Good genetics, a sharp pencil, an a very good cartoonist

  8. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Friday I had white blood shot.
    Now my chemo is delayed for two weeks.

    Dave
    y’all are in our prayers
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  9. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Thank you 😊

    At Kaiser they have a big sign saying " 48% for all stages colon cancer is still here after 5 years"

    Mind started in 2009 and it was stage 4 still here.

    I was working outside in the yard today and was only 90°F

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    y’all are in our prayers

  10. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
  11. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Keep moving. Some days are better than others, today is one it’s storming here so I don’t think my arthritis
    likes me
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  12. Likes farmall liked this post
  13. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Sorry to here.

    My store my doctors test me for everything good news I did not have any problems.
    The did find a lot of back injuries lost count. My chances of getting colon cancer 0.5% or less.
    Found out CAT scans, MRI , Xrays an
    blood tests may not show colon cancer. Biopsy and PET scan does which after years of testing. It last two that found the cancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Keep moving. Some days are better than others, today is one it’s storming here so I don’t think my arthritis
    likes me

  14. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    My wife had colectomy several years ago because of cancerous lesions. Completely removed her colon rebuilt everything from her small intestine. She is very healthy now. They performed the procedure at UAB hospital. Very great full.
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  15. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  16. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Sorry to here
    I am glad she healthy and is in good shape now.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    My wife had colectomy several years ago because of cancerous lesions. Completely removed her colon rebuilt everything from her small intestine. She is very healthy now. They performed the procedure at UAB hospital. Very great full.

  17. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
  18. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Ok had the nerve block a few weeks back, I’m about ready to throw in the towel. I can stand about 15 minutes, and take way too many pain meds. Played with the grandkids this weekend and I’m done. See the neurosurgeon next week.
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  19. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Sorry to hear
    I hope gets better.
    What type of pain pills are you taking?

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Ok had the nerve block a few weeks back, I’m about ready to throw in the towel. I can stand about 15 minutes, and take way too many pain meds. Played with the grandkids this weekend and I’m done. See the neurosurgeon next week.

  20. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Sorry to hear
    I hope gets better.
    What type of pain pills are you taking?

    Dave
    7.5-325 hydrocodone 2 every 4-6 hours. Do have some morphine patches I can apply, but these think clog the plumbing and make me sick. This is not fun, don’t drink but sometimes wish I did. Don’t drive taking this mess. My four hour project has taken weeks. Yesterday couldn’t hardly walk to the shop about 50’, turned around went back in the house. My wife tells to go ahead so you can walk, play with grandkids. The cardiologist has cleared me, it’s me. Got to make up my mind, think I have.
    Last edited by NotaVegetarian; 5 Days Ago at 11:39 AM. Reason: Add an spelling
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  21. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    15 grams of hydrocodone every time fours is a lot.

    With both morphine and hydrocodone will give you really bad constipation. It makes come out like sharp granite too.

    In the body the hydrocodone turns into morphine.

    FYI morphine is great way to stop diarrhea too.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    7.5-325 hydrocodone 2 every 4-6 hours. Do have some morphine patches I can apply, but these think clog the plumbing and make me sick. This is not fun, don’t drink but sometimes wish I did. Don’t drive taking this mess. My four hour project has taken weeks. Yesterday couldn’t hardly walk to the shop about 50’, turned around went back in the house. My wife tells to go ahead so you can walk, play with grandkids. The cardiologist has cleared me, it’s me. Got to make up my mind, think I have.

  22. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
  23. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Metamucil twice a day helps. Well most of the time
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  24. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    I hope you better soon.

    You could be like me I forget to take the pain pills 💊.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Metamucil twice a day helps. Well most of the time

  25. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    7.5-325 hydrocodone 2 every 4-6 hours. Do have some morphine patches I can apply, but these think clog the plumbing and make me sick. This is not fun, don’t drink but sometimes wish I did. Don’t drive taking this mess. My four hour project has taken weeks. Yesterday couldn’t hardly walk to the shop about 50’, turned around went back in the house. My wife tells to go ahead so you can walk, play with grandkids. The cardiologist has cleared me, it’s me. Got to make up my mind, think I have.
    Hard to imagine 2) 7.5mg codone would do anything at all. I was taking 2) 5mg codone when cleaning the burn.........and it barely took the edge off. I mean BARELY.

  26. Likes whtbaron, N2 Welding liked this post
  27. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    I agree thd set only take the edge off.

    I found takes about three sets pills and 19 hours from first pill 💊 to get real relief.

    If live California do not for at less 6 hours or they take you in.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    Hard to imagine 2) 7.5mg codone would do anything at all. I was taking 2) 5mg codone when cleaning the burn.........and it barely took the edge off. I mean BARELY.

  28. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    my wife tells me need to keep it in my system and stay ahead of the pain. So take the meds on time. Don’t drink so I don’t like this feeling and on top of muscle relaxers too. Remember I’m about deaf so I look like a drunk walking
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  29. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    8,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Pain medication should only be used as a temporary thing and limit physical activities as to not further the injuries while the pain killers are working. Other thing with taking pain pills is the effects they can have on your organs “ stomach, eyes, kidneys, liver, heart etc”. They should not be taken for very long extended periods of time and having a very good diet while on the pain medication can help to midigate some of the effects pills can have on your stomach etc. pain sucks. If you can go without surgery that is best. But if you can’t find the best surgeon with the best track record of successful outcomes. A bad surgery can leave you in pain for the rest of your life just as much as a bad injury that never heals properly.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

  30. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Medical Marijuana? Beats the heck out of having to take pain killers. If it's available in your state, I think it's definitely worth a shot.

    Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk

  31. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
  32. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    At less you look happy walking.
    She is right stay ahead of the pain of you do what I done forget to pill 💊 then be in pain for next 18 hours.
    It is a bummer 😕

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    my wife tells me need to keep it in my system and stay ahead of the pain. So take the meds on time. Don’t drink so I don’t like this feeling and on top of muscle relaxers too. Remember I’m about deaf so I look like a drunk walking

  33. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    Just remember what Alvis die from Constipation from morphine.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    7.5-325 hydrocodone 2 every 4-6 hours. Do have some morphine patches I can apply, but these think clog the plumbing and make me sick. This is not fun, don’t drink but sometimes wish I did. Don’t drive taking this mess. My four hour project has taken weeks. Yesterday couldn’t hardly walk to the shop about 50’, turned around went back in the house. My wife tells to go ahead so you can walk, play with grandkids. The cardiologist has cleared me, it’s me. Got to make up my mind, think I have.

  34. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
  35. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Sugarland, GA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: back pain thread

    The neurosurgeon has got me on new meds to try. About 5 different things, some for the nerve pain, the muscle relaxer is gonna take getting used too. Not as fuzzy headed, but my hands shake a bit. The VA has me cleared which was a surprise they usually want to argue.
    Retired Old Guy

    Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

  36. Likes Lis2323 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,656,484,251.78211 seconds with 14 queries