+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: back pain thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: back pain thread

Gabapentin is for nerve pain. Seroquel is for the side effects of the chemo meds and also helps you sleep. No bad side effects from the reduced chemo meds which is great. This is the 2nd weekend I've drove out to my MX track. My truck seems pretty comfortable for my back and rides smooth. I just have to be aware not to stay on my feet too long as it causes the nagging pain in my back. It's a little odd because where my back aches is more out towards my sides and not the middle of my back where there are still some fractures. It's nice to be a little more independent and able to drive myself around. I can putz around on the quad at my track so I don't have to walk so much. I actually ran the skid steer for a bit on Sat. loading some dirt into the dump truck. I took it pretty easy and tried not get bumped and banged around much. The friend helping me has never loaded a truck where you're kind of blind to see the bucket when it's lifted all the way up. He was moving the dirt today working on a pee wee track for young beginner riders. He also put the new water pump in my track loader in record time so it's ready to dig some more dirt. I don't think you could find a better friend!!! He is doing so much to help I could never repay him for everything. I'm hoping he wants to buy the land when I decide to sell. I'd basically sell him the land and throw in all the equipment. Would be so much easier this way. No messing around advertising or dealing with tire kickers. He buys the land and I can go out and help him when I'm able for something to do. Maybe consider making a few bucks selling the Red Face SA200 but I could give him some welding lessons so he could use it. You never know when something is going to break and needs some welding. It's so handy having a welder right there when you need it.
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 06-27-2021 at 10:05 PM.

2. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a back surgery 3 years ago they are lining me for the next one. I’m 6’4” 280 lbs swallow hydrocodone like tic-tacs tramadol 4 times a day. That oxy stuff does not help me at all. I was doing good until I fell on the concrete. Blew the disc at L5&S1. Can’t sit long, stand long, sleep a little at a time. Back pain sucks

4. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The last surgery fused L2 thru L5 together with extra hardware, X-rays look like I swallowed an erector set. Best quarter mill I ever spent. Was doing great until I fell

Post Thanks / Like

Cancer loves hydrocodone or anything in the morphine type drugs.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Had a back surgery 3 years ago they are lining me for the next one. I’m 6’4” 280 lbs swallow hydrocodone like tic-tacs tramadol 4 times a day. That oxy stuff does not help me at all. I was doing good until I fell on the concrete. Blew the disc at L5&S1. Can’t sit long, stand long, sleep a little at a time. Back pain sucks

7. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Cancer loves hydrocodone or anything in the morphine type drugs.

Dave

Prayers for you. Cancer sucks

Post Thanks / Like

I have had stage 4 colon cancer since 2009.
    FYI All stages 0-4 has a 5 years of being here of 48% number 3 killer in the USA per Kaiser Permanente.
    Stage 4 is 8.6% being here after 3 years per American Cancer.

It is what you eat and drink , never give up
    What cancer lovers in high fructose corn syrup, any thing with Alcohol.
    Cancer does love Stevia but starves or die from hunger.

It does help eating green witch I only start after cancer.
    Your vacation is now in chemo enjoy the great company of others with something.

Dave

Prayers for you. Cancer sucks
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

Post Thanks / Like

I fractured two vertebra, L1 and L2 when I was younger. I fell off a roof and landed on my butt. I got up and boy did it hurt. I went and got some coffee that is when I noticed that my thoughts were not relaying through to my foot and the brake pedal. So I went to the Hospital. They kept me after x-raying me. They put me in traction and that was not helping at all. The doctors were talking about operations. A marine corp doctor was walking by and he said I heard you are trying to get out of here. I said “Yes sir”. He said I am going to give you a prescription for a metal brace, when you get it, if you can get up and move around bend over and whatnot, sign yourself out they have to let you go. That is what I did and I have never looked back. Recently about nine months ago I was on a roof with a four and three foot pipe wrench opening up gas pipe to HVAC units. It was a cool morning during a heat wave, early in the morning, and I was almost done only two more joints to do. Instead of walking around to the other side of the machine as I had done all along, I decide to reach over and get the last two. When I go to put the muscle on the wrenches to unscrew the pipe, I dropped to one knee. I eventually got up and carried some pipe even though the the guys were telling me to take it easy. But I was in pain. I had a black and blue mark on my back near my shoulder, that is where I felt the pain that moved down to my lower back. In a week I was better at least enough I could lift things which in my world can be heavy, like core rigs or a heavy old mag drill, or even an I-beam or pipe. I could still feel the damage but nothing I could not deal with. Then I moved a very light bin that was really large and awkward, so I slid it down the stairs, it hung up on one tread and then slipped forward and again same spot same pain. But that healed up in a few days too. I am just a little cautious now until I know it is all healed again. Sucks getting old.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

Suffered with severe back pain for 5 years. I had back surgery in 2005 at age 55 for a herniated disc between L4 and L5. Removed the disc and replaced with a titanium cage and filled the honeycomb holes with BMP (bone morphemic protein. Played a round of golf 6 weeks later. All has been good since.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

12. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I should give an update on how I'm doing. I went to the urologist and he said the back aches may just be something I have to live with for a while, which sucks. I'm taking Revlimid that can potentially kill Myeloma cells. I take it for 3 weeks then have a week off from taking it. It appears that my back has been worse this past week and it's the week off. My taste buds are also acting up again. I go back on the Revlimid Monday for another 3 weeks, then a week off, then a final cycle of 3 weeks. The urologist still thinks my bladder was damaged and is still weak so I have to continue with self catheterization. I'm supposed to see him again in a year! Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to fully empty my bladder on my own before a year. There is an operation to improve my prostrate but I think they want to make sure everything is healthy and strong before they consider the operation. 10,000 catheterization's later.... I'm pretty used to it and at least I'm fully independent without having to have a bag strapped to my leg.

On the good side, the PET scan didn't register any cancer and my hair is growing back pretty good. It just sucks that I have a nagging back ache and very little energy. I have a lot of things planned but I think I'll be limited by my low physical strength. Tired of being cooped up at home but I can't do much in the winter anyway. We just had another good dump of snow that will take even longer to disappear. Maybe there will just be a day when all of a sudden I feel better and have some more energy and not so tired all the time. I've been eating pretty good but haven't been able to gain weight (must be muscle mass I need to gain). I'm stuck just under 150lbs. and about 3 inches shorter following the 2 vertebroplasty procedures to repair the fractures in my back. I'm doing pretty good overall but it gets discouraging at times. Maybe I'm just hoping I'm one of the patients who recovers faster than the norm. They say it can take up to a year to recover from a stem cell transplant. Even at that I'm not sure you fully recover after all the treatments and meds but 75% or better would be OK. Sure glad everything is covered by healthcare. The Revlimid is $400/pill and I take 63 of them ($25,200). Social worker at the cancer institute put in my signed appeal to get early disability. Gov't, in their infinite wisdom thinks I could work at some type of job but don't say what. Talking to them on the phone you really get the impression they could care less. I mentioned to the social worker they seem kind of cold and she said she's heard that before. It's like you're taking the money out of their pockets personally. It's also common knowledge they deny the 1st application. Why not look at what the Dr.(s) and healthcare workers are saying about my condition???
    Anyway I'm hanging in there.

14. Likes whtbaron, William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, prayers for you. Back pain sucks because it can be so debilitating and affect so many different areas. Wishing you the best. Hang in there.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

16. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there brother! Prayers are on the way for relief!

18. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This last week hasn't been the greatest. I went back on the Revlimid after being off for a week and seemed more fatigued and tired. Then on Wed. I went the ER because I was having trouble reading and speaking the proper words. I might have just been overly tired but they are sending me to a stroke clinic to see if I might have had a TIA (mini stroke). I have a history of not being able to communicate properly. Back in 1991 was the worst and they thought I had Encephalitis, then about 10 or so years ago I had another round but not as bad. What was interesting then is that they said the test results from 1991 were negative for Encephalitis and they also don't know what happened then. Maybe I'm more susceptible to stokes??? Apparently they can give me something to help if it is stroke related. I don't need any more health issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news Putin has back pain too.
    His back pain is from cancer.

Now he should come to America for cancer treatments.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    This last week hasn't been the greatest. I went back on the Revlimid after being off for a week and seemed more fatigued and tired. Then on Wed. I went the ER because I was having trouble reading and speaking the proper words. I might have just been overly tired but they are sending me to a stroke clinic to see if I might have had a TIA (mini stroke). I have a history of not being able to communicate properly. Back in 1991 was the worst and they thought I had Encephalitis, then about 10 or so years ago I had another round but not as bad. What was interesting then is that they said the test results from 1991 were negative for Encephalitis and they also don't know what happened then. Maybe I'm more susceptible to stokes??? Apparently they can give me something to help if it is stroke related. I don't need any more health issues.
    Dang, You're having a hell of a time, We'll keep you in prayer while wishing for wisdom for the doctors. There is a medication for the strokes, but it's my understanding that there are at leaste 2 different types of stroke, we can only pray that the medications are available for each type of stroke. Wish you the best brother. Thank you for the update.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Good news Putin has back pain too.
    His back pain is from cancer.

Now he should come to America for cancer treatments.

Dave
    Yeah! let me handle the switch for the radiation, I'll cook his a$$ quicker than you couls say scat!
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I like 👍
    I may fall asleep and forget to turn off switch 😴 🙃 😅

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Yeah! let me handle the switch for the radiation, I'll cook his a$$ quicker than you couls say scat!

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the hospital again! We were in the wife’s Highlander and got T-boned by some young kids running through a stop sign. Kids hit on the passenger side right at my door. At 72 an 285 it took two of them to get me out of the car. Will get to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow, they tell me it’s at L5 an S1. Can’t lay down, can’t hardly stand, sitting straight up seems the only position of any relief. Tried to tell them morphine does not work well for me, after 6 injections they changed to other meds. Back pain sucks.
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

I have Xrays showing back problems.
    But did not stop me.
    But cancer did.

Dave

Back in the hospital again! We were in the wife’s Highlander and got T-boned by some young kids running through a stop sign. Kids hit on the passenger side right at my door. At 72 an 285 it took two of them to get me out of the car. Will get to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow, they tell me it’s at L5 an S1. Can’t lay down, can’t hardly stand, sitting straight up seems the only position of any relief. Tried to tell them morphine does not work well for me, after 6 injections they changed to other meds. Back pain sucks.

26. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t lay down, can’t hardly stand, sitting straight up seems the only position of any relief. Tried to tell them morphine does not work well for me, after 6 injections they changed to other meds. Back pain sucks.

Sucks is right! Hope you get better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

28. Likes NotaVegetarian, CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally easing off but I’m so blurry eyed. Got too ask what this is
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

This just happened
    I sorry to here.

I thinking this happened a long time ago sorry for last posted.

Dave

Finally easing off but I’m so blurry eyed. Got too ask what this is

Post Thanks / Like

Man this sucks, about the time you close your eyes they come in an wake you up, poke and prod
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

32. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here
    Pain sucks
    Before found the cancer my doctor gave me 7.5% hyrdocodine every 6 hours and after the third pill. It was for my back pain.

Posting took a hit , still feel sorry for some posts.
    Dave

Man this sucks, about the time you close your eyes they come in an wake you up, poke and prod

Post Thanks / Like

FI ally sent me home. They have the pain meds balanced that oxy crap sucks, took a day to tell them it’s not working, them hospitals beds are not built for a guy like me. My head hangs off one end my feet the other. They finally rolled in a large chair they said it also so I at least could sit up straight. Haven’t given a final decision, looks I’m scheduled for more tests. Good news nothings broken.
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

Post Thanks / Like

That good news.
    I found if lot pain go home for a good night sleep in the right size bed and good home cooking 🍳.
    Like metal and real food.

Last time I was in the hospital I got before they kill me with drugs. My wife said stop taking most the drugs and improve quickly.
    Was ready to crawl as my wife drove up to hospital 🏥.

Dave

FI ally sent me home. They have the pain meds balanced that oxy crap sucks, took a day to tell them it’s not working, them hospitals beds are not built for a guy like me. My head hangs off one end my feet the other. They finally rolled in a large chair they said it also so I at least could sit up straight. Haven’t given a final decision, looks I’m scheduled for more tests. Good news nothings broken.

36. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist