+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help for ESAB.? contact me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help for ESAB.? contact me.

u have any luck fixin ur 352

Post Thanks / Like

Hard Hf starting can be caused by worn spark gap points. And the new problem I just ran into is broken solder connections on the spark gap mounting board. Check where the coupling transformer wire are soldered on.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a airco/esab pcs-53 and it has a burnt capacitor on c70 on the main circuit board 31478 f
    Does anyone have a machine they can pull the cover off and tell me the specs on the capacitor?
    Does anyone have a wiring schemtaic for the board?
    Name:  c70 correct.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  53.2 KB

Thank You, Keith
    kkustomz1@aol.com
    Last edited by kkustomz; 12-27-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: picture

Post Thanks / Like

We have a couple guys who might have access to that info. If u get stuck, check and see if Innovat Corp have your board part number on their price list. Wether or not they will share their schematic with you I don't know, but I've had a board repaired under their flat rate program and very happy with the work and service

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

@ kkustomz - PM sent.
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Post Thanks / Like

A good electronics repair shop could probably help. Look like an electrolytic cap, maybe off of that bridge rectifier BR4.
    Hobart Beta-Mig 250
    T-D Cutmaster 81
    Miller Maxstar 150STL
    Miller T-Bolt 225 AC
    Chicago Electric Mig 151
    Hobart RC-256 Haas-Kamp Conversion(sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steakman, a friend of my ask me for his Airco/ESAB CV-250 a diode. It's a big one from International Rectifier and is 250 Amps. On the diode is the number B004 and a second number maybe serialnumber 13730378. Here in Europe I can't find any replacemend. Even ESAB Sweden can not help me. Do you have a solution for this problem.

best regards
    Bobbes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steakman View Post
    I offer what I know from 10 years as a technical Sales Rep for ESAB Canada. Might not have all the answers and I'll tell you if I dont. and yea..i am biased. I personally think that the Multimaster 260 and the Migmaster 250 are about the best-sweetest S6 .035 compact Migs on the market (although pricey compared to a Miller 252 - you pay for what you get), and have higher duty cycles than either Lincoln or Miller in the same class. But put a Bernard 300 (Tweco #4 |P|in), with Centre fire on it...way way better than the Tregaskiss guns offered by ESAB.

I also know for a fact by working with both types that ESAB SubArc totally Blows Lincoln 1952 SAW technology away. Total Junk in my opinion. Their AC/DC is very expensive smoke and mirrors. Ask me why sometime. Only thing I like from Lincoln in SAW is the their 880M flux - Simply phenomenal.!

Plasma: Hypetherm is the way to go - hands down. Excellent equipment. ESAB..hmm good consoles but no true multi-voltage, no quick disconnect... what can i say? Ten years we were after Forence to add quick disconnect/multi-voltage...stupid is as stupid does I guess..thats why they cant sell any plasma's anymore.! I prefer to tell it like it is.

As for Miller - overall a very good product line - stay away from their plasma - Hyperthern is the way to go. Thermadyne...hmmm cheap, but thats it...cheap & Purple - weird colour in my opinion. (Made in China btw.!). Company is always in Bankrupty protection...I would stay way.

Comments on OEM Chinese equipment. It may be not very good now but give them time...they will get much better and reliable and in time will give the big 3 in North america a huge run for their money.

Soooo....
    need info on SubArc, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW equip / Filler metals.. can do
    need data sheets, equipment images, filler metals.. can do.
    need manuals for either North american or European product.. can do.
    need an explantion on some of the higher end product and what it can do...can do that as well.

AND Yea, Absolutely we need an ESAB specific forum...lets not forget that originaly the L-Tec guys were a part of Linde (old Green Linde), which was a division of Union Carbide...An American Company.!

cheers,

Theo
    Steakman,

Just the guy I need to talk to!! I am getting ready to buy a bunch of Corebright 309L--self shielded wire--.045 wire spools----anyway I would like to know if you have had any luck running this stuff out of position? I am currently using Shieldbright 309 dual shield, it runs nice, but I would like to get away from using gas, or at least minimize it. What I'm using it for is mainly filling the joints---(butterring)---between sheets of 3/8" on 3/8" chromium carbide. The joints are from 5/8-3/4", the sheets are 3/8" chrome on 3/8" mild steel, so I run a good root and stay just below the chrome, then fill it up with 309 to just below the top, then put a layer of hardface over the top. On one job I will have 6 joints that are around 14 foot long that are flat, and 6 or so that are around 8 foot that are vertical, as well as about 24 foot of horizontal........................so with this amount of welding I really need to use wire. The flats are no worries, I use my Bug-O and a custom gun mount, it's the verticals I'm worried about..................so back to my original question, can I run this stuff vertical, or have you, or should I just give it a go? Thanks for your time--Matt
    6 Miller Big Blue 600 Air Paks
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    4 Climax BW-3000Z bore welders
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

People calling out into the night - steakman, steakman where art thou?

Post Thanks / Like

Since we now have an ESAB section, this thread might be better served by being here where the ESAB people might see it better vs the Other Manufacturers area.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkustomz View Post
    I have a airco/esab pcs-53 and it has a burnt capacitor on c70 on the main circuit board 31478 f
    Does anyone have a machine they can pull the cover off and tell me the specs on the capacitor?
    Does anyone have a wiring schemtaic for the board?
    Name:  c70 correct.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  53.2 KB

Thank You, Keith
    kkustomz1@aol.com

I know this is an old post but as I'm currently working on this exact board I thought I'd answer it. Capacitor C70 on PCB1 (main control board, 31478) is 22uF 25V.

Name:  20220121_182955.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  102.8 KB

Hope this helps someone. I'm still looking for the schematics for this board but no luck so far...

12. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steak man
    I own an esab rebel 235. Are they prone to board problems as my machine has about 200 hours on it and stopped working on the tig/spool gun side for solenoid activation. I only ask because the welding repair shop looked at it and said the board was in need of replacement To put this into perspective the roll of mig wire that came with it is still more than half full ( by weight) and that is what I use most often.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. I fear that I will be spending at least a thousand dollars by the time all is said and done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pashmina View Post
    Steak man
    I own an esab rebel 235. Are they prone to board problems as my machine has about 200 hours on it and stopped working on the tig/spool gun side for solenoid activation. I only ask because the welding repair shop looked at it and said the board was in need of replacement To put this into perspective the roll of mig wire that came with it is still more than half full ( by weight) and that is what I use most often.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. I fear that I will be spending at least a thousand dollars by the time all is said and done
    Out of warranty? I'd find the local ESAB rep and ask him/her to help. They have the latitude to do things
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steakman
    I am actually having an issue with an old L-Tec L-225
    It seems to be backwards, When the trigger isn't pulled and you put the wire on your work piece, the wire glows red for as long as you have it on the work piece.
    When you pull the trigger it stops the wire from glowing and the wire feeds, it just doesn't strike an arc.
    Any Ideas as to why?
    I do not have the manual or the wiring diagram for this machine.

Thank for nay help

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdog View Post
    Hi Steakman
    I am actually having an issue with an old L-Tec L-225
    It seems to be backwards, When the trigger isn't pulled and you put the wire on your work piece, the wire glows red for as long as you have it on the work piece.
    When you pull the trigger it stops the wire from glowing and the wire feeds, it just doesn't strike an arc.
    Any Ideas as to why?
    I do not have the manual or the wiring diagram for this machine.

Thank for nay help

Jim
    As was stated earlier in the thread and is shown by checking his Profile, the OP hasn't been onsite in ten years.

As for your problem, I'd guess it's something like a switch controlling the feed motor has its leads reversed between the NO [Normally Open] and the NC positions. Try tracing the circuitry from that motor yourself, or take very good pictures and post them here so some member can give more detailed advice.

Last edited by Oldiron2; 02-21-2022 at 04:36 PM.

17. Likes Mazdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    People calling out into the night - steakman, steakman where art thou?
    He has not been on here since 2012.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Oldiron2
    Thank you
    I didn't notice he hasn't been on in awhile. Thanks for answering my thread.
    I will see if I can hunt it down.Name:  Welder.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  137.9 KBName:  Welder 1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  132.2 KB The red and green wires in the first pic comes from the wire drive motor and turn to red and light blue/green and go to the top of the contactor for red and bottom for the light blue/green

Post Thanks / Like

I have no luck switching the contactor form N.O. to N.C. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    As was stated earlier in the thread and is shown by checking his Profile, the OP hasn't been onsite in ten years.

As for your problem, I'd guess it's something like a switch controlling the feed motor has its leads reversed between the NO [Normally Open] and the NC positions. Try tracing the circuitry from that motor yourself, or take very good pictures and post them here so some member can give more detailed advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdog View Post
    I have no luck switching the contactor form N.O. to N.C. etc
    If you start a new thread about it, one with a title that explains the problem and thus attracts members who are good at troubleshooting, and if you can provide a schematic for that machine, or the right information (e.v. serial number, catalog number, model and variation, etc.) to find one, someone may be able to help.
    It's hard, just looking at a few pictures of a machine's wiring, to see the whole situation as one can when looking in person at the machine, unless one knows that particular model well and gets lucky by noticing something out of place in one of the pictures.

Last edited by Oldiron2; 03-01-2022 at 01:18 PM.

22. Likes Mazdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news in my follow up. I took it and got a second opinion and it ended up being the solenoid so it cost me $45 to repair everything I now know that even the reputable repair companies do tend to overlook things or make small mistakes.

24. Likes Garfield43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got an esab multimaster 260 jesse james edition that will kick on and start humming but none of the lights on the control panel or the digital display light up, any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, we bought used ESAB LLM-2020 from auction and PEK control unit is locked, the seller says that he hasn't been working with it for a long time and doesn't know the password. Is there any way to unlock it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist