+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Illinois "Weldorama" Sunday, 9/25/2016

Post Thanks / Like

Northeastern Illinois "Weldorama" Sunday, 9/25/2016

BD1, and his assistant (me), will be hosting a "Weldorama" on Sept. 25, 2016.
    --
    Start time will be 10AM to ?
    --
    Location will be in Antioch IL. Please contact BD1 for address and directions.
    --
    I'll be providing chicken for the grill as well as a few salads and BD1 will be providing welding machines and beer. If anyone has any special requests for food, I will do my very best to honor them.
    --
    Please join us.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Northeastern Illinois "Weldorama" Sunday, 9/26/2016

Sorry, can't come. I'll be at the FOTA in Remsen, NY that weekend.
    Be wary of The Numbers: Figures don't lie,. but liars can figure.
    Welders:
    2008 Lincoln 140 GMAW&FCAW
    2012 HF 165 'toy' GTAW&SMAW
    2018 O/A (complete kit)

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you good people live on the wrong side of the country?
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

Post Thanks / Like

The 25th is a Sunday and 26th is a Monday
    So if it's on a Sunday I can probably come for a little bit. I can bring some machines if in stock
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Esab ET220i
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    Tormach 770, Tormach xstech
    Carbide3d Nomad3
    Sherline 4400 CNC Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Something to keep in mind. Too early to tell for me, but sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool but too far for me. Maybe I'll get to see some of ya'll at this years FabTech this November in Vegas.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 07-27-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Something to keep in mind. Too early to tell for me, but sounds good.
    No problem if you are working Mike; figure out when you need help with your new shop and I'll load my truck up and we can come by you to help out if you like.

Post Thanks / Like

mike837go> You will be missed!!!
    --
    Had to look up where you were going that weekend... wasn't familiar with FOTA. Looks like a good time. Will you be selling any welded goodies or just walking around enjoying yourself?
    --
    CEP> You have no idea how I sooooooooo wished we didn't live in Hellinois and lived out your way so you could come join us!!! There are more good people than not who live out this way though.... I think we're sorta "stuck" for the time being.
    --
    Gamble> You are so right. Poor poor poor BD1.... his "assistant' for the day... that would be me.... totally botched the get-together date. It is on a Sunday but it's not on the 26th.... it's on Sept 25th. Thank you so much for catching my boo boo!!! I'll ask someone to correct that for us right away since I was outside weeding and missed my opportunity to edit the post.
    --
    I'm not the brightest crayon in the box regarding welding machines. Please contact BD1 about machines. I've never tried a plasma machine. You don't by any chance ever have any of those do you? Don't even know if they're portable or not so please ignore me if they're the size of a VW.
    --
    M J D> Sure hoping you'll be able to join us!!! And... of course I'd ride along with BD1 to help with your new shop too.
    --
    N2 Welding> Totally understand. I see you're from California.... it would be a hike out our way.... that's for sure!!!
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer. Should be done by then. The Sunday thing would work better. Keep us posted as the time gets closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    mike837go> You will be missed!!!

Aim Better.

--
    Had to look up where you were going that weekend... wasn't familiar with FOTA. Looks like a good time. Will you be selling any welded goodies or just walking around enjoying yourself?
    --...snip...
    Lots of walking, buying, eating deliciously terrible food.

Plus the Homeowner's Association annual meeting deliberately coincides. A quorum is needed to authorize the snow plowing contract for the road. Then the bbq!
    Be wary of The Numbers: Figures don't lie,. but liars can figure.
    Welders:
    2008 Lincoln 140 GMAW&FCAW
    2012 HF 165 'toy' GTAW&SMAW
    2018 O/A (complete kit)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Should be done by then. The Sunday thing would work better. Keep us posted as the time gets closer.
    '' Should be done by then '' WHAT ??? You'll never be done. Maybe reword to say '' USABLE ''

There will ALWAYS be more stuff to do.

Hey, if you would like a hand let me know. I'll toss '' MY ASSISTANT '' in the back of the truck and will come up . Ok, I guess upfront would be safer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    '' Should be done by then '' WHAT ??? You'll never be done. Maybe reword to say '' USABLE ''

There will ALWAYS be more stuff to do.

Hey, if you would like a hand let me know. I'll toss '' MY ASSISTANT '' in the back of the truck and will come up . Ok, I guess upfront would be safer.
    Upfront would be best. Wisconsin does have a seatbelt law. As far as usable, being able to walk around in it was a huge step.

Post Thanks / Like

mike837go> "Aim Better" Almost missed that slipped in the way you did. Too funny. My aim is getting much better with each and every session of classes I take.
    --
    "deliciously terrible food">>>? Were it not for the little stumbling block that a quorum is needed to authorize a snow plowing contract.... I'd say come on down by us instead and eat well. I'm sure my husband will make some beer bread to send with me or maybe cheese bread. Who knows... he might even toss in a pie depending on what fruit is in season.
    --
    BD1> My ears were ringing. Don't you be talking about me behind my back!!!
    --
    M J D> For sure I'll be his assistant for another day if you could use help now.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

It is on a Sunday but it's not on the 26th.... it's on Sept 25th. Thank you so much for catching my boo boo!!! I'll ask someone to correct that for us right away since I was outside weeding and missed my opportunity to edit the post.
    I edited the date and stickied the thread as well as moving it to the Announcements section. Should be a good time for all.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Northeastern Illinois "Weldorama" Sunday, 9/25/2016

'' Don't you be talking about me behind my back!!! ''

I would never say anything behind your back that I wouldn't say face to face..................... as long as there was a brick wall between us.

Oh, and yes you can even sit in the front seat !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

DSW> Thanks for editing the date in the title and changing it to 25.... could you please go back and edit the date in the body of the very first post where I repeated the same screw up when typing this, "BD1, and his assistant (me), will be hosting a "Weldorama" on Sept. 26, 2016"?
    --
    Hey!!! You forgot to mention you were coming. Really glad you are!!! I do think it's going to be a good time for all!!!
    --
    BD1> I dunno if I want to sit in the front seat of that HUGE truck again no matter how "comfy" it is. I think the bed of the PU might actually be safer or you could always duct tape me to the hood being as how I keep forgetting how high up the truck is and falling out the door.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

--
    Hey!!! You forgot to mention you were coming. Really glad you are!!! I do think it's going to be a good time for all!!!

Spoil sport! I was thinking about saying that I'd heard a rumor that a "special guest" was planing to make an appearance. I just hadn't come up with good wording yet before I went and started cooking dinner.

Yeah as of right now I plan to hit the SOFA Quad States blacksmithing event in Troy Ohio Friday and Saturday, then continue out to see all of you. General plan is for me to bring out my forge as I know several people are interested in some of the stuff I do with that.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Why do you people live in THE WRONG COUNTRY... .....
    Sorry Mick.

WRONG COUNTRY ??? Well buddy , if you think this is the wrong country now, JUST WAIT until that PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION .

Maybe coming by you could be better. I don't know, yours might even be worse !!!

Post Thanks / Like

BD1, I told EQ I can bring my Hypertherm plasma out with me if need be. Do you have a decent sized compressor we can use at the same time as a 230v 50 amp plasma? The compressor I keep on the truck is too small to supply air for more than a very brief period of time. With the forge in the truck, the wheel barrow compressor isn't really practical to bring along.

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is sounding like fun and if DSW can make from Philly I ought to be able to make it from southwest lower Michigan.
    Now we just gotta get DynaSteve to pick up Zap in the corporate helicopter and buzz on over it will be a real wang dang doodle!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes!!! Would loooove to "play" with a plasma cutter very much!!! Yay!!!
    --
    I'm going to bring some of the things I bought recently.... the little soldering furnace and soldering irons, the flip roller, the bead roller, as well as the few hand tools I bought to use with them making rabbit poop pans and such.
    --
    DSW> you are a "special" guest and even more so considering how far you'll be driving to get to us!!!
    --
    We have a compressor. Don't know if it's big enough but it's about the size of a large hot water heater. Have another neighbor who has a bigger compressor than ours so if BD1 doesn't have one.... I'm sure we can check around and see who has one big enough that will work for you so you don't have to haul one all the way to IL.
    --
    I think setting up a forge is an excellent idea!!!
    --
    vwguy3> You are not going to believe this but I stayed up almost 3 hours after my normal bedtime trying to find a thread where a member who only lived about 2.5 hours away from me had generously offered to let me haul my new/used Lincoln buzzbox over to his house so 7A749 could stop in and give it a once over since it hadn't been used in at least 20 years and had been stored for even longer. I wanted to drop the man a little PM with a link to this thread. I was so tired I gave up looking for him last night and lookie here.... you're posting you're going to come to the "wang dang doodle" and you're the member I was looking for!!! I know it's you because I remember your location as being the city of four flags which is a little north of South Bend!!! Thank you again for your offer and really glad to see you'll be coming!!!
    --
    I know 7A749 would like to come and... actually plans on coming but.... things change and unfortunately I think whether he'll be able to make it or not will end up being a wait and see deal. As far as zapster.... the month we ended up choosing for a get together is really bad for him and if I'm not mistaken... it'd take him about two days to get to us if he didn't have conflicts and who wants to spend 2 days in a car for a day of merry making only to turn around and drive two days back home? That's an awful lot of cross country driving to be doing by one's self even if one didn't have other things on their plate that month.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Fla the first week in September to see the inlaws.
    Trip is booked with a stop at the Outer Banks so Mrs zap can get seeing the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse off the list of must do's in her lifetime done finally on the way down...

And yes I get along with the inlaws just fine.
    Been 12 yrs since we were down there last..

Oh well..

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Zap, just stay on Alert 5 if Steve comes out. You know what happened to him when he went to visit you last year. We may have to try and undelete him once more just in case he accidentally bans himself again.

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    Now we just gotta get DynaSteve to pick up Zap in the corporate helicopter and buzz on over it will be a real wang dang doodle!
    So that's where the keys went..

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumpety bump bump bump
    --
    Northeastern Illinois "Weldorama" Sunday, 9/25/2016

BD1, and his assistant (me), will be hosting a "Weldorama" on Sept. 25, 2016.
    --
    Start time will be 10AM to ?
    --
    Location will be in Antioch IL. Please contact BD1 for address and directions.
    --
    I'll be providing chicken for the grill as well as a few salads and BD1 will be providing welding machines and beer. If anyone has any special requests for food, I will do my very best to honor them.
    --
    Please join us.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist