Thread: Aluminum welding question

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum welding question

I have an older Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 and a new Lincoln Eagle 10000+. I would like the option to weld aluminum for small projects. I assume the Eagle 10000+ would be the best machine to set up for aluminum but not sure. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aluminum welding question

Gee,

Neither of those may be a good solution, directly, unless I'm mistaken.

I mean, are you thinking MIG-spoolgun as the process for aluminum? And, the Weld-pak is undoubtedly ridiculous for that.

The Eagle takes a MAGNUM® PRO 100SG SPOOL GUN - K3269-1, which may do it, but the Eagle is a CC machine, which I've heard is not ideal for a feeder unit.

Interestingly, the Lincoln Ranger 250 GXT is CC/CV/AC/DC and can accept the TIG module (at a high price), which could conceivably be an engine-driven unit that could do it all.

So, honestly, since the Eagle literature states that it can power inverter welding units, I'd just get an AHP AlphaTIG200 or a 200+ amp MIG unit, depending on which process you prefer, and use them on grid power or run them off the Eagle for field work. And at that point, the Weld-Pak would make a nice gift to a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalyo View Post
    I have an older Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 and a new Lincoln Eagle 10000+. I would like the option to weld aluminum for small projects. I assume the Eagle 10000+ would be the best machine to set up for aluminum but not sure. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks