+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victor Style Torch Tip Nut

Post Thanks / Like

Victor Style Torch Tip Nut

I have a victor style torch medium duty that takes the 3 series tips. My problem is the tip nut that fits that style torch is too big and the tip nut that fits the small torch that takes the 5 series tips is too small. I think it might be made by uniweld but there are no marking anywhere on it. On the back side of the cutting attachment opposite of the oxygen valve there are two small rivets where a name plate was. Everything else on the torch takes the standard replacement parts(cone, seat,ect..) I can solder on a new head but I'd rather not if I can just order a tip nut. Can anyone tell me the part number and who makes that particular tip nut. It is an older torch and will work if only i can find a tip nut.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victor Style Torch Tip Nut

It may be a Uniweld. I think this is the tip nut you need. http://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/...9-0049-tip-nut
    To be sure, Post a picture of the cutting attachment and I can identify it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victor Style Torch Tip Nut

Thanks, I'll give it a try. If it doesn't fit I'll post a picture. I don't think the guy actually wants to use the torch; I think he just wants it to look new and use it as a decoration because it was his dad's who recently passed away.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist