Thread: Milwaukee drill motor

Post Thanks / Like

Milwaukee drill motor

So I bought a 110v Milwaukee motor. Model number 4297-1 it's reversible. Here's my problem I am using this as the drive on my 2nd homemade line bore drive mechanism. The drill ships with a plug that's made as direct fit to a mag drill. I need to wire a dpdt on on switch to it and to be honest I'm not sure how.

The cord has 4 wires. Green,pink,black and white. The green and pink ring with the motor brushes as well as with each other. The white and black I'm not sure where they go but they to ring with each other. So the real question is there anyone who has any idea how to make this work? The toggle switch I have has 6 terminals. The center 2 are for the line in and the outer sets are for the line out for forward and reverse. Hope this makes sense!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Milwaukee drill motor

Super old thread, but did you ever figure this out? I need to do the exact same thing with the same drill

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://documents.milwaukeetool.com/58-01-1840.pdf

I think the 4297-1 referred to the complete mag drill motor assembly and not a specific motor, but this wiring instruction may help as its for an older (and non-electronic speed controlled) mag drill base.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenbuggy View Post
    https://documents.milwaukeetool.com/58-01-1840.pdf

I think the 4297-1 referred to the complete mag drill motor assembly and not a specific motor, but this wiring instruction may help as its for an older (and non-electronic speed controlled) mag drill base.
    I think he wants to have reverse on the switch. I don't think those ones are reversible wiring diagrams.