Thread: Miller 350p+Pulse+90/10+.035= Amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Miller 350p+Pulse+90/10+.035= Amazing

I knew I was missing out on something, forget spray or short arc, pulse mig on the Miller 350p is just incredible. I can't remember when welding brought a smile to my face like this thing does, even on 1/8 steel it's fantastic. It makes me want to sell every other welder I have. I can usually find flaws or limitations in any machine, I have not found one on the 350p. The welds this thing puts down with zero spatter is something to brag about, it's is so smooth and effortless, it's almost as if you can't screw up. The starts are focused and crisp and even when you stop and restart you can't tell on the weld bead. I am almost tempted to spend the money on a push pull for aluminum.

I guess until you have used one it's hard to explain, I just wish I had bought one a long time ago.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller 350p+Pulse+90/10+.035= Amazing

I completely agree!!! When I bought mine 3 years ago I would almost dread mig jobs because they were just so boring. I bought my 350P and tada!!!! they're amazing!

I run a 30a spoolgun on mine. Just wait till you try that!!

I don't have a push pull but I would caution you to do some research on them before buying one. I saw a thread about them on here somewhere, I believe shovelon was the one talking about it. Stating that you have to like calibrate them to the machine everytime you switch back and forth, or something like that. None the less he made it sound that unless you're going to use it as a dedicated aluminum machine you're probably going to not be happy with the setup. Just something to check into. I've never been around them at all myself though.

Congrats on the new purchase though!!
    -Doogie

Miller 350P
    Miller Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power
    Lincoln LN25 suitcase welder
    XMT 304/22a feeder
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX
    Miller Econotig
    Hobart Handler 140
    (2) Uni-Hydro 42-14
    Hypertherm 65 plasma
    WEBB Gap bed lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    I knew I was missing out on something, forget spray or short arc, pulse mig on the Miller 350p is just incredible. I can't remember when welding brought a smile to my face like this thing does, even on 1/8 steel it's fantastic. It makes me want to sell every other welder I have. I can usually find flaws or limitations in any machine, I have not found one on the 350p. The welds this thing puts down with zero spatter is something to brag about, it's is so smooth and effortless, it's almost as if you can't screw up. The starts are focused and crisp and even when you stop and restart you can't tell on the weld bead. I am almost tempted to spend the money on a push pull for aluminum.

I guess until you have used one it's hard to explain, I just wish I had bought one a long time ago.

You should a Powerwave 300 if you think that pulse is good.. Rapid arc is a whole different level..
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post

You should a Powerwave 300 if you think that pulse is good.. Rapid arc is a whole different level..
    Maybe I have just been living in a cave, I don't want to weld anything without pulse anymore. I might need an education on rapid arc?
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

It's much more adaptive,, Weld with a 350p, and Powerwave 300 side by side, and you will see for yourself..Kevin (KB Fabrication) noticed it right off from using his 350p.. That was probably 7 years ago though...
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

You literally could teach a monkey to weld with a 350P on pulse spray
    Ryan

Miller Multimatic 200 tig/spool gun/wireless remote
    Millermatic 350P, Bernard/XR Python guns
    Miller Dynasty 350, Coolmate 3.5 & wireless remote
    CK WF1 TIG wire feeder
    Miller Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    Optrel e684
    Miller Digital Elite
    Miller Weld-Mask

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    Maybe I have just been living in a cave, I don't want to weld anything without pulse anymore. I might need an education on rapid arc?
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!