+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st Post ! 1st Welder!!

Post Thanks / Like

1st Post ! 1st Welder!!

Hey There , I wanna welder that sounds like bacon sizzling and smells like smoked peppered bacon and doesn't catch fire!! Is that to much to ask ?? No i am not wet behind the ears ,wearing a soggy diaper , but i maze well be when it comes to welding experience,, anyways i am experienced self learner haahaa. After much reading and reading, i will most likely start with a Mig/stick or Multi,, it won't be for business just for repairing and any project i want to do,, i don't want to start with a small unit and work my way up , although that would be easier to learn i suspect. Great forum. ! Thks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Post ! 1st Welder!!

The upcoming 230amp AC/DC MTS sounds like a hot ticket.
    Otherwise i'd suggest a tig box like the 255ext.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the imig 230 sounds good ,, but i don't know if and when it will be available in Canada.?? 255ext is great but out of my price range.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the MTS 211si for about a year. Everything works as advertised, no problems at all with the machine. If there is a problem it is with the operator (me). Was new to welding when I got it, and have improved MIG skills considerably. TIG skills still suck - but that is because of me not the machine. Unless you want to weld aluminum I think the 211si provides all the versatility one could want at a very good price for all that is included.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way to know if it will be in Canada is to call the company, asking about sales here will only get you so far. The demographic here are mostly owners/potential owners and one volunteer from Everlast who moderates this area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes , i can email about for info on Imig 230 in Canada,, i have gotten other questions answered fairly quick . Thks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist