Thread: Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers

Hi!

Dan from Greece. I was born in the US; however, after joining the military and becoming an aircraft mechanic, I ended up abroad. After being stationed in Greece and meeting my wife, I decided to depart from the military and call Greece home.

I've been welding since I was a kid back on the farm in Mississippi. My old man didn't believe in paying for work, so we did pretty much everything. I started with an old Lincoln "buzz box" and later bought myself a MIG.

Recently I bought a TIG machine and became friends with the metal supplier in my area. His family runs a pretty large operation building pellet stoves, wood burning stoves, metal staircases and balcony railings. They do a lot of work in stainless and carbon steels.

I'm interested in all things welding, at least the most common. In particular, I'm looking at nautical stuff, as I'm hoping to restore a boat. I plan on building a soft t-top for it such as the ones you see on center console fishing rigs. I'll be doing it out of stainless tubing that I have on hand. Also, the trailer needs some serious work, so I'll be building a set of jack stands to level and hold the boat for work while I'm fixing up the trailer.

That's my story in short. Glad to meet everyone and hope that I can learn from, and contribute to, the forum.

Cheers,
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheers

I have an old hippie chick friend who just moved there a couple months ago. Loves the place, especially the eats !

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, welcome to the forum.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    I have an old hippie chick friend who just moved there a couple months ago. Loves the place, especially the eats !
    Right on! Food is one of the high points in Greece...love me some Greek food!