+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebel EMP215

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebel EMP215

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I upgraded the stick leads/ work leads put on the exact match gun in 12 ft.. All the little detail things you do to them. The excellent arc starts, and low splatter welding is a out of the box thing.. Over 170 amps stick welding in case you were wondering about the 140 amp rated output.. Really good running off a generator too.. These machines do not have to take a back seat to any brand in arc quality.. Tig is crude, but there in a pinch..Not what I bought it for anyway.. Stick/ mig was it..Light weight machine too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201781140469...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Primary MIG machine for me too. I have the AHP AlphaTIG 200x for TIG, but given how light the Klutch is I could see trying that outside for quick jobs.
    Haven't tried stick. What's the scoop on 6010 rod? My neighbor has a pile of that and I was planning on stealing a few just to play.
    Any performance advantage for the Magnum torch (other than longer reach)?

Post Thanks / Like

I really only ran a few rods, so far, mostly 7018/308-308 SS

The gun is the exact same as the 10 ft factory unit..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Rebel EMP 215ic with the spool gun - Hopefully it will arrive the end of the week.
    So now I have a much more interesting and fun question.
    I want to quickly switch from MIG gun to spool gun and rethreading the MIG gun each time is going to get annoying (been there before).
    So I'm looking for the Tweco rear end power connector compatible with the Rebel spool gun. My thought is to have this second connector dedicated to the spool gun and mounted to the side of the welder. It will have a separate dinse connector that can be plugged into the Rebel for power and a Y valve for gas.
    So is there a part number for the Tweco rear end connector or a source you can suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased one on ebay for $20 shipped new old stock. I have not plugged it in yet to see if it is a reject but I am hopefull the gas ports line up and the thumb screw slot lines up. The end that came on the fuzion 250 gun did not line up correctly. Since I was able to use the tweco back end off of the 180 fuzion gun I did not need to try the new part yet. Give me a minute and I will get the part number.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

350-174h tweco rear end power adapter for mig gun
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just checked the plug I listed above and it fits like a glove and every thing lines up perfectly.

WeldMore did you get the factory Tweco spool gun for the Rebel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Ok I just checked the plug I listed above and it fits like a glove and every thing lines up perfectly.

WeldMore did you get the factory Tweco spool gun for the Rebel ?
    Yes I ordered the standard Rebel spool gun. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeldMore View Post
    Yes I ordered the standard Rebel spool gun. Thanks for the info.
    Seems like there are several variations for that part number.
    Is this what your connector looks like?
    Name:  350-174LH.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  51.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

The spool gun should come with the connector already on it. I am having a hard time understanding what you want to do. If you purchased the Reb ver Spool Gun then the machine will always think the spool gun is hooked up and set the parameters for spool gun welding as long as the 8 pin amphenol is plugged in. The Rebel Spool Gun has a resistor or diode can't remember which it is but it has it so when it is plugged into the machine the machine knows it is there and sets all the parameters for spool gun use. Are you trying to set up both the mig torch and spool gun to stay connected to the machine at all times so you don't have to mess with the mig wire when ever you want to use the spool gun? Sounds like more money and hassle than what it's worth. But I'm not manufacturing so I can see how that could be a very useful way to use the machine. If that is the plan then you may also need a Y-splitter with two female gas sockets as well as a way to insulate the whole thing. It is going to add additional weight to the drive roll casing and may cause problems not saying it will but just saying it's possible.

Oh that connector you listed above is the same type of connector but the last couple letters designate the exact type. The LH would be as you have pictured with an optional gas port out the side.

This is the one I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350-174H-TWE...72.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 06-22-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    The spool gun should come with the connector already on it. I am having a hard time understanding what you want to do. If you purchased the Reb ver Spool Gun then the machine will always think the spool gun is hooked up and set the parameters for spool gun welding as long as the 8 pin amphenol is plugged in. The Rebel Spool Gun has a resistor or diode can't remember which it is but it has it so when it is plugged into the machine the machine knows it is there and sets all the parameters for spool gun use. Are you trying to set up both the mig torch and spool gun to stay connected to the machine at all times so you don't have to mess with the mig wire when ever you want to use the spool gun? Sounds like more money and hassle than what it's worth. But I'm not manufacturing so I can see how that could be a very useful way to use the machine. If that is the plan then you may also need a Y-splitter with two female gas sockets as well as a way to insulate the whole thing. It is going to add additional weight to the drive roll casing and may cause problems not saying it will but just saying it's possible.

Oh that connector you listed above is the same type of connector but the last couple letters designate the exact type. The LH would be as you have pictured with an optional gas port out the side.

This is the one I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350-174H-TWE...72.m2749.l2649
    The purpose of the setup is prevent the MIG wire from having to be removed from the MIG gun when I switch over to the spool gun. The electrical and gas will be switched over to the spool gun while the MIG gun stays in the welder.
    I want a female connector that will connect to the current spool gun male connector so I can get to the gas hose and power wire for the spool gun. I could just remove the current male connector from the cable hose assembly but I don't want to void the warranty on the spool gun.
    On the spool gun I will put a dinse connector on the power lead and a male quick disconnect on the gas line. On the welder I will cut the existing gas line that goes to the wire feed assembly and put a female quick disconnect on the solenoid side of the hose and a male quick disconnect on the wire feed assembly side. That is the only mod to the welder.
    To run the MIG gun all the connections will be as normal and the gas line female quick disconnect will be connected to the male connector that goes to the MIG gun.
    To run the spool gun, remove the MIG gun dinse connector, amphenol connector and disconnect the gas line. Leave the MIG gun in place with the wire connected thru it.
    On the spool gun, insert the dinse connector and amphenol connector to the welder then attach the quick disconnect gas line to the spool gun.
    Sounds more complicated than it is. Takes less than 10 seconds and you are ready to go.
    Hope that helps explain my thought on this.

Post Thanks / Like

The purpose of the setup is prevent the MIG wire from having to be removed from the MIG gun when I switch over to the spool gun. The electrical and gas will be switched over to the spool gun while the MIG gun stays in the welder.
    I want a female connector that will connect to the current spool gun male connector so I can get to the gas hose and power wire for the spool gun. I could just remove the current male connector from the cable hose assembly but I don't want to void the warranty on the spool gun.
    On the spool gun I will put a dinse connector on the power lead and a male quick disconnect on the gas line. On the welder I will cut the existing gas line that goes to the wire feed assembly and put a female quick disconnect on the solenoid side of the hose and a male quick disconnect on the wire feed assembly side. That is the only mod to the welder.
    To run the MIG gun all the connections will be as normal and the gas line female quick disconnect will be connected to the male connector that goes to the MIG gun.
    To run the spool gun, remove the MIG gun dinse connector, amphenol connector and disconnect the gas line. Leave the MIG gun in place with the wire connected thru it.
    On the spool gun, insert the dinse connector and amphenol connector to the welder then attach the quick disconnect gas line to the spool gun.
    Sounds more complicated than it is. Takes less than 10 seconds and you are ready to go.
    Hope that helps explain my thought on this.
    Forgot to thank Brand X for this idea. He uses it on the Klutch 220Si but doesn't need to go thru all the hassles since that welder already has the gas quick disconnect and the spool gun uses separate cables verses a single connector.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully changing the gas line on the machine won't void the warranty? I would rather void the warranty on the gun than the machine. I get it though and makes for quick changeovers for sure. Yeah looks like you need a female connector port.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this is part of the puzzle you need IDK?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tweco-Profax...3D181890058029

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to thank Brand X for this idea. He uses it on the Klutch 220Si but doesn't need to go thru all the hassles since that welder already has the gas quick disconnect and the spool gun uses separate cables verses a single connector.
    So simple, and the way Esab use to setup their spool-guns..(somewhat) The spool-gun pin into the mig gun is just silly on so many levels..Hobart started that trend on the HH-210..

My reman klutch shows up tomorrow 140si, and it will take the same spool-gun as the 220si.. Oh yea..$250 delivered. Wanted one since i sold off my last one to my friend.. He needed it more then I did.. Picked a Champion 3500 inverter in the mean time, and wanted a 120 volt mig for it..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Received the Rebel 215ic today, the spool gun will be mid next week. Good news (for me) - the welder gas hose will not have to be cut. The solenoid is exposed on the inside and has threaded connectors.
    Name:  Wire feed and solenoid.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  154.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I just removed the solenoid on mine testing flow after the solenoid. I did not get the impression the fittings unscrewed from the solenoid housing. Maybe i was just being a little too cautious but if memory serves me the in/out threaded ends on the solenoid are built in solid. Did you take the solenoid off and verify yet?
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 06-23-2017 at 12:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist