+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are back!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We are back!

Every time I click the upload tab, it resets the chosen file to nothing chosen...
    Maybe I'll reconnect and reset my stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say thanks again tech help. When I got on yesterday I thought I was having a alizihemer moment. Checked this morning and successful log in. Great job all envolved

Post Thanks / Like

Good to get the forum back, I think I was starting to get the shakes without it.

Many thanks to Steve (7A749) and Zapster and the rest of the Mod Squad, and to Penton and all the folks behind the scenes who make this place possible.

Now that I've got my hand stamped, it's time to go find the Beer Truck!
    Last edited by Kelvin; 03-03-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Waynesworld-giphy.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  12.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see things are rolling again.

Didn't realize how much I use this site for references, inspiration and just plain browsing of other aspects of the welding trade
    Red Seal Journeyman Welder (2003), Red Seal Journeyman Metal Fabricator (2018), Welding Engineering Technologist (2005)
    Pressure - ASME Section IX
    Structural - CSA W47.1, CSA W47.2
    Transport tanker - CSA B620
    Aerospace - AWS D17.1

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much to the tech folks who keep everything running! I had a hard time getting back in w/ inability to reset password, but today it worked! I read some scary rumors about welding web while the server was down and am relieved it's back up and running. One of those rumors was that this site isn't profitable for Penton, almost sounded like it was a monetary burden. If that is the case, could a "donation support" system via paypal be set up to offset this? I don't know what that would entail, I suspect it would at a minimum require going to ssl. I know some small sites that do that along with very very minimal advertising. I hardly post, but realized how much I missed welding web while it was down!

Post Thanks / Like

A big heart felt "THANK YOU" to all involved getting the web site back up and running! I have only been in the back ground watching and learning and just down right enjoyed reading the post from other users! I was totally out of sorts while site was down! I could not imagine not being able to go to my "HAPPY PLACE"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling a lot of people are still having problems logging on, as I did. I entered my name and then password and it says I've used 2 out of 5 tries. Then 3 out of 5. Tried re-registering and it says this page is unavailable. The way I was able to get back on was to click on the login through facebook at the very top of the page. That allowed me to get into the registration page where I was able to use my same name and password. All my stats are reset again, and lost all my friends and subscriptions, but, oh well. At least I'm able to post again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    If that is the case, could a "donation support" system via paypal be set up to offset this? I don't know what that would entail, I suspect it would at a minimum require going to ssl. I know some small sites that do that along with very very minimal advertising. I hardly post, but realized how much I missed welding web while it was down!
    Unfortunately, that would probably not keep it going, if the powers that be want to quit on the site. I watched a really good site go down in flames even though there were donations coming in and a lot of people posting. They even had a live chat room that we could chat in real time to others. The site was So-CalRC.com. I offered to be a moderator and keep the site going, when I noticed all the other moderators slowly drifting away, but they did nothing. Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EF5_Tornado View Post
    Unfortunately, that would probably not keep it going, if the powers that be want to quit on the site. I watched a really good site go down in flames even though there were donations coming in and a lot of people posting. They even had a live chat room that we could chat in real time to others. The site was So-CalRC.com. I offered to be a moderator and keep the site going, when I noticed all the other moderators slowly drifting away, but they did nothing. Bummer.
    They could have just dropped this site and that would have been that.
    If it did happen we had other options on the table.

But it got brought back and true there are some little annoyances still happening but if ya see something that aint right say something.

We are listening!

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zapster View Post
    They could have just dropped this site and that would have been that.
    If it did happen we had other options on the table.

But it got brought back and true there are some little annoyances still happening but if ya see something that aint right say something.

We are listening!

...zap!
    Will do zap. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see it back... as for the pics disappearing in older threads, sometimes that's a host issue (like photobucket)... I wish more guys would post the actual file to keep things here. Hopefully the cloud system works and we won't have to endure another Penton implosion. Given the lost info from the last 6 months and the re-evaluation of what the threads are doing, I would like to suggest another sticky. When Doug started the one on blacksmithing it was originally intended as a catalogue of related threads, but slowly morphed into forging projects. Given the popularity of the topic, I think it should be split into 1 sticky called Forging threads (keeping the original intent of Doug's post) , and another called forging projects for current builds. Yes, I'm aware that there is a sticky for forging tools, but that seems to be a separate topic.
    Last edited by whtbaron; 03-07-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from a convention, and just tried like I had many times before and was pleasantly surprised that the site is back up and running! Yay!! Not sure who robb is is but a big thanks for going to bat man, I guess I never realized how much I used this website for information and just to see what was going on. Keep up the good work guys! Just noticed that it shows iv'e only made 15 posts?? Most likely due to some data loss, guess I better get busy.. lol

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered what happened. Thought I'd been 86ed for some reason, even though I hadn't done anything :-)

Like everybody else, I was at loose ends.

Thanks to all who keep this going.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy this site is back up and running! Thank you to all who were involved with getting WW back up and running, it's an amazing resource for guys like myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why I was banned. I guess it was just a group thing. Good work getting it up and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arcflash View Post
    I was wondering why I was banned. I guess it was just a group thing. Good work getting it up and running.
    I hardly post and when I do I don't think I'm ever offensive, but that popped in my head too. Like "huh.. maybe I got banned cause I don't offer anything useful!" But there is a website https://www.downoruprightnow.com that you can check to see if it's just you who is having problems or if it's widespread.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist