+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HTP ProPulse200 Hacked For Push-Pull w/ On-The-Fly Volts & Wire Speed

Post Thanks / Like

HTP ProPulse200 Hacked For Push-Pull w/ On-The-Fly Volts & Wire Speed

Yeah,

I noticed and watched this new video today, as it was a cool hack by ZILA on an HTP ProPulse 200, by using a Push-Pull gun with it, which included a synergic pot control on the gun, that adjusts, on-the-fly, for both wire speed and voltage while welding.

Apparently (an ESAB air-operated) the push-pull gun costs as much as the HTP unit itself, though.

But ZILA mentions in his comments at the YouTube Channel site, that a low-cost alternative is in the works too. I believe it'll be a synergic pot for a standard MIG whip. Nice:

ZILA
    1 hour ago
    “Jason, start saving ! this is an expensive add on .... the push pull gun is just as much as the machine ... LOL. .... but if you do a lot of aluminum and you don't want to reposition the machine all the time .... it can come in really handy ... I think the biggest advantage is controlling the welding parameters as you go ... and there is a solution coming ... even on the regular mig gun ..... stay tuned .... and I am talking of an affordable solution .... less than $200 not 2g !”
    Show less

Anyway, I thought this is a pretty cool hack on an already brilliant HTP unit, thanks to the modding/pioneering of ZILA, even though I’m not a subscriber to the ZILA or ChuckE2009 Channel. But I don’t subscribe to any YouTube Channel, not even my own. Ha, ha, ha…

I just thought this one was a savvy innovation and hack that is worth sharing on WW.

Fun stufffff.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 03-08-2018 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist