Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESAB Rebel 205ic

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB Rebel 205ic

Anyone seen this unit at SEMA?
    Name:  placeholder_w_accys.jpg
Views: 5670
Size:  79.0 KB
    It looks interesting, 49 pounds and up to 235 amps output for AC/DC MTS. The duty cycles are problematic in my opinion, even for a portable machine.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB Rebel 205ic

Just videos of it at SEMA
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Not 100% functional with many parameters locked down so they could not be tested fully by the users. Since their promised introduction, their prices have risen a lot and production delayed. Everlast's have been out since July of last year, and our second, more powerful unit is out now.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

One thing adjust ESAB, they have been painfully delayed on most of their product releases since the merger/buyout. Would love to try one out sometime
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure it will be a solid unit when released. I don’t mind waiting for a finished unit vs. getting it sooner only to find out I am the beta tester.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

I have access to a couple of the 215 rebels. When I'm finished with school in a couple months, I will finally have the opportunity to go play with them.
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you teaching or learning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    I have access to a couple of the 215 rebels. When I'm finished with school in a couple months, I will finally have the opportunity to go play with them.
    I'm finishing up my degree, totally unrelated to welding.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it at SEMA, it was not a fully functional unit. When it does get released I would not have any concerns buying one. ESAB has about the best warranty in the industry, at least that has been the case in the Rebel line. I think it will be a great welder once it's all sorted out. The arc was real nice from my limited use. I would like to get my hands on one for more in depth testing. ESAB has impressed me with thier dedication to this Rebel thing, made a believer out of me.

I have two Rebels, very tough machines, the guts are about as well made as I have ever seen. The first 215's had a few issues in the beginning, but think that has all been corrected, at least in my case. No issues on my 235. There is not another portable welder on the market like this that can take the abuse and poor environments. Not saying it is perfect, but pretty damn close.

Don't worry about the duty cycle, the fans on these push a lot of air. Trust me you can't burn up a 215 putting tape over the vents and running it full bore for about 45 minutes. I have tried to kill these and can't, hopefully the 205's will be just as good.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Owned 3 ESAB machines and they have all been great.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen these on the market yet?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Not yet. Have not been looking but every time I look at welding supply inventory says out of stock.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see one, cant wait forever to buy my next welder....
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Nope only seen press releases.

Post Thanks / Like

Judging by the Rebels currently in production, I would assume it will be safe to assume this will be a very nice product. My guess is they are tweeking the machine and squeezing every ounce of power but also turning it down so it has long life span. The guy I spoke with at Fab tech back in 2016 told me they dialed the original Rebel down a bit. Told me it was a pretty friking capable machine, way more than the final release version. They figure you get more life out of a a machine that has better duty cycle. Probably another instance of engineers and testers butting heads and trying to land on a machine they are all confident in releasing.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 09-10-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FuelieNova View Post
    I would like to see one, cant wait forever to buy my next welder....
    Tom
    If serious about it, buy a HTP Pro Pulse 300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XMilitary View Post
    If serious about it, buy a HTP Pro Pulse 300
    Ha, my budget is quite to that level yet...
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the LWS and asked them about the 205. Their response was lets call them and ask!
    When they called they were told October release but who really knows.
    I really want welder that does it all... I know Everlast has a nice 221 but I just cannot get past the mail in warranty.
    I can wait until December before I have to purchase another welder, my current one is getting me by for now.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FuelieNova View Post
    I was at the LWS and asked them about the 205. Their response was lets call them and ask!
    When they called they were told October release but who really knows.
    I really want welder that does it all... I know Everlast has a nice 221 but I just cannot get past the mail in warranty.
    I can wait until December before I have to purchase another welder, my current one is getting me by for now.
    Tom
    I can relate on the budget matter but HTP pulse pro is my current 'can do anything I else I want in one welding box' welder.
    I have to laugh at the mail in comment however, since you won't find it any different if warranty service is needed. LWS's won't service anything under warranty unless you bought it from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XMilitary View Post
    LWS's won't service anything under warranty unless you bought it from them.
    I never found that to be the case. Many service centers are available for Esab,Miller. Lincoln, machines.. I never had to ship one major machine back, only cheap E-bay/Amazon China crap.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I never found that to be the case. Many service centers are available for Esab,Miller. Lincoln, machines.. I never had to ship one major machine back, only cheap E-bay/Amazon China crap.
    Same here, ESAB, Miller, Lincoln can be dropped at my LWS for warranty service since they are an authorized dealer for all three, regardless of where purchased as long as you have the original purchase receipt from any authorized dealer.
    Last edited by Jawslandshark; 09-17-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

On top of what you said Chris, I have never needed a receipt as long as the Date on the machine was in Warranty. Just what I have found over the years.. I would like to point out when I said China crap, it's the low end bottom feeder stuff ,that's mail order back only.. Been a while since I owned any of their welding machines..
    Last edited by Brand X; 09-17-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

I agree... My LWS is amazing, I buy all my consumables, gas etc from them. I stop in there so much to buy stuff they even told me to check craigslist etc for welders, evidently the profit margins must be low on welders
    The thing is, for some reason I really wanted to try an Everlast 221 this time, not sure why, maybe see if all the negative stuff is true. Im just a incredibly small business and cannot afford to make a mistake. Shipping cost can add up after 30 days if needed.
    We will see what Oct - Nov brings.....
    Tg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    Same here, ESAB, Miller, Lincoln can be dropped at my LWS for warranty service since they are an authorized dealer for all three, regardless of where purchased as long as you have the original purchase receipt from any authorized dealer.
    I have a service center right here in town. Quick, clean, easy. Now, waiting for parts to arrive is another story.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will find out how good this welder is... I stopped in my LWS, they told me that the welders will be shipping to them Oct 3rd. I put $1K down to order mine, I will be in Israel until the 12th so won't get to try it out for a while.
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist