+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Post Thanks / Like

Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

I did some bata testing on this unit and posted it on here but it must have gotten lost when the site crashed.

Anyway they are in and are for sale on Amazon here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/PRIMEWELD-Sti...K5Q5HN40DGVHE9
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Wow,

That's interesting, George.

And it's cool that a WW member is a beta tester of a new unit like this coming to market.

This one looks like it hits the same selling points as the AHP AlphaTIG, for price ($699, delivered), features, included extras, etc.

Plus, 225 amps, too!
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 04-08-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Wow,

That's interesting, George.

And it's cool that a WW member is a beta tester of a new unit like this coming to market.

This one looks like it hits the same selling points as the AHP AlphaTIG, for price, features, included extras, etc.

Plus, 225 amps, too!
    Geez..like flies to $hit..................LMFAO............................................................ .................................................. ...........couldnt help it CL..........

Post Thanks / Like

Nah,

Just not a Debbie Downer...

Of course, I don't mind the banter or antagonism, Hobby. And I'm recently enjoying our semi-debate in the Political Thread, which I seem to be driven into, due to some recent posts of mine being placed there. Previously, I never even bothered to look or post in that thread. But I might start loading up there, since that might be the only place, other than the Everlast Area, that I'm immune from the snowflakes and crybabies. Ha, ha, ha... Otherwise, hopefully the complainers won't come out in George's thread and beg the moderators to relieve their anxiety (as if I'm actually causing it). There's nothing to really cry about here.

I think a new AC/DC TIG unit with AC frequency control to 200Hz is great. 225 amps is a cool niche in amperage, too.

Maybe George will inform us on the max duty-cycle and begin in this thread to give his fuller impression of the AC arc characteristics and HF starts, etc, as I didn't the thread that George did on this unit, only an earlier 250 amp Eastwood MIG unit, that he liked well.

I've seen numerous, extremely good user/buyer feedback regarding other units (identical to one I owned for several years) from the PrimeWeld importer, which reportedly has outstanding support too.

https://www.amazon.com/PrimeWeld-Ct5...imeweld+welder

It's a good time for welding!

Name:  913RLhe1O9L._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 14148
Size:  129.1 KB
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 04-08-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    Geez..like flies to $hit..................LMFAO............................................................ .................................................. ...........couldnt help it CL..........
    This did not need to be said.

Nah,

Of course, I don't mind the banter or antagonism, Hobby. And I'm recently enjoying our semi-debate in the Political Thread, which I seem to be driven into, due to some recent posts of mine being placed there. Previously, I never even bothered to look or post in that thread. But I might start loading up there, since that might be the only place, other than the Everlast Area, that I'm immune from the snowflakes and crybabies. Ha, ha, ha... Otherwise, hopefully the complainers won't come out in George's thread and beg the moderators to relieve their anxiety (as if I'm actually causing it). There's nothing to really cry about here.
    Let's put this right out in the open then.

I get almost zero complaints about people, when I do get them, they are mostly about you.

You think it's fun to poke at people in welding threads, many members do not agree.

In the political thread, very little matters to members and I don't get complaints.

You are on borrowed time, again.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

6. Likes wmgeorge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

George. Got any more info on your testing or experience with this machine and it's accessories? Are you going to be doing warranty work for them?
    US or Chinese based distributor?
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Man it didn't take long for this to go down hill

From the testing I did it worked as well as most tig welders in this price range, they did make thing standard as suggested like the 1/2" dinse and 5/8" x 18 argon fittings as well as updating to a real CK 17FX torch.

Anyway for anyone that would like to have some info on this unit here is some.

10 to 225 amps, AC/DC w/pulse, 120/240 volt, pre and post flow, Ck flex head torch 12 1/2' SF hose with 1/2" dinse with 5/8"x18 standard argon fittings.

Duty cycle 120 volt
    TIG 40% @ 140, 100% @ 108
    MMA 40% @ 120, 100% @ 76

Duty cycle 240 volt
    TIG 40% @ 225, 100% @ 155
    MMA 40% @ 180, 100% @ 139

3 Year warranty

For more info contact Primeweld @ primeclickllc@gmail.com

Sold by a seller here in the USA and has been around for a few years has good feedback.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-08-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MinnesotaDave;8608044]This did not need to be said.

I was just having some fun with him, nothing more and not a dig at mechanics post.....

Post Thanks / Like

Nah,

I think a new AC/DC TIG unit with AC frequency control to 200Hz is great. 225 amps is a cool niche in amperage, too.

Maybe George will inform us on the max duty-cycle and begin in this thread to give his fuller impression of the AC arc characteristics and HF starts, etc, as I didn't the thread that George did on this unit, only an earlier 250 amp Eastwood MIG unit, that he liked well.

I've seen numerous, extremely good user/buyer feedback regarding other units (identical to one I owned for several years) from the PrimeWeld importer, which reportedly has outstanding support too.

https://www.amazon.com/PrimeWeld-Ct5...imeweld+welder

It's a good time for welding!
    I was just havin some fun with you..I just said to myself you would be the first cheerleader on this ,,and you were.. and no intent to say anything negative about mechanics post on a true review of a welder...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey George, I'm more curious about the business model.

There are an uncountable number of imported machines of various styles and capacities.

I wonder how many "companies" are still companies 5-10 years later?

How did you get chosen as a beta tester? Has the company (not the re-seller) been making welders for a long time?

Do you think the trend of "throw away" machines will continue to expand, or eventually even out somehow?
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    This did not need to be said.
    But it was still funny. George is a good guy, so I would like to hear more about it and his experience with it.
    And if a certain person says Black Swan anywhere in this or any other thread, they should be automatically banned. Hehe. No skirting the rules like this either...
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, ha...

Yeah, Southpaw, is that a trigger for you?

Otherwise, 40% duty-cycle at 225 amps on 240 volts is quite good on a TIG unit.

Yeah, no sweat, Hobby! But I'll recommed that you figure out how to "Reply With Quote" with only a snippet of the quote, so that the thread doesn't become so tacky.

And, Dave, some of these PrimeWeld units are identical to the Lotos stuff, and the GiantTech CAT520D Combo that I bought years ago, which outlasted the warrantee, and is still used by a friend.

The PrimeWeld importer seems to have good support and user feedback. Even a unit like the CAT520D can be repaired, after warrantee, I believe, in other places beyond the importer, too.

Maybe even George himself could handle repairing some PrimeWeld units in the years to come, if PrimeWeld folds up its proverbial tent.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, All I can say is I was asked by the seller to test a few welders and plasma cutters. I had dealt with the seller before so I said sure. The units were shipped to me in plain boxes with no names on them they were all proto types. I opened every unit up to see how they were made and tested them told them what was wrong with them, how to improve them, if they were even worth selling.

I really don't know who made them for sure, but from being inside them I think I know who made a few and they have been around for some time.

Here is my take on "throw away" machines,

As far as how long the new style welders will last its hard to say. The trouble is that once someone makes a good unit and puts it on the market, someone copys it with lesser quality parts and drops the price the good ones stop selling and are not made or imported.

Case in point Lincoln SW TIG 200 and the Vulcan PRO-TIG 200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Dave, All I can say is I was asked by the seller to test a few welders and plasma cutters. I had dealt with the seller before so I said sure. The units were shipped to me in plain boxes with no names on them they were all proto types. I opened every unit up to see how they were made and tested them told them what was wrong with them, how to improve them, if they were even worth selling.

I really don't know who made them for sure, but from being inside them I think I know who made a few and they have been around for some time.

Here is my take on "throw away" machines,

As far as how long the new style welders will last its hard to say. The trouble is that once someone makes a good unit and puts it on the market, someone copys it with lesser quality parts and drops the price the good ones stop selling and are not made or imported.

Case in point Lincoln SW TIG 200 and the Vulcan PRO-TIG 200
    My future crystal ball says that we (the USA) will be forever importing cheap machines that may or may not work.

It will end up like the Craftsman company - and the various companies that sell the same product.
    Each new model will be from a different source and will be unknown for reliability - several companies will get large enough to also buy the same machines in different paint. When that line runs out, the process will start again.

There will be no continuity and name brands will end up not mattering very much. The "quest" will be who can sell the same box the cheapest.

I think the heavy industrial units like Invertec 350 pro and such will be unaffected. Same for the large Dynasty machines.
    No mass produced profit to be had copying such an expensive machine.
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    George. Got any more info on your testing or experience with this machine and it's accessories? Are you going to be doing warranty work for them?
    US or Chinese based distributor?
    All I can say is the control face plate and color is the same as the one I tested. I have not tested the production units and have not been asked to. I do not know who will be doing the warranty work for them, as I was not asked to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,

I wouldn't be surprise if PrimeWeld gets or has an exclusive deal with the factory for this particular TIG unit design in the N.A. marketplace.

I mean, I haven't seen it anywhere before.

Time will tell.

But PrimeWeld seems like a strong upstart/importer here.

I mean, I paid $549, delivered, on sale, for my GiantTech CAT520D TIG/Plasma unit, over seven years ago.

And today, PrimeWeld has the identical unit on Amazon for $399, delivered.

That is really amazing to me, especially with being contrary to Federal Reserve monetary and price inflation, targeted at 2% per year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    All I can say is the control face plate and color is the same as the one I tested. I have not tested the production units and have not been asked to. I do not know who will be doing the warranty work for them, as I was not asked to do it.
    What did you think of the actual arc quality and features? Accessories are same generic Chinese stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

What did you think of the actual arc quality and features? Accessories are same generic Chinese stuff?
    To "me" it welds as good as most tig welders in that price range, and should work well for most small shops, light production work and hobby welders. Other then the addition of the CK torch all the same old stuff, but that helps keep the price down and it works.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-08-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Did you take the cover off and get any pics of the insides

Post Thanks / Like

I take the cover off all welders and plasma cutters that come in the shop for repair or testing before I even plug them in.

Pictures, yes but they were sent on to the seller with do's, don't and changes to be made. I didn't keep them as proto type machines have things not even tied down wires going every which way, and a lot of this gets changed and are not what you get in the end.

I had one welder and one plasma cutter that was DOA, got the welder working but wasn't up to par so it got scraped. Was getting ready to scrap out the plasma cutter but got it working last week, so I will keep it in the shop for my own use until it dies or I give it away to a needy person.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-09-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok this will trigger Christian.

But I find it interesting that it seems more companies are reaching out to users in the industry for testing and design input with these beta testers. Like what they did with you and with Terry. I think the internet has a lot to do with it as well. It can make or break your product. I came across a brand of winch I had never heard of on another welding forum thread, Engo. Read about the user's experience, read a shootout in a popular magazine, they picked this winch 3rd and the warn 1st. Even though the warn actually grenaded itself in the stall test and leaked brown crud in the underwater test. The Engo was only 1 of 2 winches to pass all the tests. So there is obvious bias to their biggest advertisers. But internet comments on the product get the name out there. Individual users experiences count for a lot. I'm sure Terry has been responsible for some members buying a Vulcan welder.
    Hopefully they will send you the updated version based on your input and you can have more to say about it.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 04-09-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the other welder brands have already taken all the exciting colors, except for pink.... They chose black, is it a "Black Unicorn"? I guess in China there is only one shade of green and it's already spoken for.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    I guess the other welder brands have already taken all the exciting colors, except for pink.... They chose black, is it a "Black Unicorn"? I guess in China there is only one shade of green and it's already spoken for.
    Lincoln turns pink if you leave it out in the sun long enough

Post Thanks / Like

Ok this will trigger Christian.
    Maybe, but he won't be able to respond. #ban hammer
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Maybe, but he won't be able to respond. #ban hammer
    He is correct.
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist