+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Norton Antivirus Report

Post Thanks / Like

Norton Antivirus Report

Anybody else getting this warning from Norton Antivirus "Weldingweb.com" is a malicious website with the big red pixel screen.

Link of report:https://safeweb.norton.com/report/sh...source=toolbar

Screenshot of report.............oof !cannot upload photos

Here's the alleged naughty software (http://weldingweb.com/mobiquo/tapata...ery-1.7.min.js)

Doesn't bother me because I don't use Tapatalk,Just curious.
    I'd have to be weird,To grow me a beard,Just to see what the rednecks would do

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Norton Antivirus Report

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggatoo View Post
    Anybody else getting this warning from Norton Antivirus "Weldingweb.com" is a malicious website with the big red pixel screen.
    Never seen it. I'm running Linux, not sure if Norton even has software to run on it...

I wonder if you could reinstall your Windows Operating System? That's always a good way to spend the next couple days updating it all to get back to the point where you're at.

I hope it works out ok for you.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not windows. Norton does list the site as blacklisted due to a malicious file in the tapatalk app files. A few online scanners are flagging the same. It is worth looking into by whoever is in charge for sure. This is not an https secured url so the two combined could potentially put user info at risk. On the other hand, I quit using Norton / Symantec long ago for various reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    This is not an https secured url .
    Yeah,

Thats the biggest problem with the Welding web. IMO.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not windows. Norton does list the site as blacklisted due to a malicious file in the tapatalk app files. A few online scanners are flagging the same. It is worth looking into by whoever is in charge for sure. This is not an https secured url so the two combined could potentially put user info at risk. On the other hand, I quit using Norton / Symantec long ago for various reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Yeah,

Thats the biggest problem with the Welding web. IMO.
    Decided I would test the link on my testing desktop. The link does get flagged.

Does appear to be related to Tapatalk. Not sure if people actually use that app anymore but if anyone is it might be a good idea to exercise some caution.

Post Thanks / Like

Does appear to be related to Tapatalk. Not sure if people actually use that app anymore but if anyone is it might be a good idea to exercise some caution.
    I use tapatalk for WW and other forums... for couple years..

haven't had any problems so far

what exactly should tapatalk users be doing?
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    I use tapatalk for WW and other forums... for couple years..

haven't had any problems so far

what exactly should tapatalk users be doing?
    Not sure what you should be doing but it appears the corrupt file has to do with that app. Most forums work as well or better in a browser now anyway. I’m not the admin here but there is an obvious issue that likely caused the previous crash of the site and the difficulty with image uploads. I admin my own forums and take security seriously. While it might not be what it seems it appears the site was or is compromised and that’s obviously not good. For whatever reason, Norton has blacklisted the site so that also hurts the ranking of the site and such. Rather be welding but my building isn’t ready to use. This is all I can contribute otherwise at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you should be doing but it appears the corrupt file has to do with that app. Most forums work as well or better in a browser now anyway. I’m not the admin here but there is an obvious issue that likely caused the previous crash of the site and the difficulty with image uploads. I admin my own forums and take security seriously. While it might not be what it seems it appears the site was or is compromised and that’s obviously not good. For whatever reason, Norton has blacklisted the site so that also hurts the ranking of the site and such. Rather be welding but my building isn’t ready to use. This is all I can contribute otherwise at this point.
    OK thanks.

well,
    tapatalk is very convienent when I'm on the road with time to kill...
    a lot more easier to navigate than a browser.. not to mention the ability to post pictures in a couple seconds...
    I also like the thread notifications .... I have shut e mail notifications off on most forums.... don't want to be bothered...
    and with WW they were never accurate or on time anyway. (although I've been told thats fixed)

I just updated tapatalk app on my phone, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

I think 3 times now during the last to weeks while being on WW something has seemed to have taken over my computer and starts running hard in the background to where it stops responding to my mouse clicks and keyboard input. I've had to do the ctrl/alt/delete thing to get task manager opened but it doesn't show that any thing is running, not even IE Explore (which is still open on the screen). So I've just reached over shut the power off (I know that's not the best way to shut down) and unplugged the internet connection cable. Then after a minute or so plug the cable back in and turn the power back on. After the normal 5 minute or so boot up time everything goes back to working like it normally does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    I think 3 times now during the last to weeks while being on WW something has seemed to have taken over my computer and starts running hard in the background to where it stops responding to my mouse clicks and keyboard input. I've had to do the ctrl/alt/delete thing to get task manager opened but it doesn't show that any thing is running, not even IE Explore (which is still open on the screen). So I've just reached over shut the power off (I know that's not the best way to shut down) and unplugged the internet connection cable. Then after a minute or so plug the cable back in and turn the power back on. After the normal 5 minute or so boot up time everything goes back to working like it normally does.
    that makes me think penton media crash was a hack and they wont say it was and there could be Trojan horse viruses floating around, not sure for fact, but with all the weird stuff going on it could be..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist