+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for suggestions... I want to change out my mig guns

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for suggestions... I want to change out my mig guns

I currently have all Bernard guns. Some from pre-Miller some after buyout. They are all the centerfire models, 200, 300, and 400 amp guns.

I absolutely hate these miller made guns. In my 200 amp guns which I use in my passports and smaller mugs, they suck *** and they are all miller (Bernard) guns. The 400 amp gun is fantastic but that was pre-Miller.

What high quality mig guns to you all run. I need 3-200 amp guns for my portable use. I disconnect them from machines every time so the liners don't get messed up. I want to eventually change all of the guns to 1 company to keep consumables the same between trucks and shop.

My aluma pro gun and 30A gun are the only decent guns from miller anymore.

All are 15' long as well.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for suggestions... I want to change out my mig guns

Hi Country Metals You might try Kent welding guns I have a 400amp that I use and very happy with. They are in Canada but their service is great and they will custom order for you. If you go with them let me know how you like them as I used them for parts one time and was very happy with there service. I was looking for a discontinued part and they sent it no charge, great customer service. Thanks John53

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Tweco 200A mig guns and they have been bulletproof through the years. I find them easy to handle. I have one Bernard gun and it's 400A which I like a lot too after converting to the centerfire tips. It has a lot of Tregaskis lables on it so assume someone bought someone there.....
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Post Thanks / Like

Tweco 200's and 400's here. I use adaptors on the machines so the guns will work on all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all Bernard OEM (not made for Miller ones) guns with Centerfire consumables and they have all been fantastic. Never had an issue. I guess YMMV
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 of the miller roughneck c4015 mig guns on my 70 miller feeders, I bought a Bernard Q gun of some sort with the big body handle and the centerfire tips and I hated it. The centerfire tips I felt were just too wobbly and the little crappy diffuser shield in there was a joke I thought. I took the parts off and converted it to a miller fasttip like on the spoolguns. I also just got a Bernard BERQ4015TE5EMC which is the exact same as the miller 4015 roughnecks I have that miller must have sold off to Bernard. Now I only stock the miller fasttips or same Bernard Quiktips for all guns and the spoolguns. I had one miller M gun but I got tired of fighting with turning the tip to try to get it apart when me or somebody destroyed the tip so the fasttip took care of that. I also like the slimmer handle on the miller roughneck and the Bernard copy, with the other bigger Bernard gun that I converted to fastips it gets to be bulky to handle with thick gloves on.

Post Thanks / Like

We use Binzel pro series guns almost exclusively. 36 evo pro for bigger stuff, 25 evo pro for smaller stuff. Absolutely no complaints. Binzel OE tips last a long time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist