+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mods needed to run a Miller 22A wire feeder from a Bobcat 225

Post Thanks / Like

Mods needed to run a Miller 22A wire feeder from a Bobcat 225

Hello All

I have a 2012 Bobcat 225 CC/CV engine drive without a remote control receptacle. I plan to upgrade to a late model Trailblazer, which would have a remote port, when a nice used one pops up at a reasonable price.

I have a chance to buy an "as new" 2005 Miller 22A wire feeder that has the Roughneck gun in a fitted case. Some of the accessories are still in the factory bags. The supposedly first ever 44 pound roll of ER70S-6 .035 wire is on the feeder and the roll seems to have less than 3/8" run off it. I can likely get the 22a for $400 or less. I have a very low miles LN-25 so a second feeder would let me leave flux core in the LN-25 and solid sire in the 22A or to have two diameters set up.

When the smoke clears (no pun intended) from upgrading my welding stuff I hope to be using something like an XMT for stick welding and as a wire feeder power source here at home so I'll be able to use the remote cable then.

So in the meantime....as I understand things I'll need a 120 volt AC to 24 volt transformer (150 VA?) to power the feeder and will have a hot electrode and contact tip unless I add in a contactor. If someone can help me out with a shopping list for the transformer and maybe a contactor parts I'd appreciate it. Or, if there is an existing thread on the subject, please point me to it. Even using the advanced search function to look for "Bobcat" and "22A" seems to bring up every thread with either word and I'm not seeing a choice to limit hits to threads with both words in a search.....

Thanks
    Lance

Multimatic 255 w/MDX-250 EZ-Select gun
    Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
    Heck Bevel Mill 4000
    Miller/Smith heavy duty torch set
    9" Evolution circular saw

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mods needed to run a Miller 22A wire feeder from a Bobcat 225

If you're up to a lot of work . . .
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.ph...ghlight=bobcat

Something similar could be done in a stand-alone unit as well. Either way, 'bout the time you got all the parts and pieces together you'd find your Trailblazer deal of the year.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mods needed to run a Miller 22A wire feeder from a Bobcat 225

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    If you're up to a lot of work . . .
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.ph...ghlight=bobcat

Something similar could be done in a stand-alone unit as well. Either way, 'bout the time you got all the parts and pieces together you'd find your Trailblazer deal of the year.
    Thanks for the reply. You're right about the Trailblazer hunt though. A nice 2015 TB 325 gasser popped up about 80 miles from me two weeks ago with a $3600 asking price and 750ish operating hours. I had just bought two sharp LN-25s from a state agency auction including one that didn't seem to have ever had wire in it. I flipped one of them and sold my old 1990 LN-25 while keeping one of the newer machines. In the meantime the TB popped up and was sold within a week but my play money was tied up. I got paid for the sale of the LN-25s the day after the TB was sold....

Oh well, back to hunting...... My 2012 Bobcat only has 517 hours and is in great shape so I'm in no big rush and can afford to wait for another really good deal to come along.

Lance

EDIT: HELP! Some of the pics loaded sideways and a few of them were loaded by accident. The edit feature won't let me delete the pics. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by LanceR; 09-05-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Lance

Multimatic 255 w/MDX-250 EZ-Select gun
    Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
    Heck Bevel Mill 4000
    Miller/Smith heavy duty torch set
    9" Evolution circular saw

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist