+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ?? HTP flex neck gun ?? - anyone have exp. w/ it

Post Thanks / Like

?? HTP flex neck gun ?? - anyone have exp. w/ it

I'm wanting a small manueverable MIG gun for an LN-25 feeder (lincoln end), prefetably 15'. I see these HTP guns on ebay etc., for replacing the 100l guns off Lincoln mini migs. I've seen them listed as 100amp and 150 amp on ebay/amazons/etc., but on the dealers factory website I don't see any amp rating on them.

The tips/nozzles/difusser/liner are standard to lincolns, but when you go to a flex neck, its my understanding these parts are a thing of there own, and need to buy them from HTP.

So, any of you guys have/use any of these HTP guns that are from usaweld.com, if so what you think ? Anyone know what there amp rating really is, and how well the guns tips/consumables etc hold up, or problems? I want a light small gun, that I intend on running stainless .035 cored wire through it to go around pipe, so i want the something easy to handle.

I'm open for suggestions of any other type guns.
    I was considering Profax TSX 160 gun in a flex, but they don't offer it w/ a lincoln end (and don't know what I'd need to do to change it), so I'd probably need to step up to a TSX 180 amp for a lincoln end. Profax is kinda short on the phone, and wouldnt send me any pics (like HTP, and Masterweld did) of them, so, unless I'm swayed otherwise, I'll probably let them keep there stuff. Masterweld/Inweld makes a small gun (150 amp i think), only 12 foot length though, but no flex neck. So any feedback on any of these, or other suggestions/brands would probably be appreciated
    Last edited by 123weld; 09-10-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ?? HTP flex neck gun ?? - anyone have exp. w/ it

?? HTP flex neck gun ?? - anyone have exp. w/ it

I got one about a year ago ,like it just fine, hooked up my eastwood 250 mig , only 12ft long but takes Lincoln consumables,price was reasonable too!
    Bob
    Thermal Arc T-Bird 270 Amp gas welder
    Thermal Arc Pro Wave 185
    PowerArc 200
    Riland 60 Plasma
    Miller suitcase 12vs wire feeder,
    180 Amp Diesel Welder Gen
    Ellis 1600 bandsaw
    Imig 205 Mig,Eastwood 250 mig
    Lincoln 250 G9 Pro gas Weldanpower

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, how far can you flex neck, and it'll stay? how many amp gun is yours? my 100L gun has a thread on nozzles, as the video I saw, shows the flex neck has slide on ones. Also, they sell pack of 10 tips for 5 bucks, that sounds pretty cheap, as i buy aftermarkets for almost a buck apiece. htp/usaweld told me tips//diffuser/nozzles/liner are diff. than lincolns. I'm not saying there right.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that I bought to put on my MM252. The welder came with a Bernard 300 amp Q gun and I wanted something lighter and more maneuverable for hard wire welding. I love this gun. I got the M2015-FSBE model which is a 150 amps @ 60% gun. They make a few different flex neck guns with different duty cycles. I think they make a 200 and 250 amp gun, but you really can't tell from their website or ebay store. The best bet is to just call them up. They are great to deal with on the phone. They make the flex neck guns that will EITHER take HTP consumables or the original Lincoln consumables (either or, not both), your choice. The neck is pretty flexible. I can point it straight out or bend it a bit more than 90 degrees.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Louie, I looked at your gun on the website, it has a spring coming off the bottom of the gun. if it's not to much trouble, i'd be curious the od diameter of the hose/lead/whip, whatever you call it. I've been talking to them quite a bit. They tell me i need the "LE150-F" , which the F is for flex. It don't have a spring on bottom of gun, and she says its 150-180 amp. Also, they consistantly say, flex necks use consumables are different than what fits on lincoln 100l guns (older lincoln mini migs).

Post Thanks / Like

The lead OD is 0.58 inches. I would put up with using their consumables in order to get the flex neck. They are dirt cheap, and I believe there are other brand contact tips that you can get at your LWS that will fit
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

thank you Louie for taking that measurement, i called the secretary,and she was nice enough to try to measure, she said it was one line over the half inch mark (bless her poor nieve heart for trying). if i could ever do a favor or two, thats at least semi comperable for u, please let me know. part of m y hangup has been, there cups/nozzles are long/heavier, and dont appear to be brass, and i already got a couple tacle box like tool boxes of different accessories of all these diff guns i got, and this would only add a whole nother breed/line of stuff to keep seperate. but final analysis, is, i think ur right, and ill probabaly order it, as i think it, appears to be the most supportive thing i need for what i got in mind. again thanks doxie and Louie

Post Thanks / Like

I worked on a job welding pipe with .045 duel shield where I was issued one for welding in tight spots in pipe racks, I was welding well outside of its rated amp capacity, around 250 amps, but only used it when it was needed (general purpose gun was a 400 amp tweco) and honestly considering how much abuse it took I was very impressed, I did end up melting it in the end but it stood up to the massive heat overload far better then I ever could have hoped for and I was able to run around 200 pounds of duel shield at 250 amps through it before it finally could take no more, it was very light and it was very handy when welding 30 inch pipes with only 6-8 inches between them.

It came into it's own when welding the guides and line stops in though which were all in very tight spots and the flex head was invaluable.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks ttoks, i'm buying it as similar conditions, ill be on ladder, and pipe is 6in off a wall. like you said, if it gets us through the job, itll be worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Order it up/ If you're dikkin around in a ladder ask Diana to add a precision wound roll of wire to your order for the between the wall and pipe welding.
    That wire rolls off a spool like licked dice.
    I have 4 HTP 15 foot whips in service. one is the flex neck 25(250 amp ?) on my HTP 2400@15 feet.The others are Lincoln 140 with the 150 size @ 15 feet, Miller 211( w a small-ish M15 whip@15 feet) and my ol Millermatic 200, also with an M25@ 15 feet.
    You'll never own another whip unless you get into the 350 plus all day decking when a psychiatrist on hand will be far more important than the mig gun in use.

Post Thanks / Like

why thank you Bonzoo, yes I found Diane is IT, over there. i already got my wire on order somewhere else, though. thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist