+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Friday Deal? No thanks,LWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Friday Deal? No thanks,LWS.

My LWS (which shall remain unnamed) sent out an email with their “incredible” free 4.5” grinder offer.

They have their abrasive grinding discs at UP TO 81% off. Which basically brings their pricing in line with other quality discs (Klingspoor, Pfeerd, Norton etc)

SO. They will give you a FREE Walter grinder (which they value at $420) with every $850 (or more) purchase of their grind wheels.

My interpretation of this Black Friday offer is “Spend $850 for abrasive wheels at at a per wheel price I could pay elsewhere for a few at a time and receive a free ($420 their price) grinder I could purchase elsewhere for less than half that amount).

This offer could only be advantageous to a Purchasing Agent for a manufacturing company who would probably stock up abrasives, and keep the grinders to sell on Craigslist.

Seriously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Friday Deal? No thanks,LWS.

You know, some fat guy behind a desk concerned about paying off his student loans thought that was a good idea. He has a DeGrease in Marketing. He spent days planning this sale. He sent out internal emails seeking and getting permission to make the offer to the general public.
    He's even using a US Hallmark holiday to get it done.
    Do you know how many guys he talked to before making the offer are waiting to call him a boob and get him transferred to a Branch where it's colder than a well digger's azz?

Do your part to help the man rise in the company. Order 12 grinders and a bunch of wheels. Then cancel the order and send the toy grinders back Monday because you thought at that price he was selling real 7" grinders, not pedicure models.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a NATIONAL offering not local. Maybe his colleagues are hoping to transfer him to another planet (with inert gasses so he doesn’t do TOO much damage)

:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    This was a NATIONAL offering not local. Maybe his colleagues are hoping to transfer him to another planet (with inert gasses so he doesn’t do TOO much damage)

X100

Yep, seen similar things going on for quite a few years now, I'm not sure how some places can keep a straight face when selling their 'deals' to people who don't research or have a clue on certain items...

Post Thanks / Like

Let me guess: Airgas?

There's a method to their madness, you know. The point of this comedy of errors is to distract you from noticing that they've doubled (or tripled) their annual fee for bottle lease.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Let me guess: Airgas?

There's a method to their madness, you know. The point of this comedy of errors is to distract you from noticing that they've doubled (or tripled) their annual fee for bottle lease.
    That ain't no lie! I turned my bottles in to them a few years back because they literally trippled the lease cost. I had one of their salesmen tell me in person that I need to go buy my stuff off the internet because they do not want to even deal with the small guys. So be it!

Post Thanks / Like

So small guys are the smart ones and big companies are stupid enough to pay those prices so that's their market?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    So small guys are the smart ones and big companies are stupid enough to pay those prices so that's their market?
    Big companies and entities employ purchasing people who are usually clueless about what they are buying. When the poor bustard supposed to install it gets it he often finds it can't be used. Then a whole other circle yank comes into play and consultants are brought in. It's profitable for the consultant.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist