+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutting tip help

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting tip help

Ok, I got my torch identified as a HARRIS, by the sequence of numbers off the regulators found in the link from the other thread. I would like to get a couple of tips, BUT the HARRIS tips I'm finding have a flat bottom with radial grooves, mine looks more like a victor tip, but I'm not sure.
    There is an additional marking that is damaged approximately centered above the word CRAFTSMAN, it may be a 8 but I cant tell for sure because od some damage there.

The tip is stamped CRAFTSMAN
    5447...B - 3

If anyone can help me out on this I would appreciate it greatly!! Thanks y'all
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cutting tip help

Harris did and still does make Victor compatible cutting torches and tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I have a buddy bringing a victor tip for me to try tomorrow, thanks ironrail.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/contact/

He carrys Victor & Harris and speaks truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Virgil5
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Well hell, I thought I had this figured out, until I contacted regulatortorchrepair.com, I thought I had it pinned down by the 3 number prefix of 624 that exists on both regulators and the torch body, that crosses to HARRIS as the manufacturer, BUT, regulatortorchrepair is telling me that HARRIS did not build torches for CRAFTSMAN during that era(mid-late 50"s) said to send a picture of the torch and that tips were still available. For now, I've connected my old OXWELD, I have 6 or 8 or more new tips for it, probably outlast me! I'll just connect the CRAFTSMAN up if I need/want to gas weld or braze something.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I determined both those torches are getting unsafe so I bit the bullet and ordered a new torch, It's a victor compatible unit from Amazon, I'm sure it's Chinese unit, but it appears that most of them are, seems like almost everyone has shifted manufacturing offshore. I'm reasonably sure it will outlast me, so that's pretty much all that matters.
    JEFF

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist