+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hypertherm 65XP status?

Post Thanks / Like

Hypertherm 65XP status?

I searched but I can't find anything so I'll ask the question that Jim Colt can answer--When will the new 65XP be coming out?
    1969 SA200 Red Face
    2 Miller 350LX Syncrowaves
    2 Miller 250 Dialarcs
    Thermodynamics XL75 plasma
    Victor O/A
    Miller 325 Trailblazer
    Champ 6000 # off road fork lift
    Toyota 4000 # fork lift
    Grob 36" friction cutting band saw (not operational)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hypertherm 65XP status?

Typically Hypertherm Powermax products have a 10 year (or longer) product life span. The current Powermax65 and 85 (both were released at the same time) just passed the 8 year mark. And, we have strict policies at Hypertherm that do not allow us to talk about new products until we are ready to ship these products. I will tell you that our product development teams stay busy designing more efficient, more reliable systems as well as new process technologies for cutting. There will be some new things in the next year, though nothing called a Powermax65XP is in the works!

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by 1210lewis View Post
    I searched but I can't find anything so I'll ask the question that Jim Colt can answer--When will the new 65XP be coming out?

Post Thanks / Like

That means 18 months to four years....

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Hypertherm updated their updated 65, 85, and 105 models. They are calling them the SYNC series. They introduced them at the big expo in Chicago a few weeks ago. They are selling them worldwide now except
    for the US. US sales start in Jan 2022. I have no idea why they wouldn't start in the US. The new series looks really nice. One piece consumable instead of 5 pieces. Lots of bells and whistles. I hate to see how much more they are going to cost.

Look at them on their web site.

I'm surprised Jim Colt didn't announce the news here on this site.
    1969 SA200 Red Face
    2 Miller 350LX Syncrowaves
    2 Miller 250 Dialarcs
    Thermodynamics XL75 plasma
    Victor O/A
    Miller 325 Trailblazer
    Champ 6000 # off road fork lift
    Toyota 4000 # fork lift
    Grob 36" friction cutting band saw (not operational)

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much that 1pc consumable is going to cost! They ain't gonna give it away.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

You can retro the older torches/machines to fit the new consumables

Jim colt retired, so no more poking fun at him..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to a Hyp rep I know prior to the Fab-tech show. He was showing me the new stack 1 piece cartridge. I found it cumbersome looking. Reminded me of when Smith came out with their flash arrestor at the end of their cutting attachment. He said the pricing would be similar to the old stack up but would last 2x longer. "Similar" means 20% more in my book. Could be a good thing for automation but seems un-needed for hand cutting.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Oscar. As far as the cost, prices are set by our partners, however, our suggested price is roughly $55 for a typical cutting cartridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HypHyDef View Post
    Good morning Oscar. As far as the cost, prices are set by our partners, however, our suggested price is roughly $55 for a typical cutting cartridge.
    That's a lot of money for a single nozzle and electrode, when you consider how easy it is to wreck a nozzle or shield... guessing the bigger part of the market is for CNC tables rather than hand cutting though?

Still sounds expensive and wasteful though, when you consider how many nozzles and electrodes you can get through on a single shield and insulator...
    Last edited by Munkul; 11-30-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

If the cut quality is better, then it makes sense for the cnc people..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    That's a lot of money for a single nozzle and electrode, when you consider how easy it is to wreck a nozzle or shield... guessing the bigger part of the market is for CNC tables rather than hand cutting though?

Still sounds expensive and wasteful though, when you consider how many nozzles and electrodes you can get through on a single shield and insulator...
    The SYNC system may not be for everyone in the market at this point in time, so that is why you will continue to be able to order the consumables and repair parts for all current Powermax65’s, 85’s and 105’s for a long time to come. We typically support our systems for at least 7 years after the end of production and in many cases support them way beyond that timeframe. For those who do want to use the new system there are some excellent advantages.
    For starters, RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and cartridges automatically set the correct amperage and operating mode, eliminating setup errors. On top of that, End-of-life consumable detection eliminates the uncertainty of knowing when to change the cartridge.
    For those who need it they can tackle a wider range of jobs with easily interchangeable torch styles and application specific cartridges for various types of cutting and gouging. Imagine being up on scaffolding away from your system and must drag cut as well as flush cut. With this system you only need to carry two cartridges with you and quickly and easily swap them out. You do not have to disassemble the stack and carry a handful of parts in your pocket. In this same scenario they also benefit from Time-saving hand torch controls allow the operator to adjust the amperage on the fly, change cartridges and applications without returning to the power supply. In our testing the new optimized cartridge consumable design provides up to twice the life for handheld cutting and improved quality over life in mechanized setups compared to standard consumables.

12. Likes Munkul liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist