Thread: used Miller syncrowave 210

Post Thanks / Like

used Miller syncrowave 210

Looking at this Miller syncrowave 210 for $1800. It looks pretty clean and taken care of. No problems according to seller. From the serial number it looks to be about a 2015 machine. Has the foot pedal, torch and ground leads as well as a bunch of rods. No tank, but I already own an argon tank and reg. Curious if it's worth the money.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Craftsman 230/140 AC/DC Miller HF-251D-1
    Millermatic 130 Linclon 40 amp plasma cutter
    Hypertherm Max 20 O/A cutting and welding stuff
    5HP Ingersoll air compressor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: used Miller syncrowave 210

You can get a new one with a warranty for $2600 right now. I am not sure but $1800 seems a bit over priced to me.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty weak duty cycle. A Syncrowave 180 beats it on duty cycle ... probably because it's a transformer, not an inerter. I wouldn't get it if I was planning on doing a lot of aluminum (or any, really).

For $1800 you should be able to find a Sync 250, which is about 10X as much of a machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Or for a bit more money ($2500) you can get one of these, which is also more machine (assuming you don't need the MIG function of the 210): https://www.usaweld.com/TIG-WELDER-I...htm#tig_glance

The duty cycle will not be up to Syncrowave 250 levels, but it is about 50 amps higher than the the 210 duty cycle. Plus with the HTP unit there are no software updates to add features. You get all the features right out of the box: multiple wave forms, pulse, AC frequency, etc.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

He didn't want to deal so I am looking for something else. May go back to my original plan for now. I have a 230 amp Craftsman stick welder. I picked up a Miller HF251 high frequency box a good while back. Think I am going to finish my homemade SCR controller box with foot control I started on and never finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Craftsman 230/140 AC/DC Miller HF-251D-1
    Millermatic 130 Linclon 40 amp plasma cutter
    Hypertherm Max 20 O/A cutting and welding stuff
    5HP Ingersoll air compressor