+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Everlast 325ext review

Post Thanks / Like

Everlast 325ext review

I bought the 220 single phase/220 3 phase model about a month ago.

So far I'm extremely impressed with it. I've been using it daily in my fab shop. We are a true job shop doing everything from repairs, ornamental, architectural, light structural, prototyping and maching/waterjet cutting.

I added on a water cooler to complete the setup. The machine comes with a 9 and 20 series torch with covers, and on off switches installed (which I removed) a nice ground, nice newer regulator, clamp style stinger, and the new foot pedal.

My only complaints are the foot pedal and gas hookup location. I ordered the ssc foot pedal because I like a foot pedal that is a little larger than the one provided, other than that, the original foot pedal functions as it should. The gas connection is centered on the back of the machine, would be nice if
    It was off to one side, but a 90 degree fitting is a cheap fix.

I currently have an htp invertig 201, a tweco 201, and a syncro wave 350. This is the machine I grab everytime I go to weld now. My poor htp I bought new about 5 years ago hadrdly gets used anymore unless the 325 is being used by my helper.

I liked the machine so much, I bought a 255ext and water cooler a week or so ago and I'm thinking about buying another one.

Keep up the good work guys Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171418.053008.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  35.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171438.207462.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  44.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171463.587344.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  29.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171513.214378.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  51.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171589.612144.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  34.4 KB
    The carts we built for the 325 and the 255 are identical and are waiting for sheet metal pans and bottle racks to finish them off, then they get cleared to match the cart we built for the htp

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everlast 325ext review

What makes them your go to unit?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

The extra amperage compared to my htp. I love my htp and I still use it, but more often than not I reach for the 325ext.
    Also, the size and power consumption. My sync 350 took up more room than the htp and the 325 do. My shop is small and space and power are important. My panel is maxed with the water jet running, screw compressor and the syncrowave running. With the 325 and all the same stuff running I have power to spare.

The only thing I can say I don't care for is that you can only use saved programs, it won't just hold the last setting from when you shut it off, not a big deal though. I save program 1 for steel and does almost everything I need and program 2 for aluminum. My tweco 3 in 1 machine does this too, it's not specific to everlast machines, and it's just me being picky. I can find things I don't like with every machine I own.

My honest opinion is the reason a lot the bad reviews happen is because people who have no idea how to weld or how machines work, buy them because of the price and then blame the machine for there lack of ability and knowledge.

Anyways, im happy with the machines so far, and I'll probably be buying more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drivethruboy54 View Post
    The extra amperage compared to my htp. I love my htp and I still use it, but more often than not I reach for the 325ext.
    Also, the size and power consumption. My sync 350 took up more room than the htp and the 325 do. My shop is small and space and power are important. My panel is maxed with the water jet running, screw compressor and the syncrowave running. With the 325 and all the same stuff running I have power to spare.

The only thing I can say I don't care for is that you can only use saved programs, it won't just hold the last setting from when you shut it off, not a big deal though. I save program 1 for steel and does almost everything I need and program 2 for aluminum. My tweco 3 in 1 machine does this too, it's not specific to everlast machines, and it's just me being picky. I can find things I don't like with every machine I own.

My honest opinion is the reason a lot the bad reviews happen is because people who have no idea how to weld or how machines work, buy them because of the price and then blame the machine for there lack of ability and knowledge.

Anyways, im happy with the machines so far, and I'll probably be buying more.
    Good report. I am paying attention as I am going to be in the market for an inverter tig welder but want to be sure I make the right choice. I already have a Miller SW 250 but need a little more ooomph for aluminum. I wonder if the machines are capable of a firmware revision after you buy them? What if the 2016 model takes care of the "hold last setting" complaint you have, could that be something that could be "updated"?
    Thanks,
    Grumple

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, firmware upgrades are not possible by the user.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drivethruboy54 View Post
    I bought the 220 single phase/220 3 phase model about a month ago.

So far I'm extremely impressed with it. I've been using it daily in my fab shop. We are a true job shop doing everything from repairs, ornamental, architectural, light structural, prototyping and maching/waterjet cutting.

I added on a water cooler to complete the setup. The machine comes with a 9 and 20 series torch with covers, and on off switches installed (which I removed) a nice ground, nice newer regulator, clamp style stinger, and the new foot pedal.

My only complaints are the foot pedal and gas hookup location. I ordered the ssc foot pedal because I like a foot pedal that is a little larger than the one provided, other than that, the original foot pedal functions as it should. The gas connection is centered on the back of the machine, would be nice if
    It was off to one side, but a 90 degree fitting is a cheap fix.

I currently have an htp invertig 201, a tweco 201, and a syncro wave 350. This is the machine I grab everytime I go to weld now. My poor htp I bought new about 5 years ago hadrdly gets used anymore unless the 325 is being used by my helper.

I liked the machine so much, I bought a 255ext and water cooler a week or so ago and I'm thinking about buying another one.

Keep up the good work guys Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171418.053008.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  35.1 KB[ATTACH]Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171513.214378.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  51.1 KB
    The carts we built for the 325 and the 255 are identical and are waiting for sheet metal pans and bottle racks to finish them off, then they get cleared to match the cart we built for the htp
    I know this was 4 years ago.
    How is that 325EXT working out for you?
    Ernie F.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist