+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 240v infrared heaters, recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Question 240v infrared heaters, recommendations?

I'm looking at 6000W 240v infrared heaters for my shop area. I consider this a spot heater. I know they are not ideal, but I'm always really impressed by how well my little 120v 1500w infrared heater does. That understood, I can't find a lot of options. Any recommendations? I've found the following 2 either on Amazon or Home Depot:

Stelpro Zenith 6000W
    Infratech 6000W

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 240v infrared heaters, recommendations?

I bought a $99 Ebay 5600W fan heater (more like 4,800W) and it works pretty good for my garage. Pulls about 20A @ 245V. You could buy several of those less than the cost of one of those infrared heaters. Just saying.

1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

I installed a couple of these in a tire shop a while back. https://www.zoro.com/fostoria-ir-htr...0v/i/G0932690/ I don't remember what size we used, but it was that brand and style.

We put them over their tire machines and they worked great for spot heating with the bay doors open, I don't know how well they heated the rest of the area with the doors closed. IIRC, they call for a minimum of 12' of head room so make sure you have the height. Anything you put under them will get hot.

Zoro has several other styles and brands. They also have a 20% off $200 deal going till the 18th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I bought a $99 Ebay 5600W fan heater (more like 4,800W) and it works pretty good for my garage. Pulls about 20A @ 245V. You could buy several of those less than the cost of one of those infrared heaters. Just saying.
    Thanks for the reply. FYI I have a 6000w fan heater very similar to that, and my 1500w/120v IR heater heats much better. Hence, why I'm interested in a big IR heater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WTXBTUMOVER View Post
    I installed a couple of these in a tire shop a while back. https://www.zoro.com/fostoria-ir-htr...0v/i/G0932690/ I don't remember what size we used, but it was that brand and style.

We put them over their tire machines and they worked great for spot heating with the bay doors open, I don't know how well they heated the rest of the area with the doors closed. IIRC, they call for a minimum of 12' of head room so make sure you have the height. Anything you put under them will get hot.

Zoro has several other styles and brands. They also have a 20% off $200 deal going till the 18th.
    Excellent, thanks for the info and lead!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freeweld View Post
    Thanks for the reply. FYI I have a 6000w fan heater very similar to that, and my 1500w/120v IR heater heats much better. Hence, why I'm interested in a big IR heater.
    Good to know as well, as I've never tried an IR heater.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fahrenhe...UH54/202043073

I know you want 6000w but this one does work great.

These heaters will massacre your electric bill. The one I posted actually uses more electricity than my entire house combined which I learned the hard way last year.

If I am working out in the garage/shop that day I will go out there after I walk the dog at like 6am and turn it on so its toasty by 9-10.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist