Thread: a valentines day miller bonanza

Post Thanks / Like

a valentines day miller bonanza

I was asked if I'd be willing to haul off an old truck for an elderly lady this morning.. as it has a 5.9 cummins I jumped at it.. condition was hadda haul of all the junk in the back too.. o.k I'll make a trip by the dump... here is what I found in under the camper shell, the pics might end up in wrong order but lets give it a try

everythings brand new looks like the late owner just opened the boxes... my cost? $20 in diesel fuel and 3 hours of my time.. oh and gotta clean mud off my boots and may have a spider bite
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 02-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a valentines day miller bonanza

Pretty sure that deal qualifies you for a "you suck" award
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, grandma gave away my ****...
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP

Post Thanks / Like

Hell, for a haul like that, I'd go in mud up to my neck! Well, if you don't want to go to the dump, I'll take that stuff off your hands, save you a few bucks in fuel. That's the kinda guy I am, just want to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

this truck and the contents were stolen from me years ago.please return to it's rightful owner.no question asked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    Pretty sure that deal qualifies you for a "you suck" award
    if it makes ya feel any better I did get bit by a black widow ended up puking all afternoon.... but then I go look in the shop at them dusty old cardboard boxes and feel better and I think the mud mighta been her leech field backing up! the city of Tucson gave her a notice to either get the truck running and registered or get fined, she told em she'd love to get rid of it but nobody wanted to crawl around in the mud and tall grass to get to it in her back yard... neither did I so I backed my trailer up the ally and used the winch and a piece of 8" I beam to pull out a couple fence posts, was some rattler skins under it but no snakes just the d@#%$# spider that got me on the inner thigh while I was trying to get the shift linkage loose on the auto tranny so could pop it into neutral.... totally worth it and the voltage control modual outa my old wire feeder will drop right into this shiny new unit! I never even looked at what was in back till I got it into a spot in my shop yard, my leg was sore were got bit and pushing on the clutch all the way home was getting painful, when I saw the "weldcraft" box the pain started fading out after I dragged out the HF box I forgot all bout spiders and smelly mud

Post Thanks / Like

Damn truck look great too ! Battery should fire her up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon-mech View Post
    if it makes ya feel any better I did get bit by a black widow ended up puking all afternoon.... but then I go look in the shop at them dusty old cardboard boxes and feel better and I think the mud mighta been her leech field backing up! the city of Tucson gave her a notice to either get the truck running and registered or get fined, she told em she'd love to get rid of it but nobody wanted to crawl around in the mud and tall grass to get to it in her back yard... neither did I so I backed my trailer up the ally and used the winch and a piece of 8" I beam to pull out a couple fence posts, was some rattler skins under it but no snakes just the d@#%$# spider that got me on the inner thigh while I was trying to get the shift linkage loose on the auto tranny so could pop it into neutral.... totally worth it and the voltage control modual outa my old wire feeder will drop right into this shiny new unit! I never even looked at what was in back till I got it into a spot in my shop yard, my leg was sore were got bit and pushing on the clutch all the way home was getting painful, when I saw the "weldcraft" box the pain started fading out after I dragged out the HF box I forgot all bout spiders and smelly mud
    ...nope, still going with "you suck" award - lol
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Post Thanks / Like

Without question. This a you suck moment.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Miller 330 A/BP
    Miller CP-200 Haas / Kamp'd / CP-300 in process
    Miller Radiator 1
    Miller 30A /S-52E feeders
    Hobart GR-303

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    this truck and the contents were stolen from me years ago.please return to it's rightful owner.no question asked.

This right here. I agree 100%. Has to be stolen or a complete BS story by the OP.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 250D
    Miller Millermatic 200
    Bunch of old blue dinosaurs....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jontheturboguy View Post
    This right here. I agree 100%. Has to be stolen or a complete BS story by the OP.
    I own a mobile welding and mechanical service, I build resto-mods primarily using Cuimmins engines when friends see an old neglected Dodge they give out my number, I haul off alot of old trucks most get parted out, this one sat since 1999 after the ladys husband died at first she just left it as he had parked it (very common) after awhile it got moved to the back yard over the years she made a few half hearted attempts to sell it till the city told her it hadda go, I'd left a card with her a few years ago, I regularily cruise allys and backroads around tucson/pima county on onea my harleys looking for old iron to be a future project or a parts doner... thats my real passion taking old iron and majking it well newer on the inside, this truck has already been converted to parts the engine fired right up with nothing but an oil change (again very common here in Tucson for diesels gas rigs its a coin toss but old 12 valve cummins.. almost everytime) the frame is really clean so it and the engine, suspenion are staying together till I find the right old sheetmetal to bolt atop it... kinda leaning towards an old 1936 chevy school bus I saw awhile back in Globe Az,
    asiide from the contents of the truck I went back this Am and picked up 3 Argon bottles, Acet/oxy bottles (all are dated back in 1996) a bunch of misc. victor gauges handles, tips and torches, Offered her $$ said she just wanted it all outa the shed so she could use the shed for a greenhouse... just so happens I got a call a couple weeks ago to take apart an alluminum framed 20x8 greenhouse, I passed then but called today and told em I'd get it outa their way for em... gonna just take my flatbed over and see if can't load it intact... I find all kinds of stuff in vehicles I haul off found a complete ultralight plane kit in a van once and lost track of all the guns back when I had my towing company coulda started my own gun shop, but this was a first on welding gear well aside from the occasional buz box or harbor frieght mig welder etc.. as far as stolen, nope clear title hadda take her to a title serviuce though as was still in husbands name so shje hadda show em death cert. to transfer it etc.. I might use the cab on another Dodge I've got, only rust in whole truck was passenger fronyt fender behind the wheel well... gotta love the Southwest see the pig in my avatar? found that in an old falling down "carriage" house in Coolidge Az, its running a cummins these days, its onea my favorites as it just P#@$$ off all the hard core greenis that have migrated here from Calif BTW Arizona titled the pig as a "station wagon"!
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 02-18-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a mobile welding and mechanical service, I build resto-mods primarily using Cuimmins engines when friends see an old neglected Dodge they give out my number, I haul off alot of old trucks most get parted out, this one sat since 1999 after the ladys husband died at first she just left it as he had parked it (very common) after awhile it got moved to the back yard over the years she made a few half hearted attempts to sell it till the city told her it hadda go, I'd left a card with her a few years ago, I regularily cruise allys and backroads around tucson/pima county on onea my harleys looking for old iron to be a future project or a parts doner... thats my real passion taking old iron and majking it well newer on the inside, this truck has already been converted to parts the engine fired right up with nothing but an oil change (again very common here in Tucson for diesels gas rigs its a coin toss but old 12 valve cummins.. almost everytime) the frame is really clean so it and the engine, suspenion are staying together till I find the right old sheetmetal to bolt atop it... kinda leaning towards an old 1936 chevy school bus I saw awhile back in Globe Az,
    asiide from the contents of the truck I went back this Am and picked up 3 Argon bottles, Acet/oxy bottles (all are dated back in 1996) a bunch of misc. victor gauges handles, tips and torches, Offered her $$ said she just wanted it all outa the shed so she could use the shed for a greenhouse... just so happens I got a call a couple weeks ago to take apart an alluminum framed 20x8 greenhouse, I passed then but called today and told em I'd get it outa their way for em... gonna just take my flatbed over and see if can't load it intact... I find all kinds of stuff in vehicles I haul off found a complete ultralight plane kit in a van once and lost track of all the guns back when I had my towing company coulda started my own gun shop, but this was a first on welding gear well aside from the occasional buz box or harbor frieght mig welder etc.. as far as stolen, nope clear title hadda take her to a title serviuce though as was still in husbands name so shje hadda show em death cert. to transfer it etc.. I might use the cab on another Dodge I've got, only rust in whole truck was passenger fronyt fender behind the wheel well... gotta love the Southwest see the pig in my avatar? found that in an old falling down "carriage" house in Coolidge Az, its running a cummins these days, its onea my favorites as it just P#@$$ off all the hard core greenis that have migrated here from Calif BTW Arizona titled the pig as a "station wagon"!
    Maybe I should move south... None of that works where I live
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    Maybe I should move south... None of that works where I live
    where you live your lucky if you can take a leak without it freezing before it hits the ground! I used to haul Actic cat toys outa Thief river falls and steel preffabed joists, spent too many nights parked in the "Stockmans" TS lot in St paul waiting for the roads to thaw... and always hadda change my fuel filters cause that high Eth, content fuel ya'll run would loosen all the crap in my tanks from the southern fuel I ran mosta the time, nope ya gotta get south Dave aside from findin stuff rust free when the coeds start showin up from back east etc.. mosta their clothes fall off as they think our winters are summer time! (not a joke I had 3 of my tow truck driver all going to the same call out by the Uof A and a buncha them Wildcat coeds was walking around in bikini tops and 2 drivers rear ended the lead driver!
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 02-18-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Any pictures of the spider?
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Post Thanks / Like

where you live your lucky if you can take a leak without it freezing before it hits the ground! I used to haul Actic cat toys outa Thief river falls and steel preffabed joists, spent too many nights parked in the "Stockmans" TS lot in St paul waiting for the roads to thaw... and always hadda change my fuel filters cause that high Eth, content fuel ya'll run would loosen all the crap in my tanks from the southern fuel I ran mosta the time, nope ya gotta get south Dave aside from findin stuff rust free when the coeds start showin up from back east etc.. mosta their clothes fall off as they think our winters are summer time! (not a joke I had 3 of my tow truck driver all going to the same call out by the Uof A and a buncha them Wildcat coeds was walking around in bikini tops and 2 drivers rear ended the lead driver!
    Please define " rear ended"

Post Thanks / Like

Very true - we see ladies all bundled up for months at a time - when bikini weather hits we are unprepared

Thief River Falls is just up the road from me about an hour or so.

My parents are in AZ now, so when I visit this summer I'll have to restrain myself and remember not to buy a bunch of old rust-free iron
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Actually more like they trained the lead truck.. lead truck was our 20' roll back with stinger (wheel lift under bed) #2 truck was 1 ton wrecker with WL #3 truck was our class 5 medium duty wrecker while driver #1 was distracted by a flock of scantily clad Wildcats as he aproached "Campbell" on Grant rd (which is right on the edge of the Kitty preserve (see Dave I coulda used another descriptor but.. might be tender eyes looking) he realized he was bout to roll through a red light and hit his brakes truck #2 also wasn't paying attention and did not hit his brakes he attempted to self load his truck onto the stinger #3 did make an attempt to stop but.. only partially made it further implanting truck 2 into the rear of truck 1... they tried to tell me that truck 1 had a brake malfunction but while I was arriving to inspect for myself I was also distracted b y all the felines patroling the perimiter of the wildlife preserve and almost dropped my Harley as I forgot to put down kick stand.. caught it without looking too stupid but I realized exactly what had happened... made em tape cardboard over door signage as if it would do any good with all the gawkers while they loaded truck 2 onto the rollback and snatched #3 with the stinger to head home in shame...

Dave, ya just gotta remember to bring a decent trailer with ya then ya tell any others back home who might protest the expenditure that ya did it in the interest of preserving history as the natives in Mn. have seldom ever seen rust free relics and ya felt obligated to bring some samples home for the sake of educating the children who would otherwise be deprived and might look foolish if they ever head south and get caught fingering solid metal without poking holes in it etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Don't worry, he's not in San Fransisco.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking as I drove by that intersection just this afternoon... that all happened 14 years ago... today they (the coeds) have replaced the wranglers and "Rocky" brand jeans they wore back then with yoga pants... probably woulda never been able to salvage any of the trucks if it happened today! bekini tops and yoga pants.. lethal combination

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving according to second in command.
    Vote by pushing the educated button

Post Thanks / Like

Bonzoo, is this your way of expressing a desire on your part to see Pelosie in yoga pants and a bikini top ? or are ya saying she should be hidden away in a shed for a few decades? possibly ya are comparing her to a BW spider that'd sneak up a fellas pants and cause great pain and consternation?