+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $200 new mini dewalt grinder review - DWE43244N = JUNK/JOKE/TRASH

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $200 new mini dewalt grinder review - DWE43244N = JUNK/JOKE/TRASH

I bought one of these neato Chinese Metabo-Hitachi conglomerate projects back when it was $135 or so. You can bear down on this lil mofo. looking forward to see whats next in line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Sounds like a warranty work around sold as a 'safety' feature. If you can't lean on it you can't burn it up. Good deal for them, bad for a real hard user. Good deal for the guy that uses them as an on display status symbol. He gets to brag about of the features. Me, I like to lean on 'em pretty good sometimes.
    funny6 thing is, you can put quite a bit of pressure on it if your grinding on flat/flat end, of steel. but when you use the side of the wheel to grind out a fillet weld, you need to baby the thing or it will shut off. with cutoff wheel it works if have your plate/work piece fastened rigidly, and you make a very clean cut. problem is we all know it isnt always a perfect world/environment, this grinder could not be taken on a repair job where your on the clock and whoever hired you might be watching. i would not only be embarassed to be seen w/ such a piece of ****, it also isnt meant for work. this toy at best, would only be half way appropiate for begginer high school girls in a classroom situation.
    Last edited by 123weld; 03-24-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    I wonder if it has 'hidden features' you know like micro$oft products???

power it with a generator at 127 volts and the electronics make it a cool static display model to brag about
    right, i never thought about that. it might be a smart grinder, and it's listening/recording/watching us, like our phones and tv's. i'm glad i got rid of it

Post Thanks / Like

If my grinders had a "watch" feature ? They'd never find me. Nobody knows where Not there is
    Name:  bhouz.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  52.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that moved to CR a few years ago... he sends me lots of cool pics His woman got plenty mad at him when things got a bit scary a while back.... almost left him!!!

Like most of the newer hitech computer controlled hand tools I'm sure these have logging built in.... and wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have gps chips... you know they are pretty cheap these days especially when the dopey consumer pays for it!!!

What was it 5 or so years ago when makita 18 lion came out.... they had logging built into the batteries. When they had failures they could d/l the logs and see all sorts of info how many times they were charged for how long the temps at the time, the actual time of charging, how much you drew from the batts in detail... I think the tech guy told me the logger chip had a half meg of memory or something like that.
    Last edited by ronsii; 03-24-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Who pays $200 for a Dewalt mini grinder...or ANY grinder except a Metabo?
    I do too. Fein. <mic dropped>

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to high jack the thread but why do Metabo cost so much? I got one of there low end ones at my LWS. Its great but I paid less than $80 for it.
    Dave Reber
    Wadsworth Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Same reason a BMW costs more than a Kia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
    I'm not trying to high jack the thread but why do Metabo cost so much? I got one of there low end ones at my LWS. Its great but I paid less than $80 for it.

like mr mike said,
    cuz they used to made in germany or something. i think there made somewhere else now. im not sure. like anything else these days, there **** gets cheaper as time goes along and price stays high
    Last edited by 123weld; 03-28-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Yep, I bought a supposed high quality heat gun that is billed as made in germany.... while it certainly is not HF quality it does have a look and feel reminiscent of chinese products to it....

Post Thanks / Like

True that. Many quality brands farm out their entry level line/models to China. Their high end models are still made in house to 'brand' standards. True for Fein anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist