Thread: Anybody use these diamond wire cups?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody use these diamond wire cups?

https://www.emisupply.com/catalog/pf...l#.XLuzUWlOk0M

According to weld.com demonstration tgey are the answer to mill scale removals. At 300 bucks I would like feedback. Need a variable speed grinder spinning at 2000 rpm or less.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody use these diamond wire cups?

Garbage without a variable speed 4 1/2 or 5"
    Dont try 11,000 plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    I would like feedback
    The feedback you're gonna get is that there is no feedback available to get. I had seen the video for these a few months back. $50 a pop, maybe I would buy one. More than that, not on your life. Even I wouldn't plop down the cash for what they're asking. And I buy just about anything I like/want, lol.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Oscar on this one. It would have to be one hell of a incredible cup brush but still knowing how they are made and how quickly they can get scruffy I can't see myself spending $300 on one either. …. and I can waste some money on tools but there is a line and that may just be a little on the other side of it.

Not to say I wouldn't want to experience just what a $300 cup brush can do for you it would have to be one bad bitch to get me to buy it.

I bet what it can do would be impressive or surely they wouldn't make it and be able to ask $300 for it. Somebody must be buying them likely because they are wicked bad ***. If you had a lot to remove and job was paying for it or better yet it was paying for itself in time saved then I guess it would be worth it.

I just can't quite see it being what diamond does for you when grinding concrete but that is pretty amazing the rate you can knock down some concrete with those diamond surface grinding wheels.

Zec wheels are pretty impressive,'
    www.zec.com/
    Last edited by danielplace; 04-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever you are grinding hard surfaces diamond is king!!! and millscale being fairly hard I am guessing the diamond would make some quick work of it however I too am wondering how much longevity you would get out of the wires... if they're anything like regular wires I think it'd be a bit disappointing but then again if it save you a *lot* of time it could pay for itself pretty quick on a job where you are getting >50/hr.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.ebay.com/i/223107302605?chn=ps

i use this and i guarantee that no wire brush bs is going to out preform it for the same price and it never clogs up or wears out. spend your money on a proven product that works not hocus pocus garbage

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've used needles before... a bit noisy have gone through a few sets of needles too.

Post Thanks / Like

Humm not very good pic,s or info for such a pricey item

Post Thanks / Like

How about cleaning this hot roll in less than 10 minutes .Without a grinder.And environmental safe
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tonylumps; 04-22-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

How about cleaning this hot roll in less than 10 minutes .Without a grinder.And environmental safe

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.emisupply.com/catalog/pf...l#.XLuzUWlOk0M

According to weld.com demonstration tgey are the answer to mill scale removals. At 300 bucks I would like feedback. Need a variable speed grinder spinning at 2000 rpm or less.

thats the one i saw Billy Mays from Pferd trying to push on weld.com with Bob. That guy is as bad as listening to a tv preacher.
    Every damn video I've seen on weld.com with that Pferd dude is like listening to an infomercial. Only thing missing is a british accent.
    Makes me want to throw up.
    that cost is just flat out crazy. they want you to think that industrial grade diamond is HIGH DOLLAR when its not. But they
    damn sure want you to think that its the same price as jewelry grade diamond when they put it on a wire brush. LMFAO... bulls%^t flag is flying high.
    who in the hell pays over $300 for a cup brush unless you are using the governments money ( i.e.. the peoples money ) ?
    Last edited by bevis28; 04-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

Post Thanks / Like

Who is going to make a hand wire brush with diamond bristles?!?! Now that I would buy ! Max $20, lol.

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Post Thanks / Like

Coming to a HF near you soon!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief!! For $316 a pop somebody should come to your shop and do the work for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    thats the one i saw Billy Mays from Pferd trying to push on weld.com with Bob. That guy is as bad as listening to a tv preacher.
    Every damn video I've seen on weld.com with that Pferd dude is like listening to an infomercial. Only thing missing is a british accent.
    Makes me want to throw up.
    that cost is just flat out crazy. they want you to think that industrial grade diamond is HIGH DOLLAR when its not. But they
    damn sure want you to think that its the same price as jewelry grade diamond when they put it on a wire brush. LMFAO... bulls%^t flag is flying high.
    who in the hell pays over $300 for a cup brush unless you are using the governments money ( i.e.. the peoples money ) ?
    I think you are on to something here. Probably government / contractors using them currently.

I would be curious how long they last. Stay away from edges and slow rpm. I would imagine the coating would be the limiting factor?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are on to something here. Probably government / contractors using them currently.

I would be curious how long they last. Stay away from edges and slow rpm. I would imagine the coating would be the limiting factor?

Also, if the entire wire is coated, then I could see a lot of wasted cutting material. No way to use the backside of the brush. Perhaps they might be recyclable like catylitic converters.?

Post Thanks / Like

The infomercial

I think there's some good information in the video. He did say option #4 wasn't for everybody. I think option #3 seemed like the best for me. One of the closeups shows the diamond is mostly on the ends of the wire, I could be mistaken. Seems like bob was getting annoyed with the salesman.
    For as long as I can remember, Pferd has always made good stuff, they are by far my favorite chainsaw files.
    It might be expensive, but I really doubt its junk. You might not need it now, but you never know what the next job in the shop might be. Removing hard chrome off a part to be welded. Blending a finish on 500 feet of stainless counter tops (it comes in 270, and 400 grits) The problem with a $300 dollar tool like that is, it looks like a $10 tool. Some one in the my shop would see it on a grinder, and start removing undercoating with it , and throw it out when they finish. It would probably work well in something like my makita variable speed 7" sander/buffer.
    It wasn't that long ago when all the diamond wheels for saws cost between $500 and $1000 each, now you can get them at home depot for under $20. The price could come down eventually, maybe.
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as the competition comes out with their versions, all of them will come down in price. I wager that in 5yrs or less they will come down to the $50-$60 range.

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC