Thread: Everlast powerarc 200sti?

Post Thanks / Like

Everlast powerarc 200sti?

Hi,
    I know ever last seems to be a love hate brand, but anyways I'm selling my old thunderbolt ac/dc and looking at getting a inverter machine mostly for the portability, lighter easier to move etc.

How does the pwoerarc 200sti weld? I like that is has adjustable arc force, I don't really need the hot start but yes it is nice to have. I'd mostly be using it on 240 volt, But can it run a 3/32 on 120v ok? I assume it needs a healthy breaker to run much on 120v but just wondering how well it can run on 120 for the few times I may need it.

The i mig 200 is tempting but already have a pm 350mp so don't need another mig. Looking for a machine to go to a different location/farm.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everlast powerarc 200sti?

Quote Originally Posted by nick121 View Post
    Hi,
    I know ever last seems to be a love hate brand, but anyways I'm selling my old thunderbolt ac/dc and looking at getting a inverter machine mostly for the portability, lighter easier to move etc.

How does the pwoerarc 200sti weld? I like that is has adjustable arc force, I don't really need the hot start but yes it is nice to have. I'd mostly be using it on 240 volt, But can it run a 3/32 on 120v ok? I assume it needs a healthy breaker to run much on 120v but just wondering how well it can run on 120 for the few times I may need it.

The i mig 200 is tempting but already have a pm 350mp so don't need another mig. Looking for a machine to go to a different location/farm.
    I have suggested the 200STI to 2 of my customers . Their men are not the best welders so it is hard to say but they all seem to like it. They have a hard time with the adjustable hot start and dig functions because they are not true welders and do not seem to know what to do to adjust them even though I have given them some peramaters. The one has a 200STI but still hires a local retired pipeliner to do the welding. The guy really likes it and told my customer that he just sold his big diesel drive and after using the STI he wants to get one for himself.

I have not had a chance to use one of them yet but I will in the next week or two. It will handle 3/32 7018 on a dedicated 20 amp 120v line. To weld with 1/8 on 120v you would need a 30 amp dedicated 120v circuit. The one customer has run his off of a 7000w generator with no problem also. I do not know what kind of gen he has.
    Last edited by thegary; 05-05-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everlast powerarc 200sti?

Thanks for the reply.
    I think this machine would work pretty good for what I want to do with it, I would 95% of the time be on 240v but occasionally 110 and would be 3/32 7018. I have a engine drive for msot in field stuff with no power but even running off a decent sized generator would be handy, I assume it would need a clean power generator.