Thread: Student Introductions: BTC Pipe Welding & Fitting program

Post Thanks / Like

Student Introductions: BTC Pipe Welding & Fitting program

My name is Kyle Miller. I've recently made an introduction post that details my role as a Pipe Welding & Fitting instructor at Bellingham Technical College in Washington State.

To avoid redundancy, here is the link to that thread.

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.ph...is-is-my-class

The purpose of this post is to introduce some of my students whom will be participating in thread discussions and posing questions to forum members in an effort to gain exposure to the industry at large. Students that have not yet made their introductions will be added to this post at that point in time, as opposed to a new thread. I encourage anyone and everyone to consider replying, directly to any student that posts from this account especially if you can relate to their background and/or their pathway and goals. Please also keep an eye out for posts and comments from BTC students. I think these interactions and the forum at large could become a very good learning tool.

Here are some of the students:

Hello! My name is Brent Owens. I am 28 years old, and I am currently enrolled in the Pipe Welding program at Bellingham Technical College. I have been in restaurants for 12 years. started as a dishwasher, and finished as a head chef. I wanted a career change where I could use my hands and my attention to detail to be able to make a living that actually pays well. I'm glad this is the path I chose, because I love welding. My goals in this field are to hopefully start welding more specialized alloys. I am new to this industry, and I cant say where I will end up, but i'm going to work my *** off so that i can eventually be an asset for a company.

Hi, My name is Steven Willett. In my free time I like to play video games go fishing or work on metal projects around the house. I decided to attend a trade school because I had success my first time around but I wanted more experience and more qualifications before I had to fully leave the nest ( so while all this is still cheap and not living on ramen hating life). And moving forward I would like to find a job where I can put work time at work but still have time for a home life and a family while still being able to afford a family if I only end up working 40hrs a week.

1. Bryan Thomas
    2. I am 31 years old, with a background in manufacturing engineering processes. I was born and raised in Bellingham WA and I like to spend my free time outdoors.
    3. I originally decided to attend a trade school to further develop my metal fabrication skills. Welding seemed like good place to start, since I already had a little background in machining processes.
    4. Moving forward after I complete this program, I plan to further develop my welding and fabrication skills as a pipe welder. I also plan to explore possible engineering rolls within refinery services. This may include obtaining certificates through AWS such as Certified Welding Inspector and Certified Welding Engineer. I think that with a strong background in hands on fabrication experience will strongly aid any kind of possible future engineering roll.

Hi my name is Jack Mutchler. I am from the pacific northwest in Washington. I'm 19 and have worked many labor Jobs my whole Life. 3 years ago I was attending a community collage going back and forth deciding weather or not I wanted to pursue engineering or criminal justice. I like those subjects, but at the time I was just forced to go to school. I've always wanted to do a trade and at my job from when I was 14-8 some of my co workers were or used to be big time welders and they let me try it. making more and more friends I began asking about it a lot and on my third quarter at WCC I dropped out, worked all summer and started the welding program at BTC. Even though I had little to zero experience I had a lot of fun it with it and I really enjoyed my classes. while in the program I had a lot of friends that encouraged me to consider pipe welding. I went for it and what helped me make that choice was all my family friends that worked at the local refineries. I knew thats where I wanted to be. right now I'm close to graduating with my AAS and stick certification. my goal is to just get on at any job doing pipe work where ill learn and make a living.

My name is Arkadiy. My first experience of welding was in school. After doing it for some time in high school, I decided that welding was something that I wanted to do for a career. After graduating high school in 2017, I took the welding program at Bellingham Technical College. In my second year of college education, I took pipe welding. My goals moving forward are to work as a welder in the oil refineries.

*more to come*
    Bellingham Technical College
    Pipe Welding and Pipe Fitting _ Instructor/Students
    AWS Accredited Test Facility

Kyle Miller
    Welding Technologies instructor - Pipe Trades

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Student Introductions: BTC Pipe Welding & Fitting program

Welcome y'all! I want to wish you all the utmost success getting a foot in the door somewhere where you can use your skills to the benefit of your employer.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Catt Jenison and I’m 28 years old. I found welding 3 years ago when I moved to Florida on a whim with my best friend. I met someone there who introduced me to welding and from there I moved back home to begin pipe welding and fitting at BTC. I had the opportunity to work a turnaround for the last few months and cannot wait to graduate and continue my journey at BP Chery Point Refinery.
    Bellingham Technical College
    Pipe Welding and Pipe Fitting _ Instructor/Students
    AWS Accredited Test Facility

Kyle Miller
    Welding Technologies instructor - Pipe Trades

Post Thanks / Like

welcome