+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanium Welders

Post Thanks / Like

Titanium Welders

Anyone running any of the Titanium Welders. Just wondering what everyone thinks of them.
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Titanium Welders

Because I needed a flux core and the HF 90 POS I had really sucks at welds you don't have to grind a lot and the Alph TIG isn't going to work outside unless I use stick with it I got the Titanium 125. I looked at and read a bunch of reviews that basically said the 125 is the welder you hoped to get when you bought the 90. It also fixed a couple of my big issues with the 90 (apparently now renamed the 125, but...).

Anyway miles of difference. The Titanium 125 weld quite well. It's DC and the tip is not energized if the trigger isn't pulled. This welds MUCH closer to a big boy MIG.

I had been playing with the idea of getting a real MIG but realized with the TIG the work I was likely to be doing with the MIG were small fixes and some assembly and a lot of that would be out doors and where I couldn't get 220V. So this little thing is a really good fit. It's toy small and weighs like 15 lbs and it cost under $200 so...

The build seems a lot better than typical HF stuff and the fit and finish was very good. Not nearly the amount of plastic and the metal parts look like someone was actually doing QA.

If anyone is looking for a old HF90 to play with I will be selling it cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Titanium MIG 170 and am very pleased with its performance. To date, I have experienced no setup or operational issues. It is convenient for me to be able to run flux core or MIG with either 120V or 240V. I am disappointed that HF has not yet released a compatible spool gun. I've read that a Klutch spool gun can be made to work with the Titanium, but haven't seen one first-hand. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

4. Likes finlander, Garandman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the titanium unlimited 200. I really like it. I have a Hobart tool mate 100 and then upgraded to the titanium and haven’t had any trouble out. Had it about 7 months now. Haven’t tried tig yet but I will when I find a good deal on an argon cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dislikes bakeweld disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titanium Stick 225 is nice machine. runs 6010 at 150 amps or less on 230volts. can pull a 3/16" long arc. not sure why not rated 6010 at over 150 amps, dont have to use special switch or plug for 6010 it just runs if under 150 amps on 230 volts
    on 115 volts at 70 amps cannot pull a long 6010 arc cause thats max amps on 115 volts, runs 6011 ok. its a hot 70 amps that is i also could run 3/32 7018 too. many small 115 volt welders amp knob says 70 but feels much less. this welder 70 amps feels very hot for 3/32 6011. i could see using 60 amps or less with 3/32 6011 rod
    on 115 volts it pulls like 20 amps at max so obviously have problems on 15 amp circuit breaker
    Last edited by WNY_TomB; 07-01-2020 at 04:57 AM.

8. Likes Louie1961, albrightree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently bought unlimited 200.
    I'd say I'm pretty happy with it. I didn't stick weld and tig weld with it yet but MIG welding with flux core looks pretty good.
    Someone said the numbers on the panel are badly visible when you're working outdoors, yeah kinda.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by moovi; 07-11-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got through building log racks with mine and ran out of solid wire so I switched over to flux core. I should’ve just stick welder them and been done faster. I love the versatility of a multi process welder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WNY_TomB View Post
    Titanium Stick 225 is nice machine. runs 6010 at 150 amps or less on 230volts. can pull a 3/16" long arc. not sure why not rated 6010 at over 150 amps, dont have to use special switch or plug for 6010 it just runs if under 150 amps on 230 volts
    on 115 volts at 70 amps cannot pull a long 6010 arc cause thats max amps on 115 volts, runs 6011 ok. its a hot 70 amps that is i also could run 3/32 7018 too. many small 115 volt welders amp knob says 70 but feels much less. this welder 70 amps feels very hot for 3/32 6011. i could see using 60 amps or less with 3/32 6011 rod
    on 115 volts it pulls like 20 amps at max so obviously have problems on 15 amp circuit breaker
    they dont recommend using a extension cord but I was welding at 60 amps using 3/32 6011 on 115volts with 50 foot 12ga extension cord (20 amp circuit) yesterday with no problems. I was whipping or long short long arc , etc welding. welding machine not heavy, easy to bring up from basement to the garage and use as needed and put back in basement when done.
    Trend now a days is leaving garage uncluttered relatively empty as people use it as a patio and or use propane grill and or sit in garage with door open all day. many put or store welding equipment in basement or backyard storage shed, easier if machines are small and light and easy to move around
    Last edited by WNY_TomB; 07-12-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldorama;[URL="tel:8722076"
    8722076[/URL]]I bought the Titanium MIG 170 and am very pleased with its performance. To date, I have experienced no setup or operational issues. It is convenient for me to be able to run flux core or MIG with either 120V or 240V. I am disappointed that HF has not yet released a compatible spool gun. I've read that a Klutch spool gun can be made to work with the Titanium, but haven't seen one first-hand. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
    Great to hear as I just bought one. Haven’t even opened the box.

What did you buy for accessories? Gas and regulator?

I hear their wire is not very good quality and should be replaced, what is your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Titanium 125 easy flux. It welds everything great if you don't go by the chart behind the door. I found all the speeds to be far too slow for each power setting according to metal thickness. Power settings were above or below everything i ever welded. Calling that a basic guide is too generous. Its nearly useless.
    Thus it would help SO much knowing the DC volts of each letter.
    Its bad getting beginners used to a system of numbers in place of volts anyways. Was going to buy a Miller Multiprocess welder that had digital display but I needed to abuse something cheaper first and I hear its a somewhat good leaning machine.

Speaking of, does anyone know the average voltage of each letter, A through J on the Titanium 125 Easy Flux?
    Some Titanium 125's show 1-10 for both volts and feed rate.
    Mine is A through J for DC volts.

I planned to test this myself in case no one else has.
    My plan to find the volts of A - J is this:
    -lay bead welds or something simple with full contact
    -observe the duty cycle for continuous efficiency
    -adjusting good feed rate as you climb up the A to J power settings
    -keeping proper distance and angle
    -sand your project pieces with grinder, wipe with acetone
    -use mild steel
    I will have to do voltage readings for each letter plus the .5 mark (A.5, B.5, etc)
    so there will be 20 volt readings for this machine.

And testing each letter 2 or 3 times back to back would be best for an accurate constant.

Was going to do it myself but thought I'd ask the community first.
    Last edited by ]\/[ission]\/[an; 12-13-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Im current welding student and my father recently purchased a titanium unlimited 140 to help me practice when not at school. all that aside Im not too fond of the Mig gun it comes with could anyone tell me which guns are compatible and the detailed steps I need to take in order to make that work with m titanium welder which has a 5 pin connector the wire feed power supply I think I could be wrong about that so im not 100% sure but I know it has a 5 pin connector that differs from a lot of other mig guns and welders. Also I would be very appreciative if someone who know harbor freight welders could tell me if the vulcan Mig 180 gun that they sel online would work with the titanium 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arconist View Post
    Hi Im current welding student and my father recently purchased a titanium unlimited 140 to help me practice when not at school. all that aside Im not too fond of the Mig gun it comes with could anyone tell me which guns are compatible and the detailed steps I need to take in order to make that work with m titanium welder which has a 5 pin connector the wire feed power supply I think I could be wrong about that so im not 100% sure but I know it has a 5 pin connector that differs from a lot of other mig guns and welders. Also I would be very appreciative if someone who know harbor freight welders could tell me if the vulcan Mig 180 gun that they sel online would work with the titanium 140
    HTP sells guns for it . Last time I looked, they started at $135 for a 10' lead

16. Likes 52 Ford, California liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist