Thread: is it the millenial generation??? "where is the mig gun?"

Post Thanks / Like

is it the millenial generation??? "where is the mig gun?"

I have a Lincoln powerarc 4000 up for sale on craigs list and offer up and letgo here in Tucson that I bought years ago to keep on my mobile home transport Semi tractor as at the time the axles the factories were using kept breaking etc.. (they keep recycling the same old axles as they buy em back from the installers and nobody does any inspections on them) after I put the welder on the truck I never broke another axle so it basically rode in a cabinet on the back of the truck for 6 years never even put fuel in it till a girlfriends brother needed rescuing and I put the lil welder in the back of her Taho insteada draggin out the big miller etc.. and I'm getting slammed with questions like "where is the mig gun" or "is it capable of mig" and "does it have plasma cutting ability"

here are the pics accompanying the ad

Name:  IMG_20190621_095943694_HDR.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  110.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190621_095952481.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  101.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190621_100003329_HDR.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  111.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190621_100014795_HDR.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  99.7 KB

now am I just getting old or is this generation lacking in some basic observation skills, basic common sense and basic ability to do an internet search for "lincoln powerarc 4000" I mean its listed at $500 I'd be embarrased to ask such questions without doing a lil research first
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 06-22-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: is it the millenial generation??? "where is the mig gun?"

The next question will be " will that run my whole house " ........idiots everywhere !

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Can I charge my Tesla car with that?
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

i'll send you check for full price and extra $500.once check clears i will have my agent come and pick it up from you as i'm deployed and out of town.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    i'll send you check for full price and extra $500.once check clears i will have my agent come and pick it up from you as i'm deployed and out of town.
    LOL!!!!!

Now that's a great deal heh heh

Post Thanks / Like

I've got so I cringe when I put something for sale on CL because it takes a few days to discourage all the spammers, etc.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the MIG gun?
    -Ruark
    "Become one with the puddle, grasshopper" - Welding Instructor
    Lincoln 3200HD
    Hobart Stickmate LX235
    TWECO Fabricator 211i

Post Thanks / Like

All of you guys that seem surprised about humans getting dumber must not get out much.

CR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRoads View Post
    All of you guys that seem surprised about humans getting dumber must not get out much.
    This!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRoads View Post
    Well..... when the education system isn't educating what do you expect???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    Well..... when the education system isn't educating what do you expect???
    I believe the education system is spending more time indoctrinating than educating!!
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow, that's a great price, I don't think the wifey will let me buy it for the welder, but might for the generator, even though we already have 2 gensets. I'll talk to her & get back.
    I'm about 130 some miles from you.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

a guy outa new mexico showed up... didnt even needa open his mouth could tell from lookin at him he was a WELDER fired it up on first pull handed him my spare hood and he ran a purty bead with 6011 at 85 amps he tapped it with the ground clamp to clean it and took 5 $100 bills outa his pocket... said it wasn't up to his trailblazer but it was smooth for an ac machine and he could load it on an ATV and go do repairs where he cant drag his Miller or his SA200, helped him load it in his F350 and he rode off away from the sunset towards new Mexico

there really should be a deep deep investigation into our public schools and higher education, had a pretty brunetts 20 something asked me the other day if I could help her put the "gallon" on her water cooler.. I couldn't figure out why shed only have a gallon of water but said sure... nice car, Uof A license plate Az wildcat paraphenilia all over the place so I asked what her studies where... pre med! the gallon? thats what she thought all container which hold water are called...... how do ya go through life and not once get corrected for something like that? oh yea.... looks

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years I have had people say " I can weld". The last episode was a new kid they hired to run the batch plant. First thing he said when I showed up was " I can weld". I had some plates to stich on the hoppers and threw the leads on the ground, Handed him some 7018 and started dragging out leads. Told him go up in the hoppers and stitch these plates in. He told me on I can weld with a mig. So "Trigger" has become his nickname.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon-mech View Post
    a guy outa new mexico showed up... didnt even needa open his mouth could tell from lookin at him he was a WELDER fired it up on first pull handed him my spare hood and he ran a purty bead with 6011 at 85 amps he tapped it with the ground clamp to clean it and took 5 $100 bills outa his pocket... said it wasn't up to his trailblazer but it was smooth for an ac machine and he could load it on an ATV and go do repairs where he cant drag his Miller or his SA200, helped him load it in his F350 and he rode off away from the sunset towards new Mexico

there really should be a deep deep investigation into our public schools and higher education, had a pretty brunetts 20 something asked me the other day if I could help her put the "gallon" on her water cooler.. I couldn't figure out why shed only have a gallon of water but said sure... nice car, Uof A license plate Az wildcat paraphenilia all over the place so I asked what her studies where... pre med! the gallon? thats what she thought all container which hold water are called...... how do ya go through life and not once get corrected for something like that? oh yea.... looks
    And she is pre med? I got a daughter who is a nurse, when she was in nurses training I rember quizzing her on liquid measurements. converting from metric to standard and vice versa and big to little and little to big and and the whole bit. I sure hope this kid don't get far in medicine if evry container holds a gallon..sure wouldn't want her workin on me

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid people in every generation.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Post Thanks / Like

Well poo, I think I had the wifey talked into it.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon-mech View Post

If she is pretty she does not need brain. There will be guys lined up for her to doctor on just so they can be close to her. Her teachers will give her good grades just because she has a nice smile or wears a low cut top. All she really needs to know is how to flash her eyes.