Views: 1036
Size:  61.5 KB
    Name:  thumbnail dragline hitch.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  59.7 KB
    Name:  thumbnaildragline hitch extension.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  72.9 KB

If its rainin and you want me in a shop this work will keep me happy, This is a dragline hitch extension I rebuilt on a rainy Saturday a few years ago

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragline hitch extension

Looking good I want to run the dragline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SA-250 TMD
    Squarewave 200
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    1951 G.E. welder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Looking good I want to run the dragline!

They were supposed to be putting one together near Moscow MS when I was there building that power plant...did they ever get that plant and the shovel
    going? I heard they had a lot of problems with it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    They were supposed to be putting one together near Moscow MS when I was there building that power plant...did they ever get that plant and the shovel
    going? I heard they had a lot of problems with it
    Small world. You remember all those tractors pulling dirt buckets on that site? They got her up and going and just the other day parked her for good. The gasification side would never work and I have heard a bid was let to demo all things connected with that process. I will have to get you a picture or two. I get through there every couple months.

SA-250 TMD
    Squarewave 200
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    1951 G.E. welder

Post Thanks / Like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemper_Project

SA-250 TMD
    Squarewave 200
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    1951 G.E. welder

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from the day I got there that there was more corruption and big money being passed around for favors and payoffs and bribes and so on. I was a structural foreman there for about 11 months. A lot of the iron I was supposed to set wasn't even on site and wasn't even made yet at the fab shop that I was told was down near Meridian...more payoffs there too I suppose, from what they told me that shop wasn't really equipped to do the work. I was there 2 months and read in the paper one night that the job was already 330 million overbudget.

Im just happy these days to be back home.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished this one up this afternoon while it was still on the bucket, the operator looked and seen the bucket comin up out the pit a bit lopsided, when he pulled the hoist and seen the dragline dangling in the air then he got the picture...call Popeye, I was at funeral Wedsday, so I didn't get at it until Thursday. Not quite so easy doin it while it still on the bucket but I got it done.

Name:  hitch.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  43.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from the day I got there that there was more corruption and big money being passed around for favors and payoffs and bribes and so on. I was a structural foreman there for about 11 months. A lot of the iron I was supposed to set wasn't even on site and wasn't even made yet at the fab shop that I was told was down near Meridian...more payoffs there too I suppose, from what they told me that shop wasn't really equipped to do the work. I was there 2 months and read in the paper one night that the job was already 330 million overbudget.

Im just happy these days to be back home.
    Whenever the government gets involved, things get out of control. A bunch of $hitheads with power.

I just finished this one up this afternoon while it was still on the bucket, the operator looked and seen the bucket comin up out the pit a bit lopsided, when he pulled the hoist and seen the dragline dangling in the air then he got the picture...call Popeye, I was at funeral Wedsday, so I didn't get at it until Thursday. Not quite so easy doin it while it still on the bucket but I got it done.

Name:  hitch.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  43.3 KB
    Nice work! Please keep posting.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"