Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needle Scalers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Needle Scalers

Anyone who stands by their spouse for that long deserves a lot of praise and recognition. It sucks that just about the time we get things figured out to make lives easier our bodies fall apart and we are back to difficult again
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    Anyone who stands by their spouse for that long deserves a lot of praise and recognition. It sucks that just about the time we get things figured out to make lives easier our bodies fall apart and we are back to difficult again
    That's true! My wife & I are heading for 46 come September, she'll be 64 in August.it's awesome when two people are right & can go for 50 or more years. My mom passed 4 months before their 50th anniversary.
    Popeye, I feel for ya with the knees, mine are both bone on bone, but I don't want surgery, I had a good friend die in February, he went in for knee replacement, got through the surgery and died while in the recovery room, he was 58. You mentiond guys getting upeer back & neck surgery that were never able to return to work, I think that has a higher success rate than lower back surgery, my second injury happened at work & our workers comp insurance carrier never batted an eye or questioned anything about my injury, and in fact my adjuster told me that no-one questions my injuries.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 04-19-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    That's true! My wife & I are heading for 46 come September, she'll be 64 in August.it's awesome when two people are right & can go for 50 or more years. My mom passed 4 months before their 50th anniversary.
    Popeye, I feel for ya with the knees, mine are both bone on bone, but I don't want surgery, I had a good friend die in February, he went in for knee replacement, got through the surgery and died while in the recovery room, he was 58. You mentiond guys getting upeer back & neck surgery that were never able to return to work, I think that has a higher success rate than lower back surgery, my second injury happened at work & our workers comp insurance carrier never batted an eye or questioned anything about my injury, and in fact my adjuster told me that no-one questions my injuries.
    i hope your back is doin better Caveman, and your knees as well. This is the first I saw this reply, I guess I missed it bein busy workin and such. When you talked about your friend dying from a knee replacement got me to thinkin about a girl I went to school with. She is maybe 3 years younger than me so that puts her at around 60. 8 years ago she had one of them replaced and that went very well for her. So 2 years after that she gets the other one replaced, that didnt go well at all. I dont know what all goes on during and after this stuff but for some reason she sprung a leak in the insision about 2 weeks later real nasty smelly crap was comin out of it. Then she starts running a fever so she goes to the doctor and gives her some antiboitcs. Well this dont help her at all so they open her up and drain this crap out of her knee and stitch her back up. This infection continues so they take the replacement parts out and put a stick in between her upper and lower leg, meaning she has no knee joint to bend. They tell her when this infection clears up and she gets through the therapy she can get another knee replacement. So a year or so goes by and she gets another knee replacement done. About 2 weeks later she springs a leak again at the insision, and starts with a fever again. So they go through the whole treatment procedure again and she still has the same problem, and its the same infection caused by the same bacteria or virus or whatever caused it, so they put the stick back in. They tell her when she gets through the therapy again she can have another knee replacement.

A year or so after this she goes in for another knee replacement. 2 weeks later she springs a leak and starts a fever, now she is bound and determined she is gonna have a knee, she tells the doc after draining it and the antibiotics that she dont want a stick she wants a knee so they leave it in for a week longer. She goes back to the doctor and he tells her he has to take this knee out now or she will lose her leg if she dont die first. So they take the out and dont put a stick in just yet they want to see how she does with her lower leg just hangin there while she is on bedrest, I guess to make sure the infection goes away completely. After about a week they put the stick back in but they are still not sure whether or not she will lose her leg. Same infection and all, now why did her one knee goes so good for her and the other one so bad???? They cant figure it out

They talked about replacing my right knee when i was 40, I told them hell no, with what I do for a living it would last about 3 years and would be doin it all over again. I think I will keep the knees God issued me back in 1957 Thank You very much. Take care of yourself and God Bless You. I hope you feel better

Post Thanks / Like

Got my needle scaler fired up yesterday... put a whip hose on it after I took the pic as per recommendations here. Cool little toy and I got it on sale.Name:  IMG_6213.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  110.2 KB
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Got my needle scaler fired up yesterday... put a whip hose on it after I took the pic as per recommendations here. Cool little toy and I got it on sale.Name:  IMG_6213.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  110.2 KB
    These things are awesome for removing slag or peening a weld to relieve it.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN