+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miller Optima Pulsers

Post Thanks / Like

Miller Optima Pulsers

i have 3 used Miller Optima pulse units in good working condition. I don't have a use for these anymore. I would like to sell them for $350.00 each. I realize that the price is low but I want someone to get some use out of these units. Also I have a PC300 tig pulse control for the same price. Freight is NOT included in the price. Please contact me through the forum if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller Optima Pulsers

Hello,

That is a good price. Would you have any pictures of the units?

Thank you,
    CW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
    Hello,

That is a good price. Would you have any pictures of the units?

Thank you,
    CW
    Yes I can provide pictures of all the units. I will try to get them out today. These units I have collected since I worked in the welding supply, welding applications and trouble shooting field for 35 plus years.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry. I had to go out of town and didn't get to post the pic's of the units. I am back now and trying to get things in order. I will do my best to get them posted by days end.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also be interested in these.

Does anyone know if these would be able to run on a TB 325 with a spoolgun for aluminum?
    -Doogie

Miller 350P
    Miller Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power
    Lincoln LN25 suitcase welder
    XMT 304/22a feeder
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX
    Miller Econotig
    Hobart Handler 140
    (2) Uni-Hydro 42-14
    Hypertherm 65 plasma
    WEBB Gap bed lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0375.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  41.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0377.jpg
Views: 2318
Size:  39.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0376.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  39.2 KB

Pictures of Pulsers

Post Thanks / Like

I will find out if they can be ran on that unit and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derekpfeiffer View Post
    I'd also be interested in these.

Does anyone know if these would be able to run on a TB 325 with a spoolgun for aluminum?
    The Optima Pulser is designed to operate on an XMT304, XMT350, or an XMT456. It will not function on a Trailblazer 325.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I’d like to figure out a way to discuss these opti pulser’s and hopefully purchase one . Please feel free to PM me . If I don’t respond then I’m probably under the Bucket but real interested!! . Thanks
    Valweld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valweld View Post
    Hi, I’d like to figure out a way to discuss these opti pulser’s and hopefully purchase one . Please feel free to PM me . If I don’t respond then I’m probably under the Bucket but real interested!! . Thanks
    Valweld
    Valweld, I have 1 of the optima pulsers left. What unit do you wieh to use these on. They are designed to work well with the Miller XMT304, the Miller XMT 350, and the Miller XMT456. There are aluminum programs, nickel programs in these units as well as others. each one comes with a manual.I have collected these over my career in the welding supply field and I don't have a use for them anymore.
    If you have anymore questions please contact me at 814-715-0795 after noon, Pa. time. Chopper

Post Thanks / Like

If you've never used one before, I can confirm that they (assuming they are optima 304's) are plug and play on an XMT CC/CV. They piggyback the 14 pin plug to whatever wire feeder you are using, whether it's a set top feeder or even a spoolgun.

Plug in, set the XMT panel to remote control and Pulsed MIG, turn the inductance low-to-mid, and then the optima is ready to go. Select whatever pulsed program you want, as well as arc length, or set a manual pulse, or set it with straight CV. The wirefeeder still sets its own WFS, and the Optima sorts everything else out For being a piggyback pendant thing designed decades ago, it's a pretty slick system that just works, and it's even nice to use for manual CV having voltage control next to your workpiece, although a bit overkill if you're "set and forget"!

The steel programs are ok, you have to set carefully for proper fusion though, and usually short-arc/spray is a better choice. The aluminium programs are very good, and that's what I would buy one for.
    Last edited by Munkul; 09-03-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper! View Post
    Yes I can provide pictures of all the units. I will try to get them out today. These units I have collected since I worked in the welding supply, welding applications and trouble shooting field for 35 plus years.
    Apothecary
    Some how I lost your address. Please get it back to me so I can calculate the freight and give you a total price. Then when I receive a money order for the total I will ship it you priority mail.
    Chopper

Post Thanks / Like

Valweld
    Please send me your address so I can calculate the freight. Then I will send you a total. After that , When I receive your money order for the total, I will send you the unit priority mail.
    Chopper

Post Thanks / Like

I have one Miller Optima Pulser left to sell and I also have have a Miller CP300 tig pulse unit to sell as well. They are both $300.00 each. If anyone is interested please contact me via. the web. for further information and Pic's. Also, any of you who have expressed an interest in one of these from my previous post, please get back to me if your still interested.
    I will have some other items in the near future as i go through my 38 years of collected welding accessories that I don't have a use for since I am going into semi-retirement at the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some interest in the pulses. I have an XMT 350 that I’m looking to find a bench top feeder for. A pulse between them would be a nice addition. If you’d like to PM me a picture of your last unit I’ll take a look and we can go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the picture above the unit that I have left is the one on the bottom. This unit is in working order but as you can see it has been used a great deal. I checked it on Friday to be sure it was in working order and it is. However, the LED screen is readable , but its not crystal clear. So I am reducing the price of this particular unit to $200.00 plus shipping. If you are still interested please contact me at 814-715-0795 to discuss the unit in further detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Chopper,

The Optima arrived today, and fired right up when connected to my XMT 304. Thank you for offering this for a great price, and for shipping it quickly. I'll keep watching this forum, and maybe we'll do some more business in the future.

Thanks again,
    CW

Post Thanks / Like

CW, I am glad all is well. If you have any follow-up questions you know where to find me. Chopper

Post Thanks / Like

Winniweld, The last unit will be shipping probably at the weeks end to OR. I still have 1 CP300 pulser unit for tig if you or anyone else is interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you still have one for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Would any of these work on a syncrowave 351 tig machine? I'm looking for pulser options for this machine.

Post Thanks / Like

DO you still have any of the Optima controllers left ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,I would like to purchase a pulse for my xmt 304,does it plug into 14 pin? My shipping add is zip 14012 in ny.do you take paypal thx pete my email is petelutz41@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist