Thread: TIG Welder Trolley (frame, anyway)

Post Thanks / Like

TIG Welder Trolley (frame, anyway)

So I got a new TIG welder over a month ago, to replace my big old watercooled ESAB 250 AC/DC... "only" a 200amp Lorch unit, this thing is very nice, and packs a way bigger punch than you'd think
    and one thing I was definite about was that the new machine would also be water cooled, with a wp20 sized torch... the LWS was very good with me, and sold me this old Esseti welder trolley base with a perfectly decent cooler inside, for only 100, as it was lying around catching dust

All i had to do was make a frame and shelf to sit on top to hold the welder, a gas bottle holder, a handle, some cable hooks, and a wired in socket to run the cooler/welder from a single lead.

Pretty pleased with it, even though it took way longer to make than it looks like it should have... it's only a few bits of 25mm square tube, after all!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TIG Welder Trolley (frame, anyway)

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very nice cart.

I have a question. Is the cap on the gas cylinder (or bottle) a safety cap, or is it just used as an aide to help roll the cylinder around?

thanks,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Nifty!

I always wonder at the vintage of the building you're in. Don't see windows like that anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Sammmmm...He's in the UK....Some of their old buildings are older than 50 yrs ...A bit...

Nice work. 304 Stainless? It is amazing how much time even the simplest things take if you want them done right.

And thanks again for your help on my TIG SS questions a couple weeks back, Munkul.
    -Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Sammmmm...He's in the UK....Some of their old buildings are older than 50 yrs ...A bit...

Nice work. 304 Stainless? It is amazing how much time even the simplest things take if you want them done right.

And thanks again for your help on my TIG SS questions a couple weeks back, Munkul.
    I forget that just about everything in Europe is older than what we have over here. Except for Catherine Deneuve (insert fwapping sound effects). It would be sad day if I found out that she aged like the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

cheers guys yeah 304 stainless. I need to get something to passivate the welds with now.

Dave, the gas bottle has a steel guard around the neck, all UK bottles have these to my knowledge. They protect the valve from damage and yes, you use them to help move the bottles around. We don't have those screw-on covers that you guys have for protecting the valves when in transit.

Yeah my workshop is an old cow byre, used to have stalls for 20 cows, probably 60-70 years old. I was about 6-7 years old when we knocked the stalls down and made it flat floored. Then I slowly took over the building I'm moving workshops to a bigger shed soon too this one is too small for all of my gear and also my brother's gear.